I apologise to DC'ers, but just a though?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

I admit that I was a bit harsh in my other post about people that constantly DC during fractals, dungeons or just in general, I know this can’t be a nice experience for you all. I apologise as this was due to frustration.

1, I know this might sound obvious but have you checked that all your drivers are up-to-date, this is one of the main reasons anyone crashes during gaming.
2, Close any background unneeded software
3, Try temporarily disabling firewall/anti-virus to see if this might be the cause.
4, Does anyone know what ports GW2 uses for possible port forwarding.
5, Routers/Modems have firmware updates too (wouldn’t recommend this to none technical players thou, messing with firmware can kill your hardware if not done correctly)
6, Not sure what experience other have had with such software as Game Booster etc.

Has anyone every started a post asking people that constantly DC what hardware/software/windows they are using to help find out if anything common is obvious?

Any other suggestions that might help people?

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

we have and did make a rather large post in the game bugs forums, lots of us posted our specs, but there was really no common factor between us.

Stranger still, some players like myself were perfectly fine in fractals. I made it to fractal level 9 on the second day they came out. I was 10 on the third, and chose to hang around and just farm dailies for a bit. But around the 5th day I just started dc’ing constantly, and I mean constantly. I couldnt stay in a fractal for over 3 minutes without it exploding on me. It’s better now, but it’s still not perfect.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

The only consistant thing i’ve noticed with DC’ers is that the JP one, cant remember the name seems to be one of the worse for it.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

uncharted, and yes, ive often noticed that old toms room in particular has dc’ed me quite a bit.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Twice with my guildies, two separate occasions and two different people- on the harpy fractal, a person will get knocked off.. and actually get kicked out of the instance. Not even DC’d but actually just thrown back into LA instead of respawning back at the ledge. I couldn’t believe it until it happened to me also, it was really quite bizarre.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

1 – Yes, all drivers whql updated to last version
2 – No processes in BG running
3- Firewall always disabled and patched to disable passive adaptive firewall
4 – Normally 6112 (cligate, auth and mapserver), 80 (assetcdn and blt), tried clientport 80 to use only port 80.
5 – My cablemodem and my router are all checked. My router used last version of firmware and now use last version of ddwrt.
6 – Don´t use “addon” software

And yes, frequent DC.

You need to remember not everybody playing this game live in USA or Europe where you can sue your Internet provider if they kitten with your game. Some countries if you try to sue a Internet Provider for losing real money you will have long years of pain, imagine suing because they don´t provide a realiable service for gaming (even when they promote it in their merchandising).

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

The only consistant thing i’ve noticed with DC’ers is that the JP one, cant remember the name seems to be one of the worse for it.

The harpy/asura fractal gives some people errors. Turning on the area of effect rings (the red circles) in options stops the dc issue with jumping. It did for me at least.