How to link [Legendary Insight]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

If you enjoy raiding with pugs, I’m sure you have noticed that the groups will often ask you to have a certain amount of insights before inviting you. It’s all good for veteran raiders, but it excludes those that just started to raid.

Fortunately, you can use “chat link format” to link items you don’t have in the game. For example, if you type [&Agr2LQEA] in the chat, it will appear as [Legendary Insight]. Here are the first 36 legendary insights code.

• [&Agr2LQEA] -> [Legendary Insight]
  • [&AgL2LQEA] -> [2 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AgP2LQEA] -> [3 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AgT2LQEA] -> [4 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AgX2LQEA] -> [5 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Agb2LQEA] -> [6 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Agf2LQEA] -> [7 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Agj2LQEA] -> [8 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Agn2LQEA] -> [9 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Agr2LQEA] -> [10 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Agv2LQEA] -> [11 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Agz2LQEA] -> [12 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ag32LQEA] -> [13 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ag72LQEA] -> [14 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ag/2LQEA] -> [15 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AhD2LQEA] -> [16 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AhH2LQEA] -> [17 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AhL2LQEA] -> [18 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AhP2LQEA] -> [19 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AhT2LQEA] -> [20 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AhX2LQEA] -> [21 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ahb2LQEA] -> [22 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ahf2LQEA] -> [23 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ahj2LQEA] -> [24 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ahn2LQEA] -> [25 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ahr2LQEA] -> [26 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ahv2LQEA] -> [27 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ahz2LQEA] -> [28 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ah32LQEA] -> [29 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ah72LQEA] -> [30 Legendary Insights]
  • [&Ah/2LQEA] -> [31 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AiD2LQEA] -> [32 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AiH2LQEA] -> [33 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AiL2LQEA] -> [34 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AiP2LQEA] -> [35 Legendary Insights]
  • [&AiT2LQEA] -> [36 Legendary Insights]

Happy raiding!

For more info on “chat link format” refer to this page on the wiki : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chat_link_format

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Lol. Anyone will notice if you are new to a raid. You just earn a free ticket to the block list if you fake your experience.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

and then people wonder why we’ve been asking for tools such as gear check and DPS meter. OP is the reason.

Posted by: Leezy.4567

Leezy.4567

This is just wrong.
A group can add whatever requirement they want, if they want someone with adequate experience what gives you the right to lie to them jump in and cause some wipes before they kick you because you feel entitled because you are “new” and deserve a shot?

And to those say that insights don’t = experience or skill you are right it doesn’t. But that is the only system in place where people can quickly check and get going.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Meh, this again?

Easily countered. If someone wants an insight requirement, require PuGs to use GW2efficiency.com. Not only can you see if they have the required number of insights, but you can check gear and food/utilities as well.

Problem solved.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

PuGs can require whatever they want. No one has to respect it.

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

Meh, this again?

Easily countered. If someone wants an insight requirement, require PuGs to use GW2efficiency.com. Not only can you see if they have the required number of insights, but you can check gear and food/utilities as well.

Problem solved.

Eh, that’s way more inconvenient though. Because you can’t copy-paste text in chat, you’ll have to type out every single character of the API code before looking up the number of insights. Then you’ll also cut off a lot of people who are good raiders, but don’t want to bother generating an API code just to have access to raids.

The easiest solution is just say being experienced is mandatory, and if it’s clear they’re not from gameplay, kick them. In my experiences this has never actually caused an issue, because most people are smart enough not to waste time if they know they’ll be kicked.

Talyn.3295

Meh, this again?

Problem solved.

Eh, that’s way more inconvenient though. Because you can’t copy-paste text in chat, you’ll have to type out every single character of the API code before looking up the number of insights. Then you’ll also cut off a lot of people who are good raiders, but don’t want to bother generating an API code just to have access to raids.

The easiest solution is just say being experienced is mandatory, and if it’s clear they’re not from gameplay, kick them. In my experiences this has never actually caused an issue, because most people are smart enough not to waste time if they know they’ll be kicked.

