How to make p3 CoF end boss fun

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DarkMessiah.1468

DarkMessiah.1468

Heya guys,

Just completed the last boss, and I have a suggestion on how to make that fight more involved for the players!

Halve the amount of times he does that stomp thing (as it’s his only thing that he does) and add shooting fireballs from the lava river, randomly onto the fighting area.

Why this will work:

- It makes players more involved with their positioning and movement, instead of hitting dodge every 15 seconds
- It will reduce the amount of time he is invulnerable, quicker fight to counter the new mechanic
- It will allow for you to potentially scale the amount of fireballs launching from the river, in the beginning for example only a few, further into the fight (as he has less health), increase the intensity without going overboard. As the fight progresses, players will feel more intense, and involved

Why this wont work:

- Don’t have the fireballs have like a 1 second warning, give them enough time to dodge or run out of the way

What’d you think?

Posted by: Stonecaduceus.5638

Stonecaduceus.5638

People actually run that path? I know I did it once for DM and haven’t set foot in it since. Sounds interesting though and I’m all for more interesting encounters

80 Guardian/Elementalist/Warrior
Wurm’s Bane
Jade Quarry

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

I found that fight to be hilarious. The way he baseball bats the players halfway across the arena like he just doesn’t care actually made me laugh when I was fighting him. In my opinion, the boss fight was a lot more memorable than the path, which was long and tedious.

Posted by: Maugrem.7608

Maugrem.7608

It’s not a bad path, people just don’t do it because of the coordination required. No thief or mesmer on bomb hall makes things interesting.

Maugrem Moorgraves Ex-Nimue Nightshade (DAoC- Roisin Dubh)
An Epic 80 in every flavor (Five Thousand Finishers)

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

He is a good noob boss as it is a very forgiving encounter but is not easily accessible to noobs because of the encounter where five waves of silver mobs spawn. If you know what I mean. Also if the noob party did not have a thief or mesmer they could all rage quit at the part where you must run up faster than the explosions. Why is this noob boss hidden way in the back of this path? Does not seem to fit.

Your idea sounds fun.

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

CoF 3 isn’t too bad but the bomb roll can be very frustrating.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

If they would replace that pointless invuln with irremovable Stability, this encounter would feel less annoying.

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

P3 is the best CoF path and just as fast as P2, but people are bad. No surprise. I enjoy the last boss but your idea sounds like it would be fun, too.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

If they would replace that pointless invuln with irremovable Stability, this encounter would feel less annoying.

Absolutely this.

Anet has a serious problem with creating boss mechanics that do nothing but slow down the fight. There’s absolutely 0 reason the boss needs to become immortal all the time. And there’s no way to stop him doing it.