How to kill lupi as a ranger

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

The meta is changing at an alarming rate!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1HrNJA6DfA

Edit : we did an actual oneshot, from the ranger PoV without a guard : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Tl4L2C8vE

(edited by bladex.9502)

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Guardian, Wall, Wall of reflects and a dead ranger (who i belive used axe 5).
Captain?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

bladex.9502

Guardian, Wall, Wall of reflects and a dead ranger.
Captain?

If you would actually use your eyes, you would see that the guardian places the wall on the ground, just to be save.
The reflect is done with ranger axe 5, reason I died is because the reflect isn’t long enough to last for the entirety of the barrage

Now that I look at the video again I notice that it isn’t even the phase 2 AoE itself that kills me, but the phase transition AoE that comes after it

(edited by bladex.9502)

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Captain?

If you would actually use your eyes, you would see that the guardian places the wall on the ground, just to be save.
The reflect is done with ranger axe 5, reason I died is because the reflect isn’t long enough to last for the entirety of the barrage

Yeah i couldnt see that, i assumed that after and updated my message. Still you died, so , assuming you get up in that wall in a legit way, bringing a ranger for reflects is a game changer? without the guardian wall, could that protect your party?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

bladex.9502

Captain?

Yeah i couldnt see that, i assumed that after and updated my message. Still you died, so , assuming you get up in that wall in a legit way, bringing a ranger for reflects is a game changer? without the guardian wall, could that protect your party?

Note that this is my ranger that I purely use for WvW, and has absolutely kitten gear.
With proper crit chance and boons, you could easily oneshot him like this.
Also, this is a joke, this is not in any way better than a guard’s reflect, I’m also strongly against oneshotting lupi, and this was just me and my friend being bored and wanting to see if it could be done on other classes

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

lol dis thread so srs i’m play gaurd and i’m offended
u clearly got help buy the gaurd, else u couldnt of done it urself on such a broken class
why do u act s opro m8

Hopfully anet will listen and fix the ranger
I keep getting oneshoted
with no way to dodge.

(Ode to that guy… what was his name again? the ele that kept getting oneshot with no possiblity t o dodge and played gs mes only?)

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

bladex.9502

Abe always coming up with things before me :’(

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

all classes can place a reflect on top of that wall in some way to oneshot lupi. But necro requires a reflecting crystal, a mesmer and a lh. The rest can oneshot with in class mechanics. Thief also needs a lh and a mes due to it’s limited leaps.

Posted by: Sunset.1843

Sunset.1843

Abe always coming up with things before me :’(

We got to work harder tomorrow! More oneshots! More Lupis! More Bearbow!

bladex.9502

all classes can place a reflect on top of that wall in some way to oneshot lupi. But necro requires a reflecting crystal, a mesmer and a lh. The rest can oneshot with in class mechanics. Thief also needs a lh and a mes due to it’s limited leaps.

Actually, you cant get up there with LH, only classes that are able to get up there are warrior with savage leap, elementalist with ride the lightning and ranger with monarch’s leap.
Reflecting crystals are not gonna be reliable because 9/10 times RNG is going to kitten you over and break it after 2 hits.
Thief’s daggerstorm doesn’t work, as well as every elementalist reflect.

We tried all of this, so you might wanna actually check your kitten before you comment :P

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Rocket Boots or Jump Shot from Engi not work?

bladex.9502

I think they will, but I don’t play engi so I can’t test it myself.
Will ask my friend to test it out tomorrow.
The real question is why you would even want to get up there as an engi tho, since you can ground target your reflect there anyways

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Am I the only one who was expecting Lupi to be one shotted but only to be disappointed in the end?

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

deSade.9437

I’m disappointed because there’s a rangur and he’s not playing pigbow.

bladex.9502

Am I the only one who was expecting Lupi to be one shotted but only to be disappointed in the end?

If you donate me money to buy proper gear for my ranger instead of this soldier’s kitten I will upload a real oneshot :P

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I think they will, but I don’t play engi so I can’t test it myself.
Will ask my friend to test it out tomorrow.
The real question is why you would even want to get up there as an engi tho, since you can ground target your reflect there anyways

You should try playing an engi they’re fun. However, our ground targetted elixir U is a 50% chance of smokescreen… so yeah. We have shield4 that will reflect, we have Fortified turrets but we can no longer place turrets other than supply crate which I’m unsure if you can land that right. Then there’s flamethrower Air Blast which I’ve found to be quite amazing actually, love seeing Bloomhunger covered in white numbers, I don’t run Arah all that often though(fractals ftw) so I haven’t really been able to fully explore the options there.

SlyDevil.3952

Actually, you cant get up there with LH, only classes that are able to get up there are warrior with savage leap, elementalist with ride the lightning and ranger with monarch’s leap.
Reflecting crystals are not gonna be reliable because 9/10 times RNG is going to kitten you over and break it after 2 hits.

We tried all of this, so you might wanna actually check your kitten before you comment :P

I jsut completed the full skip from beginning to lupi wall with a lh. When I have someone on I’ll test out elementalist reflects.

bladex.9502

I jsut completed the full skip from beginning to lupi wall with a lh. When I have someone on I’ll test out elementalist reflects.