Meh,

I don’t have to pug. So honestly I don’t care if people like the solution. I just said it was there. But there are somethings you have to keep in mind.

1. If you are pugging and you are the kinda of player who is going to ask for restrictions then asking someone have a gw2fficiency account isn’t unreasonable.

2. If the person is unwilling to have one, then they have just filtered themselves. Most of the good raiders already have one for its other benefits.

3. There is no need to type anything. You copy the link, go in game, send the person a mail, with the link inside, then they simply copy it from there. Done.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

You can’t copy text from the game. You have to type it out. You could have the person get in TS and then have them copy paste it. I’m sure if they know already upfron they need to copy paste the api in team speak they won’t join if they do not meet the requirements. It would be a awkward/ a pain of someone joined the TS, pasted, and didn’t meet the requirements but I highly doubt that would happen with any consistency.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Why stop at 36? [&Avz2LQEA]

Talyn.3295

You can’t copy text from the game. You have to type it out. You could have the person get in TS and then have them copy paste it. I’m sure if they know already upfron they need to copy paste the api in team speak they won’t join if they do not meet the requirements. It would be a awkward/ a pain of someone joined the TS, pasted, and didn’t meet the requirements but I highly doubt that would happen with any consistency.

I was wrong on the Mail copy. I had never tried to copy it out of there. But I have been asked to send the link to the site though that method before.

Point is it still works. If you are the kind of person who is afraid people are going to lie to you about their skill level.

I find the entire idea of trying to sneak into a group ludicrous. I feel bad for people who missed the first wave, but there are also plenty of ways for them to get the experience without being dishonest.

Posted by: joaosequeira.2184

joaosequeira.2184

If you Selfish elitists instead of logging every Monday and do the Raid three times in the row, and don’t log any more and go complain the rest of the week “THA game is dead” -“Im bored” “raids too easy” blabla black desert bla bla I quit on forum and Reddit, YOU could do the full raid at Monday once and get the remaining shards during the week helping new people getting into raids in a chill relaxed way, maybe people wouldn’t need to fake anything (or would be less surprises in your raid).
I personally don’t use chat codes, cause I want to get my own LI with my own effort even if take for ever and i got lucky some people picked me up even knowing I had low exp no eternal bla bla and taught me stuff.

But right now the best way to get into raids (if dont have 9 friends that are into it) is to watch a kittening video 50 times, lie and link 5-10 LI (use common sense) and hope you dont mess up too much and reveal your true exp.

(edited by joaosequeira.2184)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Actually the best way to raid is to join a guild that also raids….

Then you never have to deal with the nonsense that is pugging and the common pug mentality of me before we.

Talyn.3295

Actually the best way to raid is to join a guild that also raids….

Then you never have to deal with the nonsense that is pugging and the common pug mentality of me before we.

Pretty much this. There are alot of great guilds out there, many of which have all three bosses on farm status.

Joining one might mean having to make some changes to your build or even playing a toon that isn’t your “favorite” or main, but if you truly want to Raid, its not that big of a sacrifice.

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

Meh, this again?

Problem solved.

Meh,

I don’t have to pug. So honestly I don’t care if people like the solution. I just said it was there. But there are somethings you have to keep in mind.

1. If you are pugging and you are the kinda of player who is going to ask for restrictions then asking someone have a gw2fficiency account isn’t unreasonable.

2. If the person is unwilling to have one, then they have just filtered themselves. Most of the good raiders already have one for its other benefits.

3. There is no need to type anything. You copy the link, go in game, send the person a mail, with the link inside, then they simply copy it from there. Done.

I don’t pug either, but I’ve had to take pugs frequently because my raid group is usually short 1 or 2 people. The only requirements we ask are that people know what they’re doing and have some amount of experience, and that’s worked out fine for us, because the pugs generally know we’ll kick them and they’ll be wasting their time if it’s clear they’re incompetent. Requiring everyone to be vetted through GW2Efficiency just seems like an entirely unnecessary process.

