I hate glitchers!

I hate glitchers!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

I play this game to have fun. I love dungeons and I enjoy boss fights.
But then I meet groups that only glitch bosses, standing in a corner pew pewing the boss without fear of being hit at all.
Then when I ask them how they can have fun glitching, they say they don’t do this for fun, they do this for farming. I’m not expecting any other answers from them. I’ve rolled around the internet long enough to know I’m not gonna find anything else then cheaters, glitchers, trolls and farmers.
But seriously… I wish ArenaNet could fix all the glitches in dungeons, especially for all the bosses. Nearly all of them can be glitched… it’s lame enough that nobody plays for fun, but theses people are ruining MY fun telling me to stand in that freaking corner when I don’t want to.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

An easy solution to your problem is starting your own group, and advertising that it’ll be a non-glitch run.

Use http://gw2lfg.net/ if you don’t already.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Yeah I know about that, but getting a real group together that doesn’t glitch will most likely always end up in people raging cause of a wipe or constant dying or other random stuff that you see when not glitching. The only solution is to play with friends you know won’t want to glitch. :/

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

“I don’t like that other people want to play differently than I do. Pls fix it so they have to play the way I like to play.” That is how I read your post.

Seriously. It is on you to find people who want to run like you do. It is not on the developers to “fix it” so everyone has to play like you want to. This is the reason I mostly run with friends/guildies. If I PUG it is one or two to fill spots in the party… Then again, the many hundreds of runs I have done with pugs I have never come across someone who complained about the way we do things.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

So let me get this straight, instead of stacking against a pillar in AC Exp and killing the spider quickly. You would prefer to run around, get downed and hope that one of your team mates will come along to pick you up? Yes, your standing in the corner going pew pew. However, when a player gets downed the entire team is there to rez. It’s considered a strategy, not a glitch. Without working closely with your team your dead weight and cost the team on wipes when players try to pick you up. My suggestion to you OP is to start looking at what works well and saves time not what is a glitch and what is not. This way you will have more time to do more in the game and…yes, have fun doing it. Leave the Devs to decide what is a glitch.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Yeah I know about that, but getting a real group together that doesn’t glitch will most likely always end up in people raging cause of a wipe or constant dying or other random stuff that you see when not glitching. The only solution is to play with friends you know won’t want to glitch. :/

So you don’t want to run with “glitchers” but you also don’t want to make your own group…guess you are S.O.L..

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Make your own group or fund a different game. Or better yet find something challenging to do in real life. There are those who skydive out of perfectly good air plane and those who wonder why. Just not going to understand each other. Why would someone climb a mountain when you can ride the tour bus to the top? Some climb mountains and some ride the bus. Some like to stand in one spot and press the number 1 button. Such is their level of skill.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

As a rule I agree with he OP, however I thank the heavens for any glitch in Arah due to the silly runback time in case of wipes…

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Glitching creates the problem of people not ever learning dungeon mechanics. If you can’t beat the spider queen without dragging her out of the room then you will never be able to handle harder bosses in the game. If you can never beat Kholer or cannot kill Colossus Rumblus without stacking at a pillar then you don’t understand how or when to dodge and you are doing yourself a disservice.
That being said there is a difference between not being able to do these things and choosing not to. Does it speed up the run to glitch the spider queen? Most of the time it does. Is the run faster skipping Kholer? Yes (although you can kill him in 3-5 minutes tops and he’s worth almost 20 silver so there really isn’t a reason to skip him). Rumblus being faster drug to a pillar is debatable since if people know what they are doing you probably lose less damage with one person periodically dodging than everyone having to stop doing damage to revive someone when pulling him out of the room since you can’t really dodge his attacks that way.
Some people want to get through content as quickly as possible and that is their choice and they are entitled to it. I don’t however see a problem in asking for boss fights that can’t be turned into AFK fights.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This again…

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

Glitches are just boss mechanics. Bosses feel more comfortable in a corner than in the middle of the room.

