I never want to do a dungeon again.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Proudy.4795

Proudy.4795

Just went and tried AC after the new patch, 3 groups we were with quit because it was so hard. Just did CM and it took us 2.5 hours (don’t know whether that had any changes) but it just felt like such a chore and grind. I literally never want to do a dungeon again after that, the reward for effort was so minimal and I had no fun at all.

inb4 flame posts about me being a noob and having a crap group, we have all breezed through AC before, all paths, no problem, didn’t even blink, pre-patch.

Posted by: defi.4127

defi.4127

Well sucks to be you I guess.

Old AC = large hp pools on bosses, but easy and boring fights.
New AC = reduced hp pools on bosses, but more challenging and interesting fights (may vary between bosses).

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I literally never want to do a dungeon again after that

Then don’t. No one’s forcing you to run dungeons.

Posted by: jepurv.7048

jepurv.7048

“The risks are immense but the rewards are great”

This is why 5 of my friends quit the game at around lvl 40. They hated the dungeons. If it is going to be that hard then why not give people some bad$%# level-appropriate gear.

This is the moment of truth for most MMOs. Do they provide a wider range of play-styles for a wider range of potential players? Or, do they “stick to their guns” and alienate a large portion of potential customers? I would even suggest adding an option to play dungeons with a more healer/tank/dps type of format for those who enjoy THIS game and would still like THAT experience. But, who am I?

Dungeons, in my experience through out the years testing and playing MMOs, are a make-or-break issue. I am almost certain that 3 out of the 5 of my friends who have quit since 40 will NOT purchase any expansions b/c of their experiences to this point.

I am not flaming the game. I love the game (although I am not fond of the current dungeon build and hate sitting around spamming for a group)! But, I wish there were options/alternatives/game-systems that I could emphasize in trying to sell my friends on coming back to the game. There just are none at this point if dungeons still seem uber difficult with small payouts.

Now, here come the typical “you’re doing it wrong” or “go play WoW” comments that come from the 12- 28 yr old champion dungeon runners (who, unfortunately, are the very narrow-minded, kill-joy, guild junkies that devs design MMOs for; they take all of the fun out of gaming by turning their in-game successes into their shining life-accomplishments and then they dismiss, brow-beat, and ridicule everyone else who disagrees with them). Oh well…..I suppose its inevitable.

(edited by jepurv.7048)

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

At first it was AC is too easy, people speedrun it, people just go to alts at last boss since its easy too AC is too hard. Pick what you want. Choose what you wish for carefully

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

The boss fights are much more interesting than they were before. End of story.

Just learn them, and you’ll be fine.

Magummadweller

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anything that makes the game more challanging is welcome by me. It is too easy still.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Iehova.9518

Anything that makes the game more challanging is welcome by me. It is too easy still.

Spiderlings having 9 gorillion toughness does not ‘challange’ make.
Ghost eater phase 1 will get kittening boring the 2nd time you do it.

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Wear only white armor or eat those words.

Posted by: MaryDeVil.1894

MaryDeVil.1894

yeah! I propose Anet up the difficulty of all instances so that all groups need a cordination such that only ts/vent/skype etc. can give, lvl80 fully exotic at least with that over9000 specific build! That will show all the lowbies and casuals we mean business! who the hell plays for fun? Having a good time while making dungeons?! Slacking when killing last boss? This is GW2, not a backstreet game! This is GW2, this is pro l33t e-sport!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m with this guy. Ghost eater is definitely a problem. Its not anywhere near being fun. I get it requires cooperation between two pairs of the players (to do lift and then drag), but it doesn’t tell you what to do with them. It was not intuitive, my group couldn’t figure out how to remove the shield from him.

