How you beat fire golem? SE Story

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NothaPlayer.2793

NothaPlayer.2793

Needs helps. Very cheesy ability’s. How did you guys beat the golem.

Posted by: DownyTif.2140

DownyTif.2140

I’m a Guardian with high Healing Power, so I concentrated the whole fight on “res” people, apply buffs and remove conditions.

I’m not even sure I hit the golem more than 5 times in the whole fight. I just took the role of the walking hospital and it paid off.

So I suggest the same strategy. Have one guy keeping the other 4 alive, especially ranged characters. And tell everybody to equip condition removal skills.

Fenris Snowborn – 80 Guardian
MadCast Gaming [MCG] [SoR]

Posted by: Gordunk.7289

Gordunk.7289

Projectile reflects work wonders. If you have anyone packing a form of projectile reflect, make sure they equip it. Feedback(mesmer skill) works WONDERS when timed correctly(and he very clearly shows when he’s going to launch fire AoE’s). I also tend to spend all my endurance dodging those when projectile reflect is on cd(two dodges one right after the other seems to be able to stop me from taking damage). Other than that, stay at range so that he doesn’t use the flamethrower AoE. It’s a very easy fight once you understand it, just very punishing if you mess up.

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

I ran this without a really good Guardian like DownyTif – or any guardian at all. This is what worked for us when I tried it – spread out. You need to be far enough apart that the AoE can only hit one player, that way the team individually are able to outheal it’s damage (especially if you can dodge the worst of it). Also, it’s obvious which poor soul currently has aggro, if(/when) they go down someone else does a DPS burst to try and get agrro, then the downed player can get themselves back up or be rezzed by another. If you’re rezzing and get aggro, don’t be a hero – back off (in the style of a Knight of Camelot facing an irate bunny.)

Also, it seems condition damage works in reverse, helping heal it. Stick to direct damage as much as possible.

Posted by: DownyTif.2140

DownyTif.2140

True, I forgot about that. Just what Faze said. The Ranger noticed that conditions against him was healing him, so we sticked to a fight with no conditions. that helped.

Fenris Snowborn – 80 Guardian
MadCast Gaming [MCG] [SoR]

Posted by: Disconnected.9253

Disconnected.9253

find a mes, have him feedback on cd.
run condi removals in group, know what they look like so you take advantage.

also, check other forum threads
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/SE-Fire-Golem/first#post456396

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

I remember quickly sidestepping will render one of its attack almost useless. Just need to stay at maximum distance, and party members are split up to avoid aoe damage.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Beyreva.8769

Beyreva.8769

Search for a post on the same subject and you might find your answer..

Sometimes it’s necessary listening to the silence, it could tell more..

Posted by: osuracnaes.4930

osuracnaes.4930

• As mentioned, hope someone in your group has effective projectile reflection and have them use it as much as possible. I did this as a thief with no projectile reflection skills and if it wasn’t for a mesmer in our group I would have been toast.
  • Stay as far away as possible. This makes dodging (NOT ROLLING) the fire easier.
  • You can dodge the group-targeted fire without rolling! It requires really tight timing and understanding that the golem leads you with his attacks… i.e. if you keep running in one direction while he’s shooting the fireballs, they’ll land where you’re going to be! Once I got the timing down, I was able to completely dodge the two fireballs by starting to run in one direction when he began his attack animation, then switching directions after the first fireball, then switching directions again after the second.
  • As mentioned, try to keep conditions minimal. A few damaging conditions (burning, poison, etc.) are OK to use, but don’t go overboard.
  • Make sure you have some skills that remove burning just in case you do get hit!

Posted by: NothaPlayer.2793

NothaPlayer.2793

Thanks, Beat it pretty lame. Not as annoying as SE P2.