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

im agienst glitches where its possible to get out of boss mechanis in a unintened way and hope they get fixed at some point.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Glitchers are so lame -.- I really hate to do it especially when I know the group would wipe without glitching.
I rather prefere to wipe a few times then glitching the boss this has nothing to do with skill or playing. If I want to cheat I play offline

[rT]

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

regarding rumblus: standing in a corner so you don’t fly across the room when you get knocked back isn’t glitching. that’s just positioning. the boss still hits you, you get knocked down and eat the 4 condies he likes to give out with every hit. a glitch would be, if he CAN’T attack you anymore, our his attacks don’t hit you or whatever. pillar is borderline, I often get hit, but I sometimes think not as often as in the field, can’t be sure about it.

standing behind a pillar during kohler fight isn’t glitching either, it’s just positioning for people who can’t reliably dodge the pull (I actually prefer people playing conservatively over people dieing).

spider queen pulling to the corner still attacks, she actually attacks the exact same way as when you just melee her in the room. not using her fields is a result of not constantly dodging her attacks and staying at melee range, not a glitch.

but apart from the really bad and non applicable examples used in this thread, I absolutely agree. when people always wanted to use stairs in AC p1 I more than once ragequit, because it takes so much longer than to just fight and it’s just embarrassing.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I kind of with Oran, I think you definitely have to make a distinction.

To me glitching out a boss is, like, actually honestly and truly abusing terrain to cause a boss to be unable to hit you while you can still hit them. This is not a playstyle. This is straight-up cheating. Any instance of that needs to be fixed. No excuses.

Stacking can sometimes be the way people execute this, but when people stack it’s not always a case of trying to cause a Boss to glitch out. Mostly when you see people stacking, it’s for Buffs, ease of rezzing, or to avoid a secondary AI behavior that triggers certain effects when players are at a range (Subject Alpha’s dragontooth, for example).

All that said, yeah, it is kind of Lame.
The feeling you get from bunching Spider Queen into some corner and just brainlessly wailing on her is not epic…it’s just kind of pathetic. I don’t care whose fault that is, I just know that it has to change. Moving forward encounter design really needs to be doing more to keep melee play and the zerg ball from being such a dominant strategy.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

An easy solution to your problem is starting your own group, and advertising that it’ll be a non-glitch run.

Or for glitchers to advertise that their run will be a glitch run. Why does the burden of glitching content fall on people who want to play normally?

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

OP: I hate people who use exploits.
Following posts: omg why you hate stacking, los’ing, etc nub??

o.O those aren’t exploits guys, going outside the map, skipping everything, and killing the last boss of each path in 1 run is…

I hate glitchers!

Anubarak.3012

Or for glitchers to advertise that their run will be a glitch run. Why does the burden of glitching content fall on people who want to play normally?

/this!

[rT]

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

o.O those aren’t exploits guys, going outside the map, skipping everything, and killing the last boss of each path in 1 run is…

Actually those are exploits. The difference is what you are exploiting, such as terrible AI (Line of Sight) and oversights in combat mechanics and design (which have existed since the beginning of GW1) to cheese content by removing the intended challenge. Do you honestly think the developers intended for every group to run around a corner and face tank mobs that die in AoE and cleaves in seconds, removing the need to deal with 95% of the challenging combat mechanics? It’s made worse by ArenaNet’s stance of inaction when it comes to acting on PvE meta (which is why a single Feedback is still the most powerful offensive tool being used to kill Lupicus, while at the same time being the most powerful defensive tool).

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

Actually those are exploits. The difference is what you are exploiting, such as terrible AI (Line of Sight) and oversights in combat mechanics and design (which have existed since the beginning of GW1) to cheese content by removing the intended challenge. Do you honestly think the developers intended for every group to run around a corner and face tank mobs that die in AoE and cleaves in seconds, removing the need to deal with 95% of the challenging combat mechanics? It’s made worse by ArenaNet’s stance of inaction when it comes to acting on PvE meta (which is why a single Feedback is still the most powerful offensive tool being used to kill Lupicus, while at the same time being the most powerful defensive tool).

I wish mobs could shoot through walls and reflects had a 40% chance to fail.

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

People glitching says less about players and more about bad dungeon design.

AC used to be one of the most popular dungeons. People even did Kohler sometimes. Then they changed everything and made it all super hard or broke mechanics entirely (P2). Now people only do the paths that are easy and can be glitched with minimal to no effort (P1 and P3). CM was the same way because you could glitch over the instance and skip most of it. They removed that glitch (mostly) and people stopped running it.

People are going to take the path of least resistance. If you plug one path by changing it or making it hard, people will seek another. If you nerf everything, many people will stop doing them at all which will severely diminish the population you have to do them with.