I would prefer them to change it back. I dislike the new changes. Couldn’t even try path1 boss due to rage quits.
Most casuals/PUGs can now barely even get near the end of the dungeons, way to go Anet >:(. I hate to think what they’re gonna do to the higher level dungeons…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

I’m with this guy. Ghost eater is definitely a problem. Its not anywhere near being fun. I get it requires cooperation between two pairs of the players (to do lift and then drag), but it doesn’t tell you what to do with them. It was not intuitive, my group couldn’t figure out how to remove the shield from him.

I would prefer them to change it back. I dislike the new changes. Couldn’t even try path1 boss due to rage quits.
Most casuals/PUGs can now barely even get near the end of the dungeons, way to go Anet >:(. I hate to think what they’re gonna do to the higher level dungeons…

I believe the patch notes even stated something about this path. The clue is there to know what to do with the oozes. I think the harder part was figuring out how to move oozes, and that wasn’t difficult, just took a minute or two. It’s a Ghostbuster knockoff, which when the mechanic works, it’s a good fight. However, there are bugs with this path (it has to be – it’s Detha, been bugged since release) that make it a currently crappy fight. We managed to get a good shot on him as soon as the shield dropped, we time-warped and just annihilated him.

Posted by: Osmodias.9253

Osmodias.9253

Just how bad is the new AC? None of my guildies want to do it anymore, since we farmed every ounce of it when the game first came out. And, if it is harder, we’ll probably never do it again, since we can give the same amount of effort in Fractals or CoE and get better rewards.

Posted by: Galactic.6453

Galactic.6453

This is why 5 of my friends quit the game at around lvl 40. They hated the dungeons. If it is going to be that hard then why not give people some bad$%# level-appropriate gear.

You played one dungeon, ragequit and then blame the game?
Your skill level is not the norm. Those champion hardcore dungeon players as you say are the average players who are able to both pay attention to the boss and know their class’ skills.

There are empty bars that say “trap power”, there’s a white circle around the traps and there are guns lying around that say lift and drag ooze. How could you have not made that connection? You should have at least figured out you need to charge the traps.

(edited by Galactic.6453)

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

There are empty bars that say “trap power”, there’s a white circle around the traps and there are guns lying around that say lift and drag ooze. How could you have not made that connection? You should have at least figured out you need to charge the traps.

We did this, then finally managed to drag the Ghost Eater over, then. . . nothing happened, he was still invulnerable. Then later on, as in a few minutes later, he had a 10 second burst of vulnerability. Working as intended? Bugged? Does it have to do with whether he has other Ectoplasms around him? How do we know?

Posted by: Galactic.6453

Galactic.6453

We did this, then finally managed to drag the Ghost Eater over, then. . . nothing happened, he was still invulnerable. Then later on, as in a few minutes later, he had a 10 second burst of vulnerability. Working as intended? Bugged? Does it have to do with whether he has other Ectoplasms around him? How do we know?

This hasn’t happened to me yet and it indeed seems to be a bug. I have no idea how a severe bug like this gets past the testing. As well as the horrible drop of fps whenever a burrow appears.

(edited by Galactic.6453)

Posted by: Drukqs.4280

Drukqs.4280

AC is almost unplayable in its current state, it also completely alienates new players who are running explorer for the first time. Even removing the additional knock backs would help. Hopefully the developers are noticing the problems with their recent patch and we will see something soon.

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

This hasn’t happened to me yet and it indeed seems to be a bug. I have no idea how a severe bug like this gets past the testing. As well as the horrible drop of fps whenever a burrow appears.

We actually stopped using one of the traps because as far as we could tell it never worked. Maybe we were just unlucky, but we fought this guy for over an hour and a half before getting windows of vulnerability close enough together to drop him. Only one tpk in that time, a testament to a cooperating party, not that I’d say we have particularly good play skills. This fight also seems to be unusually easy to rez people in, because the boss often parks in one place for awhile. Not usually where you want him, mind you, and his lengthy AoEs are annoying for that.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Well buckle up, because in a few months all dungeons will be like this.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You played one dungeon, ragequit and then blame the game?
Your skill level is not the norm. Those champion hardcore dungeon players as you say are the average players who are able to both pay attention to the boss and know their class’ skills.

