I wanted to try out pve and a dungeon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Hi!
After i reached 80 with my main i was doing mostly spvp..Just a few dungeons with guildies just for fun..
The other day i said " Lets do some Arah" i made only one path in the past so i was looking forward to do some more..
I used the LFG tool and i found only dudes selling them and some other that said “Warrior-Mesmer Zerkers only”…My main is a Ranger….

The first shock was big.Hey is this a failure or not?
Whatever
I had the impression that dudes were selling paths by carrying the party, means he knows well what to do and how to move in the dungeon so he can carry us noobs till the boss…
But no..The second shock was even bigger…
I payed, i entered and i waited at the entrance for the tokens and the gold…
He was a thief and he was kitting the boss in 1% till the party was full to end it…….

Ok…Are you serious?
How much fail is this game?I payed 60 euros for this kitten?sPvP is fail but i thought was because Anet put more focus on pve and stuff..
So this is what Anet wanted for dungeons?One to solo it and sell it?Did they wanted a few classes to dominate while others just sit there and watch?

You took a great gameplay from the designers team and you turned it into kitten..GJ

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

This is described in the Dungeons FAQ: if you want to play a dungeon but none of the LFGs appeal to you, create one.

Also, the thief was more than probably exploiting. Not that it’s impossible to do it legit (because it is) but because the ratio of people doing it legit and doing it with exploits is much higher on people using exploits.

The problem with Arah is that it’s a gigantic Jumping Puzzle. Nearly every mob can be bypassed one way or another. While ArenaNet doesn’t fix that, you’ll see those sells.

So what I suggest is that you take a look at the FAQ first (in the sticky of this subforum), most of the questions a newcomer asks himself are answered. If you find new questions that have no answers, make sure to write them down so we can expand the FAQ if it’s relevant enough.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Fror.2163

you silly dungeon noobs…

Says who? Oh yeah, our dungeon master that is so good that he pays for Arah instead of running it.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I dream of a world in which people visit the dungeon forums for any reason which does not involve insulting/blaming people or just plain ignorance.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Dardamaniac.1295

I dream of a world in which people visit the dungeon forums for any reason which does not involve insulting/blaming people or just plain ignorance.

As long as you support selling Arah paths dont exept ppl to take you seriously…

Gathering gold is noobish-childish activity…..

Posted by: Ignis Effigia.2318

Ignis Effigia.2318

8/10, laughed quite hard at the “Theres nothing you can teach me you silly dungeon noobs…”
Nice troll

Dardamaniac.1295

Dungeons should be all about 5 guys forming a party, communicate and having fun with the dungeon…Thats a “mature” approach..

One guy exploiting this bad designed dungeon and selling it to other guys just for the gold is totally noobish…..

“kitten , i have like 1000 gold”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Anet is fine with the selling of dungeon paths for gold as long as the sellers do not use exploits, or kick people to sell their slots. It requires skill to solo a dungeon without exploiting, so… Well, I don’t see your point.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Fror.2163

Dungeons should be all about 5 guys forming a party, communicate and having fun with the dungeon…Thats a “mature” approach..

Well, just create a LFG that goes that way. Also, read the FAQ, given your answers you still haven’t done that simple thing.

Dardamaniac.1295

Anet is fine with the selling of dungeon paths for gold as long as the sellers do not use exploits, or kick people to sell their slots. It requires skill to solo a dungeon without exploiting, so… Well, I don’t see your point.

It shouldnt be fine…My point is we bought this game to have fun playing it…Weres the fun when you know that you can also achieve something without even trying…..

“Look i ran a lot of times the Arah but i finally got my gear, i had fun with many guys and on my way there i met some interesting players”

“look i payed 20 g for Arah gear….Y awesome”

Is the first sentence crazy to you?

Dardamaniac.1295

Well, just create a LFG that goes that way. Also, read the FAQ, given your answers you still haven’t done that simple thing.

For the last time, i dont want to make my own LFG….I just find selling paths a very very bad thing….

Am i clear now?

Fror.2163

People have the right to solo and sell (under the condition that they don’t exploit). What can I say more than deal with it? And deal with it by creating your own lfg!

For the last time, i dont want to make my own LFG…. […]

Am i clear now?

You are, but you never said so. So deal with it because ArenaNet’s completely fine with it as you should have known if you had read the FAQ, which you still haven’t done.

(edited by Fror.2163)

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

For the last time, i dont want to make my own LFG….I just find selling paths a very very bad thing….

Am i clear now?

Yes, you are clear and we respect your opinion and willingness to share it, now if you would respect ours, that would be great.
We are just trying to suggest ways of dealing with it, as there is no way we can do anything to change it.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Moderator.9604

Moderator.9604

Hello

As this thread has been derailed into a rather unhealthy and non-constructive conversation, we have decided to lock it.