You might be overestimating the number of competent raiders that use GW2 efficiency. Some of the best raiders I know really don’t give a crap about stuff like that, since knowing your account worth and best monetary use for various currencies doesn’t really affect how good of a raider you are.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

You might be overestimating the number of competent raiders that use GW2 efficiency. Some of the best raiders I know really don’t give a crap about stuff like that, since knowing your account worth and best monetary use for various currencies doesn’t really affect how good of a raider you are.

oh luckily you can use that site to gearcheck too

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

That doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be incredibly rude.

randomguy.1283

If you Selfish elitists instead of logging every Monday and do the Raid three times in the row, and don’t log any more and go complain the rest of the week “THA game is dead” -“Im bored” “raids too easy” blabla black desert bla bla I quit on forum and Reddit, YOU could do the full raid at Monday once and get the remaining shards during the week helping new people getting into raids in a chill relaxed way, maybe people wouldn’t need to fake anything (or would be less surprises in your raid).
I personally don’t use chat codes, cause I want to get my own LI with my own effort even if take for ever and i got lucky some people picked me up even knowing I had low exp no eternal bla bla and taught me stuff.

But right now the best way to get into raids (if dont have 9 friends that are into it) is to watch a kittening video 50 times, lie and link 5-10 LI (use common sense) and hope you dont mess up too much and reveal your true exp.

I’ve actually posted in lfg before looking for inexperienced players to teach them the raid, all I got was people who did it before but were just bored.

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

I’ve actually posted in lfg before looking for inexperienced players to teach them the raid, all I got was people who did it before but were just bored.

Strange, I introduced vale guardian to 5 new players just this morning. There are many around that want to learn and get started to raid.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Marthkus.4615

The same could be said of pug reqs.

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Full Definition of scam
: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation <an insurance scam>

Just report OP for promoting what is essentially scamming and taking advantage of players tbh smh

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Trully good commy will see after 1st pull if you are exp or not.
Look at VG: you pick engi who post your insi, if I don’t see glue shot, glue bomb, chilled seekers, ot might stacking on red guard-kick.
Look at gorsy: if someone jump too early and not dodge knockback attack, etc. -kick

So this what you post only increasing time for exp ppl in squad, who have tons of hour spend by progrresing. I never take care about raid exp-even if its 1st exp for some players, i want only to know how much master in current class player is. And I have some questions how to know it always.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

meanwhile people get kicked for having to many insights because they think its fake -.-

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

WHAT???

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Marthkus.4615

meanwhile people get kicked for having to many insights because they think its fake -.-

Toxic people going to toxic.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The same could be said of pug reqs.

Obvious bait, but whatever: This would also mean no one has to respect you and can kick you whenever they want – just like those people will do.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

That’s a great idea!!….for about the first week or so. Honestly, the reason us “elitists” aren’t commonly seen going out of our way to help train others is because it gets tiring. We’re used to clearing the entirety of the raid in 1-2 hours vs trying to teach others can lead to VG himself taking 1-2 hours alone. Sure, mileage varies per team, but I don’t want to spend hours upon hours on kill attempts.

As far as players faking their gear/items? That’s just a waste of time for both sides. A. It’s obvious to tell a players experience once you throw them into the fire. Even players that bought their kills (thus having legitimate items) are still going to be singled out. B. If you’re going to leech off of our experience at least have the decency to contribute gold or something to the people that carried you. With the exception of the top guilds, very few teams became overnight sensations which means we spent countless of hours/days wiping over and over again until we got comfortable with the encounter and ascended to “elitist” status.

Saying you have no experience? Congrats, no one else did when the content was released, but we were willing to put in the effort at the time where there were no guides, no videos, not much of anything to give us insight on the fight or how to optimize it other than our own wits. There are plenty of “training” groups throughout the week of dedicated players that will teach the no/lesser experienced players on raids mechanics. If you don’t have a static group or roster available to you I would highly recommend tagging along with these groups. At the very least you’re getting your feet wet with the raid encounters, but you can also add the people in your group for future runs since you know they have similar experience as you do.