If they are going to make any dungeon changes at all they need to make dungeons challenging but also profitable and not tedious. If you give me a path an hour long I better be able to make more money doing that than if I just went gathering instead and certainly not frustrating or boring.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I kind of with Oran, I think you definitely have to make a distinction.

To me glitching out a boss is, like, actually honestly and truly abusing terrain to cause a boss to be unable to hit you while you can still hit them. This is not a playstyle. This is straight-up cheating. Any instance of that needs to be fixed. No excuses.

Stacking can sometimes be the way people execute this, but when people stack it’s not always a case of trying to cause a Boss to glitch out. Mostly when you see people stacking, it’s for Buffs, ease of rezzing, or to avoid a secondary AI behavior that triggers certain effects when players are at a range (Subject Alpha’s dragontooth, for example).

All that said, yeah, it is kind of Lame.
The feeling you get from bunching Spider Queen into some corner and just brainlessly wailing on her is not epic…it’s just kind of pathetic. I don’t care whose fault that is, I just know that it has to change. Moving forward encounter design really needs to be doing more to keep melee play and the zerg ball from being such a dominant strategy.

I agree with most of your post, but I have to point out the bolded part. The problem here is the way several systems work ingame. One of which is how it’s usually easier to keep the party together because the bosses usually punish ranged fighting with some really powerful attack, one they never really do when you’re close to him. It’s also really easy to keep people alive when they’re this close.

The other being that there’s a limit on AoE, one that can be abused with pets, spirits, clones, minions, etc. being out on the field. The closer the party is together with these out, the more likely everybody will survive because the AoE doesn’t differentiate between NPCs and party members, and will hit 5 of any combination of the two.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

I hate glitchers!

Vox Hollow.2736

I’m kind of thinking it’s the sort of thing they’d have to hit when they’re using the living story to revamp a place. There just isn’t any kind of minor tweak you could do to break up the melee zergball, encounters would need to be rebuilt from the ground-up with this in mind before you could hope to make any headway.

I hate glitchers!

Oranisagu.3706

it’s interesting how suddenly people say ‘zergball’ or stacking and whatever are such bad tools and bosses don’t punish melee attackers enough. there are a few bosses that are easier if everyone stays in melee range, yes. but for those who actually played the game lets go over a few instances:

• AC kohler: not really a melee kind of guy, if you want to melee, you have to distance yourself every 20-30 seconds at least once.
  • AC troll: instadown melee attacks, range attack gets you to safety with fear
  • CoE brambles thing: yeah, melee him =)
  • Arah Shuggoroth: sure.. everybody stack up and attack the boss who doesn’t show up in the first place
  • Fractals Dredge Suite/Ice Elemental: anyone sucessfully meleed this one?
  • Mai Trin (since living story was mentioned): her auttoattack kills a normal zerker player with 2-3 hits. her hits cleave even behind her, even if someone thinks he can tank her, the rest still can’t attack at melee

it’s a bit oblivious talking about how the game is faceroll easy if everybody stacks up etc, making your whole post sorta moot. there are bosses which are better fought at melee (independent of your weaponchoice, even a ranged weapon still works) or at range (where only ranged weapons work, duh). so far most encounters I’ve seen are a lot easier at range and melee is more dangerous if possible at all.
spider actually is a perfect example. since ranging her is so mindnumbinbly easy, she lays down the occasional field to make it harder (wow, you have to actually move while pressing 1-2-3-4-5-1-2-3-4-5)
if you melee her, her attack can hit hard and your group has to at least remove condis and hold protection up, but you don’t have to worry about the fields anymore.
her especially shows how the devs DO want to give players a choice. be safe and slow or fast but in more danger.

and I repeat: it’s not a glitch as long as her AI doesn’t bug out or she can’t hit you anymore. that’s like saying a dodgeroll is a glitch because you don’t get hit. it’s a simple game mechanic that was put there for a reason. ever used the corner with d/d ele? if he uses his usual combo including air#5, he will land a bit away and queen immediately lays down 3 fields below the group, instawipe. she’s not bugged.

since the revamp I only saw AC P3 glitching, when grast still bugged constantly. now that he works better, I’ve done at least 20 p3 runs without anyone ever trying to glitch something. CoE had a lot more glitching going on with portals/golem, though they fortunately fixed that.

stop trying to advertise bad gameplay as the way it’s intended and teamwork and coordination as exploiting. a glitch is usually very obvious. if you even have a discussion whether something is an exploit, it definitely isn’t. it might be a bug, like with alpha sometimes stopping to attack. you can’t induce it, but sometimes it happens. if everybody who accidentally encounters a bug were an exploiter, we wouldn’t have a playerbase anymore.

