I just did part 1 of Arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dreage.6312

Dreage.6312

Debating if i should just quit running arah. There are only 2 actual runnable paths. Part 1 is hard as hell and then part 4 is for straight up gods. Part 2 is easy enough with normal people, and part 3 is just easy. Thieves are impossible to take into arah since they die almost immediately. Why is arah so freaking annoying? The armor looks infinitely superior to the CoF crap, but i did a cof run just for the heck of it and we were able to run part 1 in about 10-20 minutes compared to the standard 1 to FOUR freaking hours of arah. Screw arah’s armor.

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

sorry but… rofl not everything can be faceroll. And for information, path 4 is actually easier than path 1, or at least, less annoying in regards to the boss fights; especially since the patch.

The paths ain’t that hard any way, they just take longer than pretty much every other dungeon in game except fractals. If you want to run it with people who enjoy it, i invite you to lookup either the arah vet thread or the european equivalent

regards,

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Debating if i should just quit running arah. There are only 2 actual runnable paths. Part 1 is hard as hell and then part 4 is for straight up gods. Part 2 is easy enough with normal people, and part 3 is just easy. Thieves are impossible to take into arah since they die almost immediately. Why is arah so freaking annoying? The armor looks infinitely superior to the CoF crap, but i did a cof run just for the heck of it and we were able to run part 1 in about 10-20 minutes compared to the standard 1 to FOUR freaking hours of arah. Screw arah’s armor.

Odd, the second time I went to Arah, we had a thief who probably died least out of all of us because stealth is crazy useful for trash running. . .

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Thieves only instantly die in Arah if you don’t know how to properly use one. Got DM pre-Simin nerf on my Thief. It’s really not that bad. It just takes a bit longer.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Affeman.7610

Affeman.7610

I’ve run Arah more than 100 times on my Thief. Still haven’t grown tired of it nor had any major problems. It’s my favourite dungeon by far, especially path 4.
You need to find a reliable group and learn the mechanics, after that it’s a cakewalk.

Posted by: Voodoo.1709

Voodoo.1709

Arah is fine… not every dungeon needs to be like cof. Put in the time to learn the dungeon and it won’t be so tedious.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Arah is like made for thieves. No profession is easier to play in arah than thief.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Raybunny.6190

Raybunny.6190

I’m sorry to disappoint you OP, but Arah is EASELY doable.

Raybunny – Warrior
[Midnight Mayhem] – Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Arah 1 four hours?

• Step one: Invite 1-2 Thieves
  • Step two: Use Shaddowrefuge to skip from boss to boss. Can be done without refuge, but with two thieves its impossible to fail.
  • Step three: One hour max.

I have to agree, Arah is made for a thief.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Its been a while since I ran path 1 did they add more way points?

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

Thieves are incredibly useful for Arah.

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

Its been a while since I ran path 1 did they add more way points?

Nope. There is 1 at the first chest, aka the ooze boss and the next one is at lupi. I dont know why they dont add a wp after every boss, like in the rest of the paths.

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

A thief is a great addition to a party unable to skip properly.

Chryzo.8906

because the way point for the tar boss is actually on path 3… instead of being on path 1…

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You must be joking. Arah is easy, even path 4.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

Arah isn’t just a dungeon, it is THE dungeon. The final, max level dungeon with awesome gear and weapons. CoF is the equivalent of SAB, Infantile mode. Just like any dungeon (except crap-endless-KD AC), you’ll learn the ropes and get used to it after a while.

(edited by bitterjo.1695)

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

I can’t imagine PuG’ing Arah, but after my dungeon crew learned how to do the runs, it’s pretty fun to do every once in a while just for the hell of it. We’ve cut our run times of path 1, 2, and 3 to about 30 mins each, and we plan to get faster at it, so we can help our other friends learn Arah and get their Arah stuff.