We did (somehow) manage to fill the traps, it was stuff after that that was the problem. We managed to strip the shield twice, and then we couldn’t get it to go away again.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Just to be curious, what’s wrong with having a few or even one easier dungeon for those that simply aren’t as skilled, and a few harder dungeons for those that need the challenge?

Why must everything be high end?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Just to be curious, what’s wrong with having a few or even one easier dungeon for those that simply aren’t as skilled, and a few harder dungeons for those that need the challenge?

Not everything needs to be high end. My frustration stems from ANet both buffing AC and nerfing Arah in the same patch. In what world does it make sense to make the first dungeon harder and the last dungeon easier?

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Iehova.9518

My frustration stems from ANet both buffing AC and nerfing Arah in the same patch.

Yeah, no, one path does not full dungeon make.

And AC is still an easymode joke of a dungeon, it’s just gasp different and requires adaptation.

The only real problem I have is troll using fear when he spawns near the center. THAT needs to be addressed.

Posted by: AusterlitZ.7941

AusterlitZ.7941

Not everything needs to be high end. My frustration stems from ANet both buffing AC and nerfing Arah in the same patch. In what world does it make sense to make the first dungeon harder and the last dungeon easier?

Arah did not get nerfed,some bosses actually got buffed.They only reduced the healing dwayna does,which has nothing to do with difficulty,but with dps,so no nerf there.To the OP,we did all 3 AC paths in 55 minutes,stop crying.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

The internet is the worse place to look for sympathy; just fyi..

Posted by: Rowan Mayfair.1459

Rowan Mayfair.1459

To all of you who think the dungeons are too hard: ever learned of a learning curve?

Yeah sure, it’s always hard when you try to do a dungeon the first time (after a major update)… but in the end me and my guildies always figured out how to do it. The very first time we met Kohler we were thinking “this is hard, we’re never getting through this, blah blah…”,… a week or two later we were running AC in 30 minutes.

Have some patience, ressurect and try again… and stop wasting time in blaming the game for being to difficult and rather try to figure out the mechanics on how to beat the bosses instead of quitting.

It’s much much much more satisfying to kill any hard boss after several failed attempts, than to run through a dungeon mindlessly spamming your skills because its so easy.

Want easy? Go farm low level area’s, have fun with the events there… Want to fight hard fights? Want think about a strategy? Want to team up with guildies to figure out a way to tackle that hard boss and have fun together… go handle a dungeon.

Rowan Mayfair Witch – Human Mesmer lvl. 80
Target Ally – Asura Engineer lvl. 80
Freiya the Valkyrie – Norn Ranger. lvl 80

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

maybe dungeons aren’t your thing? i really love dungeons (will probably try out the ‘new’ ac later today) and i’ve run countless pugs with people who just seemed to be forcing themselves into doing it, so if you feel forced then just don’t it, i don’t really like spvp or wvw , so i just don’t do it

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

Well sucks to be you I guess.

Old AC = large hp pools on bosses, but easy and boring fights.
New AC = reduced hp pools on bosses, but more challenging and interesting fights (may vary between bosses).

The new spider queen and boss is by no means more interesting, not even challenging either. I was able to do it with pugs. The were all dead and I never bother to ress. Actually I can’t ress anyone. You just must to focus on doing your own stuff and forget about others then you will find these bosses soloable

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

I don’t understand how people can find AC hard now. I mean it has its challenges but come on, use your head.

I’m not a great player by the way, I’m bad at pvp, I would not consider myself super good at dungeons either. I just press buttons, like dodge for instance, when it calls for it. How do you wipe at spider queen? Kill adds, kill spider, dodge red circles.

I just don’t get it, just press buttons!

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Thank you very much for your contributions and input expressed up to this point. However, threads created for the sake of complaining are not allowed as they do not invite to constructive discussion. Please refrain from creating such threads in the future.

We close this one now. Thanks for your understanding.