I hate glitchers!

Vox Hollow.2736

@ Oranisagu
Did a post get deleted somewhere? It sounds like you’re talking to me because you mentioned my phrasing, but I have no idea where those last three paragraphs are coming from given that I openly agreed that stacking and glitching should be distinguished as separate things.

I don’t really agree that the game does a good job of sticking to the ‘melee = high risk/high reward; ranged = low risk/low reward’ dichotomy. Putting aside for the moment outliers who have a mechanical basis for enforcing one type of gameplay over the other; like Melrona whose clearly a ranged-favored fight and Subject Alpha whose pretty clearly a melee-favored fight. Most other fights you can tell this dichotomy’s been put in there in broad strokes from the way range limits work and the way baseline damage values are constructed, but the nitty gritties of practice don’t really pan out consistently enough.

I think there’s alot of subtle things that are contributing to that.

The lack of any real roadblocks like phases means the ‘killing it faster = less time to hurt people’ principal is in full swing. This is made all the worse by the cyclical nature of the AI, which boils down alot of fights into doing the same thing multiple times and trying not to lose your rhythm your nth time through. So safety does make things slower, but slower can also make things less safe.

The fact buffs have a mid-range concentration of about 600. This actually works excellently with the highrisk/highreward design when it comes to offensive buffs as the closer you are to the action the more damage you do, but unfortunately this also holds true for defensive buffs as well. Meaning whatever natural safety advantage ranged play has needs to weighed against a hidden defense opportunity cost.

The fact stacking makes resurrection so many orders of magnitudes easier the definition of failure itself is different. Getting downed while kiting and ranging is dangerous, getting downed in the melee-zergball is so divorced of consequence it’s practically a glorified healing cooldown. Usually this is where the consequences for multiple resurrections would counterbalance things, but bosses die long before being downed four times in a row is a practical assumption and all Downed Penalty does is give you less Free Health. If it’s such a foregone conclusion that you’ll get back up, there’s not much meaning in going down.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

I hate glitchers!

Oranisagu.3706

@ Oranisagu
Did a post get deleted somewhere? It sounds like you’re talking to me because you mentioned my phrasing, but I have no idea where those last three paragraphs are coming from given that I openly agreed that stacking and glitching should be distinguished as separate things.

I dind’t quote you because my post was not completely directed at you specifically, even though you did mention some of the things I disagreed with – others we obviously have the same opinion on.
the last three paragraphs were my try to get back to the subject at hand we kinda left behind in our discussion.
I already wrote to adress the rest of your post but deleted it as it goes a bit far off topic. we disagree whether stacking/zerging bosses is usually too easy, but in terms of glitching it’s clearly not. the mechanics of the mentioned fights might need a work-over (depending on who you ask), but they usually do work as intended.

also.. teleport glitch in CoE was fixed rather quickly (3 weeks after I first heard about it, don’t know how long it’s been used before though). I actually even used that one a few times because the fight is boring as hell either way. but what about crystal bug, which persists since release? it’s nice if they fix glitches and exploits, I prefer to fight without them, but a bug that can ruin your run should be fixed over a glitch that can ease up one single fight by a small bit (as long as you have 1mes/1guard the turrets never were a problem, the glitch only let them not having to switch every utility skill for the fight and back afterwards).

I hate glitchers!

zerotwo.4731

From all these posts its clear that not everyone agrees with the OP. Even within a clan you may find that players will complete dungeons in a way you don’t agree with so it will always boil down to opinion. Just make it clear when joining a group that you would prefer to play it out and either you will get verbally bashed with a quick kick or they will agree with you.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

So let me get this straight, instead of stacking against a pillar in AC Exp and killing the spider quickly. You would prefer to run around, get downed and hope that one of your team mates will come along to pick you up? Yes, your standing in the corner going pew pew. However, when a player gets downed the entire team is there to rez. It’s considered a strategy, not a glitch. Without working closely with your team your dead weight and cost the team on wipes when players try to pick you up. My suggestion to you OP is to start looking at what works well and saves time not what is a glitch and what is not. This way you will have more time to do more in the game and…yes, have fun doing it. Leave the Devs to decide what is a glitch.

