How to not lose hammer (Cliffside Fractal)?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

I’m trying to find more posts/discussion about permanently losing the hammer in Cliffside Fractal but only 1 or 2 posts seem to come up.

Is there a way to prevent the bug about losing the hammer in Cliffside Fractal aside?

Yesterday I ran Fractals and got Cliffside as 3rd Fractal. After defeating Archdiviner, my friend restarted the game because of sound issues so the remaining 4 of us decided to climb up. While smashing seals, we just noticed that we couldn’t find the hammer anymore.

We all tried full wiping but the hammer won’t show up.
While everyone is dead, we are able to see the hammer on the pedestal but the moment any 1 person chooses to revive, it disappears.
I asked everyone to leave party (I opened), to see if I can get it solo, but same case, it also disappears when I revive.

Is there a way to avoid this scenario aside from not playing Fractals till it is fixed?

EDIT: Just realized I could check Game Bugs board.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

How do you go smashing seals without the hammer? If you’ve defeated the Archdiviner then the hammer would have been in his feet, but if you all went rushing up waiting for your friend to pick up the hammer for you, then it’s very likely that MC Hammer actually stole it while no one is watching.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Can’t touch this.
….
Well, I too can’t fully understand how you were “smashing seals” and then realised the hammer wasn’t there anymore. Hmmm. Anyway, that fractal is very buggy; hell knows what really happened.

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

It’s similar to how they are describing it in the game bugs forum.
I’m looking for ways to workaround this issue so that I can continue to run fractals with at least a way to avoid it from happening.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Cliffside-Fractal-Hammer-Bug-1

(edited by Miaire.5468)

Posted by: Tyger.7280

Tyger.7280

I have had this happen before too. Not really sure how it can be avoided.

To those saying “how are you smashing seals without the hammer?” If its anything like my experiences then I understand. The last time it happened to my group we got all the way to the seals where you need to run back and forth, the last section before the boss. We had the hammer with us the entire time, so we were able to smash the seals. At one point I was carrying the hammer and got downed and quickly res’ed but the hammer was no where to be found. We ran all the way back to the beginning and found nothing. We all wiped and respawned and still nothing.

Other times someone simply dropped the hammer for someone else to pick up due to stacks. It would just disappear and we would have no idea what happened to it. Same thing usually happened where it could not be found anywhere in the instance and respawing didn’t help that.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Current workarounds:
Don’t fall off the edge.
Don’t disconnect.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Current workarounds:
Don’t fall off the edge.
Don’t disconnect.

• Don’t play fractals

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

I’ve had the same experience, OP. We tried all the same things, and had the same deal with the hammer showing up for a split second before disappearing. We finally cashed in and restarted, as we couldn’t think of anything else to try.