I got kicked because "no 80s" :(

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Yesterday, I opened the lfg. I wanted to do a dungeon, but nothing specific. I check all dungeons, no run interested me, then suddenly an AC run popped up: “story”, nothing more. Hey, let’s help some newbies, that’d be great.

I join. There are two people, both level 39. I say hello and get an “hello” back. So I start talking: do they wanna help in going through the dungeon from an experienced view? Or should I stay in the back only assisting them? No answer. I ask a few more questions, no answer.

Then suddenly, for no reason, I got kicked (2 minutes after joining and the party was still not full and the dungeon still had not started). What the hell!? Did they press the wrong buttons? Then the guy who replied “hello” to me whispered me: “Hey, we don’t take level 80s in this run, we want noobs like us. I hope you understand my friend, bye”. I replied that I have a lowbie char that could use some levels. Again no answer. I said that if they want newbies, they should say so in the lfg. You guessed it, no answer. So I left (and blocked them both because you don’t mess with people wanting to help).

But this whole experience was strange (the whole setup, the “my friend” yet having kicked me). Has anyone encountered this already?

It’s hard to be an 80 these days.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Filthy noob elitist exploiterz.

Hehehe

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

Don’t help noobs then? No major loss really, they probably struggled through it after hours and you saved yourself a frustrating experience of people who don’t know how to talk or play.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Don’t help noobs then? No major loss really, they probably struggled through it after hours and you saved yourself a frustrating experience of people who don’t know how to talk or play.

I adore teaching noobs!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Fror.2163

I adore teaching noobs!

I do too!

Lilith Ajit.6173

I adore teaching noobs!

I do too!

LET’S MAKE A GUILD – oh wait….

Hehehe

[ARES]

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Maybe they just felt you were being condescending? Not saying you were, but some people are like that. They might of felt that you immediately saw them as nothing more than noobs and were going to talk down to them the whole run. Knowing your guild, I realize this most likely is not the case, but perception is 98% reality.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Some people are stupid. lol I don’t really know of any other explanation.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Some people enjoy learning things on their own shrug

You can’t fault them for that.
You can fault them if they later wind up in your group and haven’t learned anything and won’t listen though.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Ah the glory of BWE AC story without anyone to tell you jack.
4 hours later Naked and broke

F that kitten and her tiny kitten husband!

4 hours later.

HAHA How you like that MotherTruckers! Cant bring back those feels.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

You can fault them if they later wind up in your group and haven’t learned anything and won’t listen though.

Even if the “learning on their own” applies – something I can absolutely relate to btw. especially as a first timer in a dungeon – Fror offered to keep his advice to himself if they didn’t want it and they still kicked him. That part simply makes no sense to me.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Even if the “learning on their own” applies – something I can absolutely relate to btw. especially as a first timer in a dungeon – Fror offered to keep his advice to himself if they didn’t want it and they still kicked him. That part simply makes no sense to me.

He will technically still taint the “pure” run. He will know what to do and when. Even when hanging back assisting.

I have done it before just hung back assisting and I know I greatly change the original challenge. I have wor/condi removal/ stability ready and waiting for the first area.

Heck the next time they do it them may not even realise that enemies can knock you down/poison you because I had it all prepared. And if they are “that new” they wont even realise you are assisting that much unless one mentions.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I can understand where they are coming from. As someone relatively new myself, having people tell you how things goes is nice and all, but you really miss out on a lot of learning. And then if you ignore them or if they don’t speak up, chances are the experienced player will get annoyed and then you have that to deal with.

It’s not that I don’t/didn’t appreciate the help when I was new. I really did. but to this day there are things I just haven’t done because it’s not the right way to do things… and /shrug I kinda want to know how it goes doing everything wrong… but I’m a masochist when it comes to content sometimes so /shrug. And one of the most fun things is dissecting a fight and figuring out it’s mechanics and how to deal with them. When you come into a game late, where people typically speed run stuff… you kinda miss out on that whole experience, you just learn how to do it right and don’t even know why necessarily. And while I’ve learned most of the mechanics at this point, it’s much harder to learn mechanics when you’re being successful than when you’re failing =).

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Maybe they just wanted to just feel the entire content, story for the first time and feared that you’ll ruin that “pure” experience somehow? Maybe they had some 80s in their groups before and experienced skipping, stacking and trivializing content? That my be the case, or what Quack said above

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

Perhaps they thought you were being condescending.

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Fror.2163

They didn’t put me in cause: they put my level 80.

Also, if they’d have thought I was condescending, they’d never have used “my friend”.

Anyways, no one answered the main question why I opened this topic: did any of you experience such things?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yeah, they probably had bad experiences with level 80 PUGs. Lots of players seem to completely zone out when they join groups. They don’t communicate and expect everyone in the party to rush through the dungeon at their pace. Then they get hostile in the chat or ragequit if anything doesn’t go exactly as they like.

I’ve seen one instance of a lvl 80 being kicked from a lowbie party, but it was mainly due to his behaviour. Three friends were goofing around in AC story, while me and the lvl 80 guard were pugged. I just went along with it, they were pretty chill guys after all, but the guard started to lose it after two wipes; ordering everyone around and not really getting into the spirit of the run. He got silently booted after about ten minutes.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I have a friend who likes to go in completely blind the first time she does any new content. (No guides, no experienced companions etc.) So yeah, I can understand where the mentality comes from.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Sounds like a backlash. It seems they are so intimidated by the ‘aggressive zerk only 80ies’-parties that they don’t trust any 80s anymore.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Let them enjoy the game as they like, it’s not like they were rude or anything.