You are the smartest poster in this thread, and all the care-bears shouting “Death to Elitist-Exploiter-Scum!” don’t seem to comprehend your point.

GW2 is a team game, and my idea of fun is team efficiency. I know who in this thread I will be adding to my blacklist.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Hey, I think people read too much into what the OP says. He doesnt say anything about stacking or los pulls, he specifically mentions standing in a corner going pew-pew without the boss hitting back.

With that I consider his meaning being staying out of aggro and glitching the bosses to not behave as intended (ie killing players).

I must say that I havent really run into this that much, Arah mostly and there are a few frac bosses that can be glitched but usually these take so much longer time that any valid group just prefer to do the normal way.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I think Anet is very generous to provide convenient places for players to afk attacking boss so they can do their own things during those precious minutes after so many boring repetitive runs.
Take the Arah mage crusher for an instance, it would take about 3-5min if you range and if you’re fast enough w/o making a mess, you can take a leak, go get a drink, reply to a horde of whispers, answering the door bell etc. All of that w/o having to tell your team to wait for you because we could all do it at the same time.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

I hate glitchers!

zerotwo.4731

You can kill the AC path 1 end boss on the stairs and he can’t hit you. The damage is the same if you were to kite him around. I prefer that then to wipe multiple times and waste valuable time. Yes, my time is valuable!

I hate glitchers!

Anubarak.3012

Yes, my time is valuable!

If it is like that you should go working and earning money instead of playing video games. If you just want to get the reward instead of having fun it would be better to earn a real reward

[rT]

I hate glitchers!

zerotwo.4731

The value of my time does not revolve around making money. I value the time I put into the game since I want to accomplish as much as possible in a short period of time. If I enjoy doing it, it would then be considered “rewarding”. If I wasn’t enjoying myself I wouldn’t be playing. You missed my point. Why waste time on a strategy that is not 100% effective. Completing the bosses quickly allows me to do more. It’s not difficult to understand.

(edited by zerotwo.4731)

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

But then I meet groups that only glitch bosses, standing in a corner pew pewing the boss without fear of being hit at all.
Then when I ask them how they can have fun glitching, they say they don’t do this for fun, they do this for farming. I’m not expecting any other answers from them. I’ve rolled around the internet long enough to know I’m not gonna find anything else then cheaters, glitchers, trolls and farmers.
But seriously… I wish ArenaNet could fix all the glitches in dungeons, especially for all the bosses. Nearly all of them can be glitched… it’s lame enough that nobody plays for fun, but theses people are ruining MY fun telling me to stand in that freaking corner when I don’t want to.

Your idea of fun is not necessarily someone else’s idea of fun. Usually in a team “fun” is only by consensus and if everyone else wants to do one thing that you don’t want to do then it’s your choice to do it or leave.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Tbh I don’t think they’re glitches/exploits…least not anymore. At first I thought it was players exploiting a glitch because the gameplay required to ‘succeed’ is just clumsy and unrefined…however….these…um…‘clever use of game mechanics’ have been around for months and have been reported repeatedly-nothing is ever done. As a matter of fact a couple posts/threads got deleted and infracted for ‘accusing of exploits’ or some crap like that for mentioning them. So running up to the boss and stacking while autoattacking is apparently either acceptable or was always the intended gameplay…go figure. Same with running by entire rooms (kitten near the whole dungeon) of regular/silver/champ mobs or even skipping bosses. So yeah…not glitching apparently bro-and as such there is literally no worth in doing anything the ‘correct’ way…because what you perceive as glitches ARE the correct ways.

As for ‘fun’…seems (keyword: SEEMS-not accusing…last thing I want is another ‘infracted for accusing’) what we consider fun isn’t what the majority of players-and indeed the devs consider fun either. The dungeon itself isn’t supposed to be fun-not working with other players, not the regular mobs, certainly not the silver/champs, not the bosses and most assuredly not the ‘story’ of the dungeon; what’s fun are those 60+ tokens and near 1g of gold at that end. They might as well make all dungeons a colosseum with 2-3 bosses-no actually just a small circular room (we will be stacking afterall) with a boss in the middle; when that boss is defeated another one spawns 10s later…defeat all three to get your fun tokens and gold.

However, if you still want to do things the more difficult, time consuming way the dungeon (apparently) wasn’t intended to be played you can try posting with such details on lfg-that way you’ll attract like-minded players…..how many are still around I can’t say though.

