I want to solo Lupicus

I want to solo Lupicus

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I’ve started to solo challenging champs all over Tyria. Yet I can’t go try Lupicus because I just don’t know how to get to him by myself.

I should probably watch some videos, but all the videos I see are videos of soloing Lupicus himself, not how to get there.

For instance, from my experience, the fastest path would be p2. But then, what can I skip and what must I fight? I don’t know (mostly I al. I’m willing to learn, but so many people have gone there that I think this is no secret; I just don’t have access to that.

So please, is there any current guide (text or video) you know that can help me in my goal? I main a guard, so of course I’d prefer something that can focus on that class, but any guide is good and I can adapt

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Watch wethospu’s p2 solo video. He doesnt show how to clear the aboms and any extra trash b4 lupi though.

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

There’s no big secret. It’s the same thing you do in group run. Skip trash kill boss.

I want to solo Lupicus

Fror.2163

Taht’s my point. I can’t go and solo lupi if I can’t pass the trash. I’m not saying that I actually can’t, but I’d like to prepare myself the best before trying.

But well, thanks both for providing the video (you mean the same video, spoj, I guess).

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

You skip the trash the same way you do it while doing group arah run.

Stablity. Mobility skill. Condition removal, sigil of energy etc etc.

There are 2 boss you have to fight before. Just take the time to try yourself. For the 2nd boss, I think having stability helps so when he head bunt you, you can pick up the needle fast and neutralize him.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

You skip the trash the same way you do it while doing group arah run.

Stablity. Mobility skill. Condition removal, sigil of energy etc etc.

There are 2 boss you have to fight before. Just take the time to try yourself. For the 2nd boss, I think having stability helps so when he head bunt you, you can pick up the needle fast and neutralize him.

To abomination/2nd boss: If you dodge when he does the knockback+transform, you only get a very little knockback instead of that huge knockback. You also do not need to dodge his autoattack at all if you use proper positioning and movement.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Path 2 is probably the most solo-able up to Lupi.

As an alternative to how Wethospu does it in his p2 solo, until they fix it Belka can be engaged from 1200 range without her aggroing, so that’s the easiest way to do it.

I heard a whisper that the spider run after Belka has a safe spot you can use to drop aggro, but for myself I just tough it out. Rush moves, leaps, condi cleanse for the cripple and whatever invuln or stealths I have are usually enough to make it through.

The Abomination also has a safe spot, but he’s easy enough if you just stack a few sets of tranq guns before hand (I usually go for 8-12) and just pull him away from the area with the inquest.

Retired. Too many casuals.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

You have to reset belka b4 you can afk range her though (run back to the bone wall so it collapses). Otherwise she teleports around.

I want to solo Lupicus

Fror.2163

Well, thanks all for these insights. I’ll try this asap

I want to solo Lupicus

Broadicea.8294

You have to reset belka b4 you can afk range her though (run back to the bone wall so it collapses). Otherwise she teleports around.

Well I always run back that far to make sure I lose aggro from the run, I never knew it was required. TMYK.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

I meant the bone wall close to the deadeye. Thats where you get ooc if you do it semi legit melee and run out to heal up and remove burn. It makes her reset back to original position, all the barrels stop burning and she stops teleporting around (but her hp doesnt regen). When I just ran to the spot and ranged immediately she always started teleporting, but I could be slightly wrong in how you prevent her from doing that. :P

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I usually just kill the trash so you don’t have to deal with it everytime you run back, especially since you’ll be spending many hours running back after phase 1 fails when you’re learning. On a guardian you should have no issues whatsoever killing the trash between the abom and lupicus.

[DnT]

(edited by Syn Sity.5826)

I want to solo Lupicus

Broadicea.8294

I meant the bone wall close to the deadeye. Thats where you get ooc if you do it semi legit melee and run out to heal up and remove burn. It makes her reset back to original position, all the barrels stop burning and she stops teleporting around (but her hp doesnt regen). When I just ran to the spot and ranged immediately she always started teleporting, but I could be slightly wrong in how you prevent her from doing that. :P

Ah ok you’re talking about resetting her to do a melee. The afkrange spot is just to run all the way to the back watery area, near where the spider trash run begins. Then you can scoot close enough to her and start ranging, and the barrels won’t even start blowing up until she’s at 75%.

And yes I’m giving away SECRETS because idgaf.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

Thats not where i afk range her from! ;d

I want to solo Lupicus

Broadicea.8294

Different strokes for different folks!

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

The bone wall wall never goes up for me (afk version), only if I go the spider entrance before killing Belka.

Op, guard is probably second easiest class for trash runs. With some practice you’ll get it down.

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I heard there was a safe spot for Abom. 2 hours spent learning to solo him for naught _

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I heard there was a safe spot for Abom. 2 hours spent learning to solo him for naught _

It’s not really an AFK fight like Belka is, but there sort of is.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

I want to solo Lupicus

laharl.8435

You have to pop a stability or invuln every now and then, so you can’t play the tp while you kill him, like Belka, which sucks because the abom has so much hp. Half the time it’s better to kill it legit so you don’t fall asleep. But it’s good to know how to kill him legit anyway.

(edited by laharl.8435)

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

I saw 1 of wethopsu vid and pulled him closer to the crashed chopper(?) after prep. But I always killed that 1 orrian drake that was slightly closer to me just in case. Circle strafe the abom anti-clockwise to his back so his AA swipe miss. Dodge AoE stomp. When you get pushed away after enrage, you might need to dodge in case he does the rock throw.

Seriously, after killing him solo you will be wondering how PuGs even managed to get themselves downed in that fight.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

Sometimes the closest drake is the champ drake. So i never kill them. You’ve got plenty of space between them and the inq to kill the abom.

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Well out of the times I tried, I havent encountered that champ. Yet anyways. And it is more of a personal choice as in 1 of the run, I aggroed that drake by accident. So I just made it a point to kill it in case I mess up.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

I did that on one of my first attempts. I just pulled it away and killed it then made sure i never pulled abom that close or let him knock me in that direction when he enrages.

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

The safe spot in the abomination is actually pretty OP, and yes, you can afk abomination but it’s really hard to actually make it a safe spot, it doesn’t always work.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

I want to solo Lupicus

laharl.8435

The safe spot in the abomination is actually pretty OP, and yes, you can afk abomination but it’s really hard to actually make it a safe spot, it doesn’t always work.

How do you get it in a spot where you don’t need stability? You mean range it from somewhere?

I want to solo Lupicus

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You don’t need Stability or Invulnerability. You just have to get knocked down into something so that you can stand back up in the same place.

Brazil

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Get autoclicker on Stand your Ground/Dolyak Signet (traited) and you can afk the abomination.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Chryzo showed it to me, I think it was a bug, he didn’t even move, it was on the top of the ledge and chryzo didn’t lose any hp whatsoever even when it went berserk, he didn’t even use the tranquilizer, I tried doing it but it only worked once but yeah, he akitten melee abomination, according to him, he only uses this method when he’s lazy since abomination is a pretty easy boss.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

I want to solo Lupicus

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

His AoE from enrage doesn’t hit you if you are above him for some reason. Who knows.

Brazil

I want to solo Lupicus

Broadicea.8294

Chryzo showed it to me, I think it was a bug, he didn’t even move, it was on the top of the ledge and chryzo didn’t lose any hp whatsoever even when it went berserk, he didn’t even use the tranquilizer, I tried doing it but it only worked once but yeah, he akitten melee abomination, according to him, he only uses this method when he’s lazy since abomination is a pretty easy boss.

You still can’t completely AFK from there because he will knock you back slightly with the headbutt, and you’ll scoot back just enough that you’re out of his range and he’ll come up the rock to get you. Also, if you’re using a melee weapon, you’ll be in max melee range, necessitating manually pressing #1 (or AHKing lol). I suppose you could use a range weapon, but dear sweet jesus that would drag that already boring fight out so much longer.

Not sure what Brazil is talking about with getting knocked back into a spot where you won’t actually move, though.

I want to solo Lupicus

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You still can’t completely AFK from there because he will knock you back slightly with the headbutt, and you’ll scoot back just enough that you’re out of his range and he’ll come up the rock to get you. Also, if you’re using a melee weapon, you’ll be in max melee range, necessitating manually pressing #1 (or AHKing lol). I suppose you could use a range weapon, but dear sweet jesus that would drag that already boring fight out so much longer.

Not sure what Brazil is talking about with getting knocked back into a spot where you won’t actually move, though.

When he enrages, back up against the wall behind you. It will knock you into the wall but won’t knock you off of your rock. Then you can stand up and continue as normal.

Brazil

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

His AoE from enrage doesn’t hit you if you are above him for some reason. Who knows.

Lack of z-axis.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

I want to solo Lupicus

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Lack of z-axis.

So does your mom

Brazil

I want to solo Lupicus

Broadicea.8294

When he enrages, back up against the wall behind you. It will knock you into the wall but won’t knock you off of your rock. Then you can stand up and continue as normal.

But then you’re out of his range and he’ll come up for you, right? Maybe it’s just perfect positioning, I’ve never been able to get him satisfied with where I’m standing unless I’m really close to the edge.

I want to solo Lupicus

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

But then you’re out of his range and he’ll come up for you, right? Maybe it’s just perfect positioning, I’ve never been able to get him satisfied with where I’m standing unless I’m really close to the edge.

Walk forward again.

Brazil

I want to solo Lupicus

laharl.8435

Walk forward again.

Still not afk.

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

The point is that you don’t need to use stability

I want to solo Lupicus

laharl.8435

The point is, I want to go do my laundry while I kill Abom.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

Do laundry while killing belka instead :p

I want to solo Lupicus

Broadicea.8294

The point is, I want to go do my laundry while I kill Abom.

meet my friend, Mr. Otkey.

Autoh, meet laharl.

I want to solo Lupicus

laharl.8435

Do laundry while killing belka instead :p

That’s not even enough time to make a sammich.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

How much do you put in your sammiches? O_o

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

How much do you put in your sammiches? O_o

You have to fry the bacon, toast the bread, cut up tomato and lettuce, trim the crust. Takes at least 5, more if you include the element heating up

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

And here I just slap some ham or something in some bread and im done. xD

I want to solo Lupicus

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

If you want to AFK, just take him some flowers.

Brazil

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

trying to give him the flowers is painful

I want to solo Lupicus

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Just target him and use skill 4. You can do it from like 8000 range.

Brazil

I want to solo Lupicus

laharl.8435

And here I just slap some ham or something in some bread and im done. xD

What’re you Canadian? Sammiches need bacon.

I want to solo Lupicus

spoj.9672

Im just a lazy englishman. And ofc bacon is good if I can be bothered to fry some. But if im doing that I may aswell have fried eggs and bacon. ;d

I want to solo Lupicus

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Meh you guys are revolting… and here I thought fish and chips was the worst you could get. L2eat filthy casuals.