I think this game's population became offending

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

I’ve played Engi up to level 26 on Fractals and never been kicked once. Running grenades add so much DPS and CC to the group. I even had to kite Legendary Flame.. Flying.. Destroyer.. Thing.. by myself while the other one was ress’ing 3 guys, turning almost wipe to victory.
Eh.. But every class can do that though. Just sayin that Engi ain’t useless kk.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

My main is an engineer but I also run dungeons on warrior, guardian and soon more classes (I like to mix it). While I understand why warriors or guardians are often prefered for group content I also laugh at kittens kicking other classes from party.

Sure, a team of warriors will steamroll some of the content by using greatswords with 100 blades of skill but encounters in dungeons are varied. When situation doesnt allow to faceroll in melee, warriors turn into lumpy turrets with decent damage but kitten worth of utility. Then you get lots of noobs rerolling warriors to “own” and all they own is themselves. I’ve seen lots of warriors spending their good time in downed state becouse apparently their “100 skills” did not worked as intended. My engineer is doing less damage (assuming I am not competing with a downed/dead warrior) but good luck downing him good Sir. Just nope, with all the utility, control and mobility, engineer is a great survivalist in dungeons. Then I have to run around and keep ressing those brave warriors who tried to “100 skill” a champion Ettin in the face. If I would pick my team for a run, for ranged fights I would take engineer over warrior any day (not saying I will dismiss any of them just becouse of their class).

I am not hating on warriors or any other class. In fact I play all of them and I like all of them for what they are. Balance is not yet perfect but any class can be useful in a dungeon when played properly. Some combinations will be better on some bosses but thats it. Sure, if you want to faceroll Subject Alpha, you can take 4 warriors and 1 guardian, stack on him and use 400 blades. But for example I would say that on Lupicus engi is better from warrior. Unless you try to melee him which is a viable tactic, but 95% will stick to ranged since melee is so error sensitive. And good luck Lupicus Sir with trying to down my engineer. Just… no.

TLDR: People who refuse to take X class to a dungeon are kittens. Ignore them and be done with it. You will meet more reasonable players for sure.

Note: One exception which I would say kittens it a bit and justifies class discrimination is Simin (Dwayna boss in Arah P4). But this fight is poorly designed and I already ranted on it in other thread. She is getting changed btw. so with some luck this issue will be resolved soon.

(edited by Awe.1096)

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

In the early days I tot engineers DPS was really terrible and all their had to offer was their turrets. Boy was I wrong. I will prefer a teammate who plays an engineer well over a player using a ranger with equal skill (BTW I never kick ppl because of their classes even ranger or ever refuse to join a party because of said reasons) in general and most probably even over a necro in 90% of the dungeons. Possibly even an elementalist in a few cases.

Its simply because they offer a lot of utility, support AND ranged/AOE/melee DPS, albeit without the reflect and stability granted by the guardian. I dont dislike rangers at all, its just that I feel that Anet should come clean and say it is the designated class for beginners and is a subpar end game profession.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

In the early days I tot engineers DPS was really terrible and all their had to offer was their turrets. Boy was I wrong. I will prefer a teammate who plays an engineer well over a player using a ranger with equal skill (BTW I never kick ppl because of their classes even ranger or ever refuse to join a party because of said reasons) in general and most probably even over a necro in 90% of the dungeons. Possibly even an elementalist in a few cases.

Its simply because they offer a lot of utility, support AND ranged/AOE/melee DPS, albeit without the reflect and stability granted by the guardian. I dont dislike rangers at all, its just that I feel that Anet should come clean and say it is the designated class for beginners and is a subpar end game profession.

I am sorry that your impression of rangers is so low. Rangers can be quite useful and powerful if played right. I would not call rangers designed for beginners. In order to play dungeons well as a ranger you must be able to micro-manage you pet well, which is not a beginner thing to do.

Yes, rangers do have some issues at the moment. Most of the issues rangers face are known by ANet, and they plan on fixing it when they know how.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer