I think arah should be nerfed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Or you can learn how to skip.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Problem with arah its that its huge and not skipping will make it really long, even if the mobs threw interesting things and werent boring to kill.

Plus some patrolls are there so you can avoid them (run!).

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Why not go to that dungeon guild that teaches new players stickied on the dungeon forums. I think they can help you learn how to skip stuff.

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Get with the program or get the kitten out.

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

Can someone explain why people think skipping trash is “no fun”? Like, compared to what? Killing the trash? We call it trash for a reason. I joined some full clear groups when I first ran dungeons, and it was somewhat entertaining because the game was new to me. I would have stopped running dungeons a long time ago if trash in this game didn’t leash. I actually love skipping in dungeons because it’s a skill you have to learn, and it’s different for each profession/group composition. It’s also totally optional

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I love all the “no skip” threads. As if anyone in this game kills every mob they see. I mean when mapping do you stop and kill everything? Do you try and solo the champ? do you try to slip past that group to get to the resource node?

If you can honestly say you kill every mob, every single one and never skip past anything, you might have a point. Otherwise…

Arah doesn’t need nerfed, we need more places that offer the challenges it used to.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

double checks

huh. This really isn’t a necro? Haven’t seen one of these for ages.

For what it’s worth, I just logged on for the first time since the patch and did an Arah run.

Please. No. No no no.

No.

No more nerfs. It’s been nerfed hard enough. They’ve already destroyed it, this is pretty kittening terrible. There is no challenge left now.

No. No more nerfs in Arah. They need to nerf us.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Why not go to that dungeon guild that teaches new players stickied on the dungeon forums. I think they can help you learn how to skip stuff.

sadly, [noob] is rip, nobody takes care of it. Iris quit, Sarahfull was made the coordinator/leader, mentor list got deleted by Iris, Sarah said she’ll create a new list and thats about it. even after reminding its the same answer “ye i’ll do it” and still nothing FOR MONTHS. you may say it sounds like a rant – and you’re right – it’s incredibly irresponsible to manage such a big and sticked initiative so poorly

dlonie.6547

It’s probably a lot to manage dude. I’ve enjoyed teaching dungeons for a couple years, but I know I wouldn’t like having something like [NOOB] dropped into my lap. Especially not now, with the current state of dungeons in this game.

Personally, I’d not say anything about it unless I was willing to take over management of the guild myself. Not sure if that’s your intention or not. I know it wouldn’t be mine :P

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’s easy to complain while the others are the ones being burdened by so many responsibilities… Hell, I used to get a huge migraine after teaching ONE person that asked me to for a few hours a day, I can’t imagine managing 10 or 20 or whatever. No thanks, burn it.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

sadly, [noob] is rip, nobody takes care of it. Iris quit, Sarahfull was made the coordinator/leader, mentor list got deleted by Iris, Sarah said she’ll create a new list and thats about it. even after reminding its the same answer “ye i’ll do it” and still nothing FOR MONTHS. you may say it sounds like a rant – and you’re right – it’s incredibly irresponsible to manage such a big and sticked initiative so poorly

Second snide comment I’ve seen your post regarding this.

So, is this your way of volunteering to step up and organize it?

If not, kindly kitten up already.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

because managing a dungeon mentor guild is easy i guess

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I think more than nerfing players what this game needs and always needed is a buff to dungeons, not the reverse

Quickfoot Katana.8642

because managing a dungeon mentor guild is easy i guess

Perhaps he doesnt realise that for being invested in such a guild you actually have to pull the strength of keep playing the game, even when there’s nothing on the horizon allowing you to do so.

Let’s be honest here, the “death” of the Dungeon Mentor guild is more than expected to happen if Dungeons themselves are abandoned. There’s little strength to keep teaching the same thing for over 3 years. Perhaps you should ask the previous students to carry on with the legacy, but they won’t: they used the guild for their own agenda and there are very, very few of them that actually give back to the community.

There’s even some that only go there so that they can get Dungeon Master title easily and then leave.

Maybe what’s in the wrong is not the Mentor’s dedication, but rather the abuse from the others.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

dlonie.6547

I think more than nerfing players what this game needs and always needed is a buff to dungeons, not the reverse

Either way, right now Arah is a faceroll.

My logic is: they need to either rebalance our damage or retune and buff the dungeons — and they ain’t gonna touch dungeons, so nerf it is.

It is nice not having to change traits for Lupi anymore, though. Even in a decent casual party he’s dead before you’d really need anything changed from a full DPS build on thief.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

^ This is true.

Lupicus is basically the new spider queen from pre-patch.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Since the world bosses got more Health, Lupicus needs some as well.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

deSade.9437

Since the world bosses got more Health, Lupicus needs some as well.

Nuh-uh, Tequila and Golem Marky the Snarky are RAIDS. It’s different. Challenging group content.
We gotta move on from instances, they’re confusing for new players. You know, finding the entrance, finding a party and all that hassle.. it’s in the past! Future MMOs need to find some fresh, new challenges..
Guild challenges, yeah?

dlonie.6547

staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahp

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

they used the guild for their own agenda and there are very, very few of them that actually give back to the community.

There’s even some that only go there so that they can get Dungeon Master title easily and then leave.

Maybe what’s in the wrong is not the Mentor’s dedication, but rather the abuse from the others.

That’s right in a way.

I don’t care though I just like spreading meta like a disease.

deSade.9437

staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahp

No I like to hurt you.

dlonie.6547

So long as you’re having a good time bb

deSade.9437

So long as you’re having a good time bb

Bullbat? Bellybulb? Are you insulting me?

Quickfoot Katana.8642

he obviously meant bulbasaur

that or BB from BHB acronym

deSade.9437

Hey, now, you’re exaggerating. That is wayyyy too insulting, come on.
….
I can’t just sit here, let people call me Bulbasaur and get away with it!

Kitten.

dlonie.6547

Bilbo Baggins?

deSade.9437

Hmmm. Can do. He’s a thief with permastealth… not bad. Better than staff-camping Ganjalf.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Hmmm. Can do. He’s a thief with permastealth… not bad. Better than staff-camping Ganjalf.

Hmm… he dual wields Staff/Sword… OP.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

If anyone who is not just starting(freshly new account) the game,still can’t do and have huge problems with Arah after 3years,then i don’t know what can be done to help you.You have to stop doing dungeons all together is my advice.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

dlonie.6547

You have to stop doing dungeons all together is my advice.

You mean “playing the game as ArenaNet intended”?

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

You have to stop doing dungeons all together is my advice.

You mean “playing the game as ArenaNet intended”?

Wish these ‘dungeon’ (lol what are dungeons) players would just go away. They’ve been ruining immersion for everybody from day one. The only reason they even get a subforum is because Arena Net has a humorous side and now a bunch of people have taken them actually waaaay too seriously and now we’re stuck with people who think there are dungeons in this game. Hah. Ridiculous. kitten off.