It’s better this way, they know the type of people they want to play with.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I can understand where they are coming from. As someone relatively new myself, having people tell you how things goes is nice and all, but you really miss out on a lot of learning. And then if you ignore them or if they don’t speak up, chances are the experienced player will get annoyed and then you have that to deal with.

It’s not that I don’t/didn’t appreciate the help when I was new. I really did. but to this day there are things I just haven’t done because it’s not the right way to do things… and /shrug I kinda want to know how it goes doing everything wrong… but I’m a masochist when it comes to content sometimes so /shrug. And one of the most fun things is dissecting a fight and figuring out it’s mechanics and how to deal with them. When you come into a game late, where people typically speed run stuff… you kinda miss out on that whole experience, you just learn how to do it right and don’t even know why necessarily. And while I’ve learned most of the mechanics at this point, it’s much harder to learn mechanics when you’re being successful than when you’re failing =).

Agreed.

While it does seem odd, having a completely untainted experiences of your first dungeon is a unique opportunity. Having some Veteran level 80 who tells you about stacking, skipping and how to exploit most effectively kind of ruins the experience.

Sure the situation could have been handled better but nonetheless I consider it a viable stance.

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

He will technically still taint the “pure” run. He will know what to do and when. Even when hanging back assisting.

I have done it before just hung back assisting and I know I greatly change the original challenge. I have wor/condi removal/ stability ready and waiting for the first area.

Heck the next time they do it them may not even realise that enemies can knock you down/poison you because I had it all prepared. And if they are “that new” they wont even realise you are assisting that much unless one mentions.

Hm, ok, depending on your class your presence might have a bigger impact than simply not telling them anything, I have to agree.

They didn’t put me in cause: they put my level 80.

Also, if they’d have thought I was condescending, they’d never have used “my friend”.

Anyways, no one answered the main question why I opened this topic: did any of you experience such things?

I have had a few scenarios where I asked wether to explain encounters to new players or if they wanted to learn them themselves. And a few times I got a “we’d like to figure it out ourselves” which as I said is totally fine by me.
But I’ve never been kicked for being too high level or knowing the dungeon after agreeing to keep my counsel to myself.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Poisonwell.1209

Poisonwell.1209

Yesterday, I opened the lfg. I wanted to do a dungeon, but nothing specific. I check all dungeons, no run interested me, then suddenly an AC run popped up: “story”, nothing more. Hey, let’s help some newbies, that’d be great.

I join. There are two people, both level 39. I say hello and get an “hello” back. So I start talking: do they wanna help in going through the dungeon from an experienced view? Or should I stay in the back only assisting them? No answer. I ask a few more questions, no answer.

Then suddenly, for no reason, I got kicked (2 minutes after joining and the party was still not full and the dungeon still had not started). What the hell!? Did they press the wrong buttons? Then the guy who replied “hello” to me whispered me: “Hey, we don’t take level 80s in this run, we want noobs like us. I hope you understand my friend, bye”. I replied that I have a lowbie char that could use some levels. Again no answer. I said that if they want newbies, they should say so in the lfg. You guessed it, no answer. So I left (and blocked them both because you don’t mess with people wanting to help).

But this whole experience was strange (the whole setup, the “my friend” yet having kicked me). Has anyone encountered this already?

Hello i guess why you got kicked and this one of reason they do it. (80 ppl are runners)

Please read my post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-request-Runners-out/first#post3951534

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hello i guess why you got kicked and this one of reason they do it. (80 ppl are runners)

Please read my post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-request-Runners-out/first#post3951534

LOL yeah Fror. Stop running. Start RP walking through AC.

[ARES]

Fror.2163

@Lilith: I will solo RP walk the dungeons from now on! Yess \o/ Because players may not play how they want: they have to play how Poisonwell wants.

@Poisonwell: why should I read your post when you clearly haven’t read the FAQ?

Posted by: Poisonwell.1209

Poisonwell.1209

@Lilith: I will solo RP walk the dungeons from now on! Yess \o/ Because players may not play how they want: they have to play how Poisonwell wants.

@Poisonwell: why should I read your post when you clearly haven’t read the FAQ?

Thanks and to be honest never read it, ill now.

and i dont have to send you read something that could help community, Im sorry for not think like you

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Thanks and to be honest never read it, ill now.

and i dont have to send you read something that could help community, Im sorry for not think like you

Y u no Engris right???

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Poking fun at non-english speakers making an effort to speak english.

Classy.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

when i was lvl 39 i never dreamed of going anywhere except leveling up with events !
i watch videos and had a lot of guild training before i go dungeons !
after hitting lvl 80 it was doing cof until i gear up THEN i went ac,se,coe,hotw fractals even some arah

when i see lvl 39 trying to leach in my ac party i kick for 1 reason “not enough invested time in the game” i want a person that have the experience with his character, to know the skills and how to team play
lvl 80 and gear check is a way to find out that

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Filthy noob elitist exploiterz.

Hehehe

This made me giggle

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: TiF.6589

TiF.6589

I guess they want to slowly discover the dungeon and its mechanic on their own. Sometimes I wish there’s a new dungeon where non of us know how to run and we slowly learn our way in it. Just like my first AC path 1

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I learned most content in the game on my own, I must suck at it.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.