I feel cheated

I feel cheated

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

The update post said you were going to give ascended drops from the daily chests. I saved mine up. I was planning to use the pristine relics to buy a bunch of keys. Now I have to pay 50% more for the keys and get no extra chances at ascended drops according to the patch notes.

Very unhappy.

I feel cheated

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

“Chests that spawn from completing Fractal Dungeons have had their chances to drop containers of ascended gear increased, with major improvements at higher tiers of difficulty.”

The only chests that spawn from completing Fractal Dungeons currently are the dailys.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

I feel cheated

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Um.. at the end of each fractal there is an interactable chest that spawns when you kill the boss. The patch notes make it sound like THAT is the chest that has an increased chance at ascended gear. Meaning the daily chests were NOT updated.

I feel cheated

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

well IF thats true, time to farm FoTm 99, but i believe they increased the daily ones

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

I feel cheated

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

They daily ones have indeed increased rewards; got 5 chests (3 armor, 2 weapon) from 22 daily chests each; someone else in my guild got 10 chests total from 44 daily chests each.

The reward increase is pretty good overall.

I feel cheated

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

In this iteration, there will be several changes to how fractals give out liquid rewards (gold and items designed to convert directly into gold). The negative aspect of this change is a required decrease to the amount of keys you receive from converting a stabilizing matrix from two to one. However the upside is threefold:

- https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Upcoming-Fractal-Changes/first (posted over a month ago)

So you being illinformed is arenanets fault? The change to keys was THE ONLY THING we knew for sure was going to happen.

I feel cheated

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You feel cheated because you tried to game the system and failed.

Okay.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

I feel cheated

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

They daily ones have indeed increased rewards; got 5 chests (3 armor, 2 weapon) from 22 daily chests each; someone else in my guild got 10 chests total from 44 daily chests each.

The reward increase is pretty good overall.

most reports i have seen dont have returns like that, generally i hear of 2-3%
we probably need more data.

The patch notes does make it seem like the boss chests though, however its not clear. Any Dev can clarify?

I feel cheated

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

got 0 ascended chest from 36 daily chests (between adept, journeyman, master(10))

I feel cheated

Posted by: kirima san.3760

kirima san.3760

got 0 ascended chest from 36 daily chests (between adept, journeyman, master(10))

Got a master today, opened it and got Ascended Boots. Fractal 77

I feel cheated

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So you are saying its dependent on what fractal you finish the daily on?

I feel cheated

Posted by: kirima san.3760

kirima san.3760

So you are saying its dependent on what fractal you finish the daily on?

Well probably that doesn’t matter, what I mean is perhaps the chest we get today have better rates than the old ones? I opened a lot of the old ones I saved and got nothing, I opened a new one and got boots.

And it was a Champion chest and in the notes the specifically mentioned higher fractal levels will get increased ascended drop rate.

I feel cheated

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You can get ascended gear form PvE? Is this some kind of big joke?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

I feel cheated

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

No joke… it is real and its not new. Is just even more real than it was before.

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

I feel cheated

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It’s like no one reads Junkpile’s signature.

I feel cheated

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

One ascended ring/2 month should be good enough reward from fractals.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

I feel cheated

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

20 champion chests = 6ascended armors +1ascended weapon. Not bad, really not bad.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

I feel cheated

Posted by: beefjus.9347

beefjus.9347

I keep on getting rings…I think the Devs have Beyonce on loop or something.

Current Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beefjus/saved/WBx323
Planning on upgrading to a GTX980ti by late 2016

I feel cheated

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Okay.

If, by “gamed the system” you meant that increased rewards in fractals were supposed to appear when HoT launched and didn’t, and so someone saved chests until the bug or oversight was fixed, then yes.

I feel cheated

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

Okay.

If, by “gamed the system” you meant that increased rewards in fractals were supposed to appear when HoT launched and didn’t, and so someone saved chests until the bug or oversight was fixed, then yes.

Anet and Playerbase Historical Learning Skit.

Anet: I am announcing today that this change will take place wherein [unopened/consumable item] will change for the better and benefit all my subjects throughout the land, rejoice!

Playerbase: I will farm and hoard and slave and save all of my [unopened/consumable item] until the blessed date arrives!

….

(The blessed date arrives.)

Playerbase: OHMAGERD! All my [unopened/consumable items] [disappeared/were replaced with something useless/cost something to open!]

The end.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, its a natural assumption that we should save our things until they’re worth more. As some version of this happens every time something like this changes, this is a public service announcement.

I feel cheated

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Okay.

Anet and Playerbase Historical Learning Skit.

Anet: I am announcing today that this change will take place wherein [unopened/consumable item] will change for the better and benefit all my subjects throughout the land, rejoice!

Playerbase: I will farm and hoard and slave and save all of my [unopened/consumable item] until the blessed date arrives!

….

(The blessed date arrives.)

Playerbase: OHMAGERD! All my [unopened/consumable items] [disappeared/were replaced with something useless/cost something to open!]

The end.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, its a natural assumption that we should save our things until they’re worth more. As some version of this happens every time something like this changes, this is a public service announcement.

Except that in this case they:

- clearly informed people about the change to fractal keys way ahead of time (see my post further up)
- they increased the rewards for daily chests farmed from before the change and increased gold loot from fractal encryption chests as promised.

If you were part of the crowd that:

- did not pay attention to the information provided (key change)
- expected s an even greater buff

that is not arenanets fault.

Here TC expected his amount of keys gained to remain the same while at the same time having access to the better rewards from daily chests. Tough luck, one of both was more gold, the other was more ascended drops. It WAS communicated properly.