One of our members runs his thief and he very rarely dies (full zerker). To say it’s impossible with a thief is an opinion, not fact.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I dunno what’s so really hard about arah. You skip most of lolo-100-aoe-in-one-spot-one-hit trash mobs anyway. And bosses are doable, lupi being the only hard one.

I find doing golem-spam room in COE or cliffside fractal on 25+ much more annoying with pugs.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Thieves are impossible to take into arah since they die almost immediately

I’m just going to leave this right here…

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

Ran path one the other day, and there really is a reason why no one does it. There are only two WPs between the start and Lupi, which creates one hell of a trek with a lot of crap to run through if you don’t take the time to clear stuff out beforehand. Just having one extra WP somewhere in the middle of that route would make the path a lot more tolerable.

Then you have all the stuff that chills you, snares you, cripples you, and everything else, making the slightest error in making that run trying to skip things because you’re group isn’t competent enough to actually fight any of it cost you an extra silver on your repair bill. Keep in mind that not all classes have access to lolstealth to make the run easier.

When you consider that the bosses are really not that bad, other than Lupi, it’s really an unbalanced path with difficulty spikes where there shouldn’t be one. Crystal golems are pretty face-rolly, slime is annoying and doesn’t really fit, why the tar elemental is even there I have no clue, and the final boss somehow barely beats out Jade Maw for being the most boring and lame encounter in the entire game.

Hopefully this month’s patch fixes some things to actually make it more enjoyable and a decent challenge instead of just an exercise in frustration.

Posted by: Mosen.9526

Mosen.9526

Thieves die instantly in Arah? I’m sorry, but you’ve landed yourself with some really terrible thieves. Thieves can make the gauntlet running in Arah so much easier on the group. Add to that, the dungeon itself is perfectly fine. Few tweaks here and there and it’ll probably be in the best spot out of all the dungeons available, not to imply that it is no good now. Not everything can be smash-face-on-keyboard easy, nor should it be a 10 minute farm fest. Arah actually feels rewarding for how difficult it can be, and Lupicus has got to be one of my favorite fights.

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

because the way point for the tar boss is actually on path 3… instead of being on path 1…

Please fix this for the next patch.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Path one is pretty easy, 3 is super easy and 2 is lovely (awesome art design), path 4 is pretty hard and only advisable for guild groups, but great/fun if you have a good guild and have TS, Ventrilo or Mumble etc.

I pug only path 3 honestly, and i managed to run this 2-3/day to get the full Arah set for my necro. It’s almost a no brainer and most groups won’t fail.

I really hope they bring some more great dungeons like Arah, it is the most beautiful (together with CoE) and challenging dungeon (aside from Fractals 30+). Lupicus is sadly the only true ‘raid’ boss with interesting mechanics. Most other bosses are just faceroll. It is a good start and I would love to see 10man raids similar to Urgoz’s Warren and The Deep in Guild Wars: Factions.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Chryzo.8906

I agree with Proto, hope they bring other dungeon like arah, though, end boss fights should be…. end boss fights

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

I’ve always felt path 1 is easier than path 2 because the trash running is easier in p1. Path 4 seems more for the DM title devoted. People might run it more than once but its too time consuming so its run for the title or people who just like arah a lot.

Arah’s armor is sort of a status symbol. Some people think Arah is a pushover and easy while others find the armor all but unobtainable. Experienced groups can knock out a path 3 in 30 minutes and maybe paths 1 and 2 in around 45 min each. But if you PUG it with unexperienced it can be very painful like you described.

Personally I think Arah rocks…. every bit of it.

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Thieves are incredibly useful for Arah.

^^ this. But have to admit that good thieves are hard to come by in any pve.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

This exact reason is why I’m sad they took pub portal guns although I know why they did and can’t fault them for their decision. I’d run a hard part then use the gun to a close wp and get the team across no problem. At least In p2 and p3 I am usually able to grab a wp for the group while I speed through. Makes things real nice and easy. Still sucks I can’t wp people to the end boss in p2 anymore and p1 doesn’t matter cause it is easily done with 1-2 people if that’s what you need to do.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid