How to solo CoF P2 Magg Lava Field?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

How do you cross the CoF P2 Magg Lava field section solo on a warrior running the meta build? (30/25/0/0/15 or 30/10/0/20/10)

I have a list of things that I plan to do in my head but my execution fails more often.
I haven’t identified which things are effective and often I just get a deer in front of the headlights moment and die to immobilize+flames.

1) Wait for the extinguisher or not
If I ask them to go port out earlier, I’d probably be able to get an extinguisher. But if I fail, there will be no one to back me up other than doing the long run of shame and asking people to come help.

If no extinguisher, I can just YOLO rush in, finish faster and feel awesome.

2) Not getting immobilized and survive burning if not running with the extinguisher

I don’t know if it was just because of the very old meta of having 30 traits in Discipline that warriors are able to just use Disc 10 Mobile Strikes to break out of immobilize using GS rushes and sword leaps but since that is long gone.

Skills:
Berserker Stance
Shake it Off
Endure Pain – Does it prevent Fire damage or no because it’s condition based? If not, is Bull Rush better

Traits I can probably swap:
Shrug it Off if running with Tactics 20

I can use but cooler if I don’t:
Harpy Feathers

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I run this using 30/25/0/0/15. I don’t use the extinguisher. (I prefer doing the run while Magg is examining the calcified rock.)

Usually only need SiO, but Berserker Stance would be fine. The most important thing is to learn the path. Run along the edges so you don’t touch the fire. Jumping also helps a bit as sometimes it makes the elementals fire over your head.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Richo.3081

Richo.3081

Its quite easy if you know what to do

I recommend this:

Defiant Stance, Bulls Rush, Signet of Stamnia (condi cleanse & more dodges), Berserkers Stance

First you pop Berserkers stance, then you GS 5 straight through the middle, then you swap to Sword/Warhorn & use Sword 2 and WH 4. When you get low you pop Defiant Stance & bulls rush to the end.

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

The most important thing is to learn the path. Run along the edges so you don’t touch the fire.

I had the same question as Miaire, and tried searching for a video but couldn’t find much. Is the path basically the same as the one this thief takes?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I had the same question as Miaire, and tried searching for a video but couldn’t find much. Is the path basically the same as the one this thief takes?

Pretty much. Just run on the very edges of the rocks to avoid the fire. I haven’t tried it using the GS5 SwordHorn 2&4 with Defiant Stance, but that sounds pretty solid, too.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

I always run:
Sw/Sh, lead with Shield Stance and follow it up with Berserker Stance. You have 11 (?) seconds of immunity from Immobilize; the only thing preventing you from passing, then, is not knowing the route which simply comes down to practice and repetition. I’d be surprised if it ever took me more than 7 seconds to run, though, so those two stances alone are easily 100% coverage.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You dont even need to swap utilities. Just use gs, sword warhorn. But obviously if you do get caught by an imob then you need to be prepared to cleanse and maybe pop endure pain.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

I used to do the lava run no problem on my mesmer even with no utilities as a newbie. Never thought it was hard, is it?

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

I’m not in CoF2 a huge amount and only recently found out soloing this run on warrior is a thing. The few times I tried, though, I thought I had to run straight across the fires and I had rubber banding + immobilize + die in a fire issues—same as Miaire, I imagine. So I’m glad they asked. I’m going to give the suggestions in this thread a try.

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

You dont even need to swap utilities. Just use gs, sword warhorn. But obviously if you do get caught by an imob then you need to be prepared to cleanse and maybe pop endure pain.

lol but

I’d rather switch one utility than two

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It isn’t challenging to do unless you rush in unprepared. If you do get immobilised and can’t remove it, you’ll easily go down. Warhorn #4 and shake it off are your friends. Also make use of dodgerolls and jump over the lava gaps and you shouldn’t have an issue.

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

lol but

I’d rather switch one utility than two

By cleanse he meant “be prepared to Warhorn 4”. Warhorn 4 cures immob (and cripple and chill). Surprised that actually hasn’t been mentioned.
Don’t know why you’d bother w/ EP though.

On the note, does EP/DS eat up damage from the lava or the fire you can extinguish?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah im not sure what exactly does it. But ive had a few times where ive almost died at the end of the run. It may have been ooze auto attacks or it may have been the fire. Endure pain worked. Defiant stance also works. But the last time i did it was before the introduction of the healing skills i think.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I use this with the meta build and just throw on my Shield, grab Endure Pain, and swap in Defiant Stance and Shake It Off for Immob. That gets me across no trouble.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!