…can’t believe I actually had more fun with trinity-based dungeons…

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

I hate glitchers!

Oranisagu.3706

Tbh I don’t think they’re glitches/exploits…least not anymore. At first I thought it was players exploiting a glitch because the gameplay required to ‘succeed’ is just clumsy and unrefined…however….these…um…‘clever use of game mechanics’ have been around for months and have been reported repeatedly-nothing is ever done. As a matter of fact a couple posts/threads got deleted and infracted for ‘accusing of exploits’ or some crap like that for mentioning them. So running up to the boss and stacking while autoattacking is apparently either acceptable or was always the intended gameplay…go figure. Same with running by entire rooms (kitten near the whole dungeon) of regular/silver/champ mobs or even skipping bosses. So yeah…not glitching apparently bro-and as such there is literally no worth in doing anything the ‘correct’ way…because what you perceive as glitches ARE the correct ways.

As for ‘fun’…seems (keyword: SEEMS-not accusing…last thing I want is another ‘infracted for accusing’) what we consider fun isn’t what the majority of players-and indeed the devs consider fun either. The dungeon itself isn’t supposed to be fun-not working with other players, not the regular mobs, certainly not the silver/champs, not the bosses and most assuredly not the ‘story’ of the dungeon; what’s fun are those 60+ tokens and near 1g of gold at that end. They might as well make all dungeons a colosseum with 2-3 bosses-no actually just a small circular room (we will be stacking afterall) with a boss in the middle; when that boss is defeated another one spawns 10s later…defeat all three to get your fun tokens and gold.

However, if you still want to do things the more difficult, time consuming way the dungeon (apparently) wasn’t intended to be played you can try posting with such details on lfg-that way you’ll attract like-minded players…..how many are still around I can’t say though.

…can’t believe I actually had more fun with trinity-based dungeons…

I think you really need to try out more dungeons than one. you missed quite a few interesting additions, like mechanics which require teamwork and cooperation, stuff that requires something else than pure DPS etc.
I agree, there are a few dungeons which don’t require much from the group, yet those are few. worst case may be TA or Hotw. from all others I can quickly name a few mechanics which don’t need dps but coordination:
AC burrows p1/3, traps p2
CM depends mostly on correct placement of reflection/projectile destruction skills to be able to fight, as well as separating rifleman and bombers (or reflecting them), then there’s the bomb part.
SE: don’t play it much, but I remember 1 invincible 1 attackable golem which switch their buff and have to die within 10 seconds.
CoF: boulders, acolytes, gate controller, torches on p3, bombs/assassins p2.. ALL require some coordination. people are so used to these they don’t have to think anymore, that doesn’t mean it was trivial at first.
CoE: laser wall, golem to debuff, console activation, husk boss, destroyer
Arah: shuggoroth, abomination + tranq guns, golem suit, simin etc..

so yeah.. actually play the dungeons with a few new players and tell me again they don’t need any coordination or skill apart from stacking and dps-ing. once you’ve done that few dozen times, you might look differently on the speedrun groups which already know all mechanics and without a word can do the correct action at the correct time without needing a separate invitation each.
I like experienced speedrun groups because most of the time everybody knows their job and they don’t wear totally useless armor.

skipping mobs which give out no reward at all and take forever to kill was even addressed by ANet. they want to change mobs so killing them actually makes sense. aetherblaede retreat was a good example, the mobs dropped actually useful/valuable stuff and could be killed quickly while still wiping the floor with bad players.

skipping never was considered an exploit or glitch, those mobs that shouldn’t be skipped count as an event and open doors behind them, to make it clear: kill that target or don’t proceed.

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Glitchers are so lame -.- I really hate to do it especially when I know the group would wipe without glitching.
I rather prefere to wipe a few times then glitching the boss this has nothing to do with skill or playing. If I want to cheat I play offline

That’s all well and good but half of the people I come across can’t even handle bosses when they’re at the simplest they can be. The skill level of a lot of players in this game is too low to even consider doing some things legit.

Besides I value my time and prefer to do things as quickly and efficiently as possible. People have no right to tell me or anyone else to play differently.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

I hate glitchers!

zerotwo.4731

Amen Adam, Amen!

I hate glitchers!

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

If people are so passionate about their education & career like they are so passionate about their game, we would have zillion of PhDs by now.

People are too serious of their knowledge.