Personally, if I’m looking for a pug all I’ll ask about is experience. If they know what they’re doing and can actually execute it they get to stay. Otherwise, here’s a boot and on to the next one. If it’s me that’s joining a pug? I’ll ping whatever they’re asking for despite how stupid I personally feel they sound for asking for pings. At the end of the day though, it’s their group, and they get to make the rules. Though, I’ve had my handful of groups that ask for an exp’d player well beyond their own group’s skill and are expecting some sort of carry? In which case, kthxbye, and I’m off to another group because I don’t care to teach other players when I’ve specifically stated I’m looking for a experienced (in-out) group.

(edited by savacli.8172)

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

As some one who is not willing to schedule my life around a guild’s raiding schedule, how do I go about raiding?

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

randomguy.1283

As some one who is not willing to schedule my life around a guild’s raiding schedule, how do I go about raiding?

Join a guild that doesn’t have a strict raiding schedule.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Or make your own raiding guild.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

This is an incredibly rude post.

I’m someone who pugs raids. I do them every week. I don’t want to commit to a certain raid time so I almost always pug them. I take it upon myself to organize the group.

I use insight requirements. For my first kill of the week, I’m not interested in teaching people. My goal is to complete them as smoothly as possible.

You are encouraging people to lie. There is nothing stopping a new player from starting a “learning run” or “some new people.” I join these later in the week. But I know what I’m getting into.

“Elitists” typically have a reputation for being rude and snobby. I’ve yet to see this in game. On the contrary, what I’ve seen is these self proclaimed “white knights” teach others how to lie. Instead of being constructive, you only encourage “elitists” to pug less and less.

Treat others with respect and you get respect in return. There is nothing but disrespect here.

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

I would kick people who use the insights link thing in the last 1% health of the boss.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

(edited by harold.3526)

insanemaniac.2456

and how exactly would you find out theyre lying if you get the boss to 1%?

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I would kick people who use the insights link thing in the last 1% health of the boss.

While I agree lying about it is a crappy thing to do. If you got the boss to 1%, then who cares? You win.

Also, I was in a Sabetha pug the other day and we had someone that was DCing a bunch. Finally we decided to kick them after they didn’t come back online. So we kicked mid fight. Sabetha de-spawned on us. Not sure if it would be a repeatable bug. But as a general rule now I won’t kick someone except between pulls.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

All the bosses can be done with less than 10 and you notice if that person who linked 30 insights was being carried.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

• Neglect the blue teleport spots
  • Stand in seeker aoe’s, “pie dead zones”, Gorsy’s “floor is lava”, Sab’s flax
  • Doesn’t stand behind boss to avoid damage
  • Excessive downing.
  • Stupid deaths: running into flame walls, not jumping off platform, etc
  • Doesn’t run to the spirit wall after cc phase (assuming a non no-updraft)
  • Don’t know where to go during boss phase transitions
  • Doesn’t know build/roles for the fight (E.G. says he knows Green duty but doesn’t run to the spot).

Etc Etc. There’s plenty of red flags that make it easy to catch a liar. Though by the time we get to 1% a faker would be well beyond dead or being rez’d again for the 10th time.

insanemaniac.2456

to me, getting to 1% means everyone is pulling weight. because the pug runs ive been in have been strong enough to clear the content, but not to carry people. when fakers/newbies abound, wipes get called early and the group never even enters the final phase.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

While I agree lying about it is a crappy thing to do. If you got the boss to 1%, then who cares? You win.

Also, I was in a Sabetha pug the other day and we had someone that was DCing a bunch. Finally we decided to kick them after they didn’t come back online. So we kicked mid fight. Sabetha de-spawned on us. Not sure if it would be a repeatable bug. But as a general rule now I won’t kick someone except between pulls.

We’ve had that happen on other bosses. If someone leaves the squad/gets kicked from squad mid fight, then the boss resets. If they just DC, then they haven’t left so it doesn’t do anything.