How will 26.1.2016 Update affect Raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Not all, but a LOT of these changes seem geared towards PvP balance.

I think thieves are going to be useful in raids as there damage looks to be increased.

I think the chrono tank will be less useful.

DH is unchanged, useful only as a tank on VG.

Burn warrior will likely no longer be an absolute must, I imagine you will see more group diversity here. Since it will no longer be a huge advantage to bring 5 of them.

Though I think we need to keep in mind that these are not all the changes and there could be other changes that have a bigger impact that we have yet to see.

I am sure there are others that have a better idea of how things will be affected. These are just some off the top of my head.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

rev will deal more dps than before.
tempest will be slightly stronger or about the same dps.
condi warrior will do about the same dps.
guard will still be useless.
thief will do more damage but wont be optimal because no group support and still less dps than other classes.
PS warrior will lose a bit of dps.
chrono wont lose its spot.
druid is druid, necro is necro and pvp lol esports balance is pvp lol esports balance.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s just PvE so everything goes. Cleric warrior got some PvE buff.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

thief will do more damage but wont be optimal because no group support and still less dps than other classes.
druid is druid, necro is necro and pvp lol esports balance is pvp lol esports balance.

How is the PS war losing DPS? Livestream notes here don’t seem to show anything. I understand it’s just a preview, but no one’s said anything regarding warriors getting nerfed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/414soi/skill_balance_preview_livestream_notes/

EDIT: I used a word which in colloquial contexts isn’t considered offensive at all. It’s a 4-letter word that’s also the name of a software! Edited and replaced it since I don’t like censoring.

(edited by Jack.1469)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Overall nothing will change.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

How is the PS war losing DPS? Livestream notes here don’t seem to show anything. I understand it’s just a preview, but no one’s said anything regarding warriors getting kitten.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/414soi/skill_balance_preview_livestream_notes/

Alacrity nerf maybe leading to less hundred baes = less dps?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

ArenaNet, please please PLEASE, you have a chance to make guardian useful in raids now. Please make it happen. I spent dozens of gold just to change my gear into tanking guard for VG. It is pretty stupid that I’m supposed to relog to a different character after VG gets killed.

Once you said you can make PVP and PVE versions of skills. Now, if you really want to focus on e-sports but also create raid content, you should finally use this tech and make changes to PVE version of skills. And not just for guardian.

I’m still hoping, I’m still waiting. If not now, then in next 3 months, but please do something.

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

How is the PS war losing DPS? Livestream notes here don’t seem to show anything. I understand it’s just a preview, but no one’s said anything regarding warriors getting kitten.

Alacrity nerf maybe leading to less hundred baes = less dps?

100 baes lol. I just need a dev to tell me “Shh bby is okay” and that they’re not nerfing warrior!

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Edit: Had wrong aftercast.

Cast time has a huge impact on the actual recharge time of Hundred Blades.

Cast: 3.5 seconds. Aftercast: 0.1 seconds. Cooldown: 6.4 seconds.

So 3.6 cast and 6.4 cooldown. Total: 10 seconds.

Alacrity removes 40% of the cooldown. Total becomes 7.44 seconds which is only 26% less.

Quickness removes 33% of cast time. Total becomes 8.8 seconds which is 12% less.

With both effects total becomes 6.24 seconds which is 37.6% less.

Nerfed alacrity removes 25% of the cooldown. Total becomes 8.4 seconds which is 16% less.

With both effects total becomes 7.2 seconds which is 28% less.

Alacrity effectiveness changes from 60% to 75%. So cooldowns become 0.75 / 0.6 = 25% higher than before.

With only alacrity, recharge of Hundred Blades becomes 8.4 / 7.44 = 13% higher.

With both effects, recharge of Hundred Blades becomes 7.2 / 6.24 = 15% higher.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Cast time has a huge impact on the actual recharge time of Hundred Blades.

Cast: 3.5 seconds. Aftercast: 1.25 seconds. Cooldown: 6.4 seconds.

So 4.75 cast and 6.4 cooldown. Total: 11.15 seconds.

Alacrity removes 40% of the cooldown. Total becomes 8.6 seconds which is only 23% less.

Quickness removes 33% of cast time. Total becomes 9.6 seconds which is 14% less.

With both effects total becomes 7.0 seconds which is 37% less.

Nerfed alacrity removes 25% of the cooldown. Total becomes 9.6 seconds which means same effect as quickness.

With both effects total becomes 8.0 seconds which is 28% less.

Alacrity effectiveness changes from 60% to 75%. So cooldowns become 0.75 / 0.6 = 25% higher than before.

With only alacrity, recharge of Hundred Blades becomes 9.6 / 8.6 = 12% higher.

With both effects, recharge of Hundred Blades becomes 8.0 / 7.0 = 14% higher.

Wouldn’t this be an overall nerf to party DPS though? Pointing it out as a specific nerf only to P/S warrior seems silly.

edit: a word

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Had wrong aftercast time (wrong timing method). Updated values with the right one but no significant changes.

Yes, it’s an overall nerf. But builds with lots of cooldowns benefit the most from alacrity so they get hit harder than others.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Like others pointed out, the PS Warrior won’t lose dps. None of the change to the warrior affect that build. If alacrity nerf will decrease it’s damage more than other profession if was he was talking about, then why didn’t he mention Tempest, which is probably one of the profession that will be the most affected by the Alacrity nerf?

And How Condi Warrior will do about the same DPS? The fire spreading capability of wasn’t usefull in VG or Gorseval, but it’s about a 33% DPS boost. We probably gonna be able to limit that nerf by changing a bit our gear and still keep 100% Burn duration, but it will still mean a nerf of at least 20-25% of it’s dps.

Now will the new King of Fires capability be able to replace that 20-25% dps lost? Depend what is the duration of that 3 stack of burning. Will there be a internal cooldown on the two new effect of King of Fires? And one thing that I’m not sure. Can we be crit by raid bosses?

Overall, not much will change, two of the most important dps right now Tempest and Condi Warrior will be brought down to a similar level to most other profession (Alacrity boost just too much the dps of a Tempest). That will leave more room for diversity, but it probably won’t change much of the current composition that group are running.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD