I figured out how UW could return!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

Okay guys, we know that the biggest obstacle for Anet in making the Underworld or Fissure of Woe is money. How can they make money from putting in that hard work? Why not bring back the old system of needing a scroll to the UW? However, we change it up. Hear me out. Instead of buying the scroll from a merchant, we would have to buy them from the Gem Store! They could be 400gems a piece. That way, they can get money for making challenging content! Also, to make sure people do it, the UW will have a chest at the end which has an extremely low chance of dropping a precursor! However, that chance will be higher than anywhere else in the game. That way, everyone will run it. I think this is a great idea! Do you guys have any other ideas on how to make an incentive for Anet?

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Do you guys have any other ideas on how to make an incentive for Anet?

The gems you use for trading them in must be bought with real money and not via gold to gems.

gg.

Goose.5196

Do you guys have any other ideas on how to make an incentive for Anet?

The gems you use for trading them in must be bought with real money and not via gold to gems.

gg.

I like that idea! Maybe to make sure people run it a bunch, the chest I mentioned earlier requires a key, and that key is randomly obtained from Black Lion chests.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

You probably have good intentions, but this idea gives me a headache.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

UW can’t return until ArenaNet starts giving a flying kitten about dungeons. Until that day, any other points are moot, unfortunately.

Attachments:

Goose.5196

UW can’t return until ArenaNet starts giving a flying kitten about dungeons. Until that day, any other points are moot, unfortunately.

Well, yeah. We are trying to figure out what Anet could do with it to “give a flying kitten.”

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

-remove DR from dungeons
-allow an early reset for completing all paths associated with the dungeon, thus allowing people to continuously run dungeons at their own leisure to get what they want rather than locking people out of the rewards for playing the content too much (or 3 dailies for FOTM)
-release a dungeon reward tracks akin to spvp reward tracks (imagine slowly getting to a fractal weapon skin box through this when doing the fractal dungeon rewards track)
-release a dungeon rewards booster at a competitive price, boosting magic find, tokens awarded at the end of the dungeon, and additional glory gained through the dungeon reward track after each dungeon completion

I’d buy it.

Goose.5196

-remove DR from dungeons
-allow an early reset for completing all paths associated with the dungeon, thus allowing people to continuously run dungeons at their own leisure to get what they want rather than locking people out of the rewards for playing the content too much (or 3 dailies for FOTM)
-release a dungeon reward tracks akin to spvp reward tracks (imagine slowly getting to a fractal weapon skin box through this when doing the fractal dungeon rewards track)
-release a dungeon rewards booster at a competitive price, boosting magic find, tokens awarded at the end of the dungeon, and additional glory gained through the dungeon reward track after each dungeon completion

I’d buy it.

No, no, no. You missed the point of the thread. We are trying to figure out ways in which Anet would be incentivized to make a new dungeon, such as Underworld or Fissure of Woe. We know that it has to be tied to the Gem Store somehow. What ways could they connect it to buying Gems and what not to allow them to care about dungeons again.

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

Endless Dungeon Token – 10000 Gems :S
…infinite money for everyone, all these mystic toilet trys, imagine x)

srs: don’t like the idea to pay so i can go into a dungeon. maybe more like: u can do it only once in x days, if u want to go more often, then u have to pay.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

-remove DR from dungeons

I’d buy it.

No, no, no. You missed the point of the thread. We are trying to figure out ways in which Anet would be incentivized to make a new dungeon, such as Underworld or Fissure of Woe. We know that it has to be tied to the Gem Store somehow. What ways could they connect it to buying Gems and what not to allow them to care about dungeons again.

You could commandeer my suggestion to work with UW and FoW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They already said they have no interest in doing any more dungeon-type content. If you want UW, you’re just gonna have to go back to GW1.

Goose.5196

They already said they have no interest in doing any more dungeon-type content. If you want UW, you’re just gonna have to go back to GW1.

Could you read before you post? This is a discussion about how we could get them interested again.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Could you read before you post? This is a discussion about how we could get them interested again.

Look at how much content they are capable of churning out each year: 4 episodes of “biweekly” LS every 6 months with maybe one half-sized map to go with that. Do you really think they’d spend what would have to be 100% of their development efforts on creating content that they’ve explicitly stated they have zero interest in working on?

Your suggestion is completely and utterly unrealistic.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I dont think its an entirely serious post. Just sayin.

Goose.5196

Look at how much content they are capable of churning out each year: 4 episodes of “biweekly” LS every 6 months with maybe one half-sized map to go with that. Do you really think they’d spend what would have to be 100% of their development efforts on creating content that they’ve explicitly stated they have zero interest in working on?

Your suggestion is completely and utterly unrealistic.

Okay, I see you have some issues with reading comprehension. I already know they have stated they have zero interest. The point of this thread is to brainstorm ways in which they may become interested again in dungeons. That is fine if you think my idea won’t work, but try coming up with your own theory on how to get them interested again.

We already know it must be tied to the Gem Store somehow. That was my first premise.

I dont think its an entirely serious post. Just sayin.

;)