I wish selling raids wasnt allowed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

At least in the LFG. My guild isn’t too raid focused, so I resort to LFG. And majority of the groups I see in the Looking For More raid tab are always selling groups.

I usually just end up sitting in the Looking for Group tab for a while then give up.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you have a free guild slot, peek down in the LFM forum or in the Raids forum for a raid training guild. I was in a helpful one for a bit until I realized I simply didn’t have the resources to regear as needed and left so as not to clutter their roster. They offered training but also did regular runs and consistently put up LFG’s to fill raid rosters.

I’d name them but I think promoting a particular guild is frowned upon here. Just check the raid/LFM forums for a poster with “Random” in his name

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

If you have a free guild slot, peek down in the LFM forum or in the Raids forum for a raid training guild. I was in a helpful one for a bit until I realized I simply didn’t have the resources to regear as needed and left so as not to clutter their roster. They offered training but also did regular runs and consistently put up LFG’s to fill raid rosters.

I’d name them but I think promoting a particular guild is frowned upon here. Just check the raid/LFM forums for a poster with “Random” in his name

I actually just joined this guild like a week ago; had my first training run ever, first time stepping into a raid (in gw2 anyway), walked out with a Sloth kill was pretty awesome.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

At least in the LFG. My guild isn’t too raid focused, so I resort to LFG. And majority of the groups I see in the Looking For More raid tab are always selling groups.

I usually just end up sitting in the Looking for Group tab for a while then give up.

I think it would be great if ANet would add a checkbox for LFG that allowed people to filter in|out those looking for or selling paid runs. I’m happy that people have found a niche to sell runs of various bits of the game; I’d be even happier if those that aren’t interested didn’t have to manually weed through the adverts.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I actually just joined this guild like a week ago; had my first training run ever, first time stepping into a raid (in gw2 anyway), walked out with a Sloth kill was pretty awesome.

Maybe my problem was my training run was on VG (apparently other fights are easier) and every time the group started to gel a few people left and we got brand new people. Never got the kill, and then the gear spec changed so everything I’d done to make my heal druid ready was for naught. Alas. It’s still a great and helpful guild and people tired of LFG ads should look into it and similar guilds.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Do these selling guilds so overwhelm the “Looking for More” tab that you can’t see non-selling groups? In my experience, they don’t.

If no one is picking you up from LFG, reconsider your post description. Or create your own group. Or join a guild.

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

The most I’ve seen at once was 4.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

So far I’ve only seen 2 at once on EU server.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Maybe my problem was my training run was on VG (apparently other fights are easier) and every time the group started to gel a few people left and we got brand new people. Never got the kill, and then the gear spec changed so everything I’d done to make my heal druid ready was for naught. Alas. It’s still a great and helpful guild and people tired of LFG ads should look into it and similar guilds.

I did a bunch of prepwork with the group pink was with for the sloth training run to ensure people were familiar with their own classes first and then went through all the mechanics on sloth before the fight then again during the fight.

As for replacing people that had to leave, I pulled from my own guild so we wouldn’t have to start over going over stuff with brand new people.

I see a lot of training groups going in and people are just learning by trial by error. Some of them weren’t even that the mechanics were bad; it was that some of them didn’t know how to play their classes at all so breaks and/or dps didn’t happen. My mentality is to take it in steps so learn the basics of your class first (dps and break rotation), learn the mechanics of the fight, then execute them together.