You can get on the lupi wall with LH, but you have to get to a certain spot where there isn’t an invisible wall, because if you stand behind the invisible wall he will just go invulnerable after a few hits

SlyDevil.3952

You can get on the lupi wall with LH, but you have to get to a certain spot where there isn’t an invisible wall, because if you stand behind the invisible wall he will just go invulnerable after a few hits

If you approach from the arch next to his spawn you can jump over the invis wall.

bladex.9502

Here’s an actual ranger oneshot, from the ranger’s PoV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Tl4L2C8vE

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Wow how did you do phase 1 and then get on top of the wall? Kappa Keepo Kappa Kappa

dboylolz.3916

Wow how did you do phase 1 and then get on top of the wall? Kappa Keepo Kappa Kappa

There’s another person in the party you kitten

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Okay how did the dead player at the start of the instance do it then :>

dboylolz.3916

Okay how did the dead player at the start of the instance do it then :>

He obviously ran and suicided when lupi phased

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Nah, it’s obvious that he went to do an open world boss, died there, got invited to arah instance, and then entered the dungeon already dead.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

It works. Why use them when you can RNGeesus elixir U?

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

So summary of class one shot abilities.

Confirmed:
Mesmer – focus on wall
Gaurdian – wor on wall
Ranger – axe 5 standing on wall
Warrior – shield 5 + trait standing on wall
Engineer – throw elixer on wall 50% of the time. Reflect off turrets on the wall?

Personal speculation/too lazy to check:
Thief – dagger storm standing on the wall
Elementalist – magnetic aura standing on the wall

No known method:
Revenant
Necromancer

Guys please. To make things balanced, we need to figure out a way for necros to one shot lupi. Can someone get a necro up there, with a reflect crystal? I know we would need all the rng in the world, but its for the greater good.

Sunset.1843

Confirmed:
Mesmer – focus on wall
Gaurdian – wor on wall
Engineer – throw elixer on wall 50% of the time. Reflect off turrets on the wall?

First of all, I am certain that Warrior and Shield Mastery doesnt work anymore with the latest trait changes. It’s not the same as missile reflection, and when we tried it most of the projectile got blocked and not reflected (Maybe its the feedback mechanic? Where it only reflects 25 and then absorbs them (?)).

Engineer’s Flamethrower and Shield could potentially oneshot lupi. I have tried it a few times, we got Lupi down to 10-25%. However with some tweaking on the positioning, traits and gear we may be able to record a proper oneshot.

dboylolz.3916

Confirmed:
Mesmer – focus on wall
Gaurdian – wor on wall

First of all, I am certain that Warrior and Shield Mastery doesnt work anymore with the latest trait changes. It’s not the same as missile reflection, and when we tried it most of the projectile got blocked and not reflected (Maybe its the feedback mechanic? Where it only reflects 25 and then absorbs them (?)).

Engineer’s Flamethrower and Shield could potentially oneshot lupi. I have tried it a few times, we got Lupi down to 10-25%. However with some tweaking on the positioning, traits and gear we may be able to record a proper oneshot.

There’s no such thing as a feedback mechanic

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

guys please, your all focused on the wrong class. How do we do it with necro????

SlyDevil.3952

guys please, your all focused on the wrong class. How do we do it with necro????

You need a mes/ele/necro. ele/mes go mountain goating, port necro up with kittenloads of crystals for rng. then you swap into deathshroud as you pick up the crystal to cap your crit chance. Also warriors banner and 25 vuln highly suggested.

Turret reflects don’t quite kill him because of no crit chance, idk, maybe if we shove enough rangers into the party we can get enough projectiles created.

deSade.9437

Necro confirmed too heavy to be carried

Gotta lose some weight, spojski!

Sunset.1843

You need a mes/ele/necro. ele/mes go mountain goating, port necro up with kittenloads of crystals for rng. then you swap into deathshroud as you pick up the crystal to cap your crit chance. Also warriors banner and 25 vuln highly suggested.

Turret reflects don’t quite kill him because of no crit chance, idk, maybe if we shove enough rangers into the party we can get enough projectiles created.

You sir are a beautiful human being! This idea is gorgeous, I will have to try it as soon as I got time, but dont you drop the crystal when activating deathshroud? (I have no idea how bundles on necros work)

Was this done after the latest patch? Because when I tried it it didnt reflect kitten.

(edited by Sunset.1843)

SlyDevil.3952

You sir are a beautiful human being! This idea is gorgeous, I will have to try it as soon as I got time, but dont you drop the crystal when activating deathshroud? (I have no idea how bundles on necros work)

Was this done after the latest patch? Because when I tried it it didnt reflect kitten.

Check his build at the end of the video.

You interact with the crystal, and as your character is doing the bundle pick-up you activate deathshroud, you’ll end up in shroud with the crystal in hand, and you can take advantage of the 50% crit chance boost from trait lines.

Sunset.1843

Ah I saw it now, I closed the tab befor that – odd though that it blocked most for me. I’ll have to try it a couple more times then