Ice fractal - svanir loot nerfed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So I used to kill the 3 svanir+wolf groups at the end of the fractal because they dropped good loot, at least 10 items. Other people skipped them because they didnt know the good loot. However since latest patch I only gained 0-2 items (same with everyone else from group) from doing them. Good job in making people want to skip even more.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Nothing nerfed just bad rng

Malediktus.9250

I dont believe that. Stuff like this happens way too often after patches to blame the RNG for it.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

It was just bad luck.

Anet make Rev great again.

Malediktus.9250

It was just bad luck.

How can you claim its bad luck if you are one of those people who always skip them? Does not make sense.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

You know what, you’re totally right. Anet looked at those mobs that are skipped 99% of the time and was like “the drops they give are just too kitten good, let’s nerf that”

In fact, they did it just to target you.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Hackmode.7092

Hackmode.7092

Woah woah woah, my friends and I did a run yesterday and we noticed the same thing. None of us, seriously no one, got loot after killing all the mobs on the way to the shaman. Like there was nothing to loot on the bodies, at all. We figured it was just DR since we were already killing a bunch of mobs through our multiple fractal runs. So I’m glad you went out of your way to address this, just ignore all the rude people. If this is happening to others then it might actually be something in the coding.

Posted by: Euphoria.9271

Euphoria.9271

Yep, it’s been nerfed. When we do runs with guildies, we don’t necessary clear all the fractal, but we do kill everything on the way to the boss mobs, because only trash mobs so far have been dropping vials, globs and shards for us. And the mobs in this particular fractal are absolutely worthless now, after this nerf. It’s quite stupid really – if they keep this up, whats the point to require these pink items, if all the mobs that drop them are nerfed and don’t drop anything anymore. I know that there are other fractals that still drop decent loot, I just don’t understand why they nerfed this particular one. It’s not like there are whole lot of these mobs and the drops weren’t any better then the ones from any other trash mob.

What makes me mad the most is that as always loot nerfs are not in any of the patch notes, therefor not giving no explanation for nerfs they make whatsoever.

(edited by Euphoria.9271)

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

I noticed the nerf as well

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

1) Run a dungeon once.
2) Get bad luck on one dungeon run.
3) Blame stealth nerfs.

Right.

Malediktus.9250

Woah woah woah, my friends and I did a run yesterday and we noticed the same thing. None of us, seriously no one, got loot after killing all the mobs on the way to the shaman. Like there was nothing to loot on the bodies, at all. We figured it was just DR since we were already killing a bunch of mobs through our multiple fractal runs. So I’m glad you went out of your way to address this, just ignore all the rude people. If this is happening to others then it might actually be something in the coding.

There is no DR on loot in fractals. It has been stated by devs multiple time already.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

There is no DR on loot in fractals. It has been stated by devs multiple time already.

Except there is. If you want to test, roll for the dredge fractal and attempt to farm the dredge spawns outside the bomb door. After 5 minutes or so of clearing, even miner bags stop appearing.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Feandro.5264

Feandro.5264

There is no DR as far as Fractals Rewards go. so if you run a level 10, 20 times a day, you will always get the chest at the end of each fractal with 6 relics, and the chest with 25 at the end of the Jade Maw.

Normal DR as far as farming mobs goes, still exists. However my thoughts on the issue at hand would be the fact that they respawn infinitely if you keep looping around. And usual infinite mobs in an instance means you get nothing from loot (example Svanir earlier in that fractal). Maybe they changed it because they realized this, instead of doing the logical thing and making them not respawn when you actually kill them.

Malediktus.9250

the respawning svanirs in ice fractal drop nothing, only the 3 groups at the end used to drop good, now 0-2 items for all 3 groups.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

That is not entirely true. There is no DR on the chest drops in fractals. Devs have made no statement regarding the mob drops and boss drops.

Fractals are considered to be personal story quests. The question here is, do mobs in personal story quests suffer from world map DR? Devs never answered it.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

The wolves on the road to Lornarr used to drop t6. They no longer do that.

No farming allowed, no dosh allowed.

Malediktus.9250

Yes, I used to get several t5 and sometimes some t6 from killing them, additionally loot bags and equipment. No longer they do this.

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Just to clear things up on what did indeed get ninja nerfed since January 10 update:

The dark forest path leading to Svanir boss cave with the 3 roaming patrols of Veteran Svanir and Veteran wolves no longer will drop anything. No party member will see any glowing body to loot. The only thing in there that will still give drops is if Veteran Svanir have time to use their summon Ice Brood (wolf) skill, those Ice Brood still yield drops.
Areanet willingly or unwillingly made these 3 roaming patrols equalizing the same mobs of 1st part aka the “bonfire” where you light up the 6 fires and hold up. The waves of Veteran Svanir there also did not drop any loot but their summoned Ice Brood did.

Now hopefully they won’t nerf Ice elementals of phase 2.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I started helping some guild members that were still on low fractal levels.
I first was amazed that the droprate changes this much on lvl 20+ or lv2…
Now i see i am not the only one who noticed the droprates changed :l

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Malediktus.9250

Just to clear things up on what did indeed get ninja nerfed since January 10 update:

The dark forest path leading to Svanir boss cave with the 3 roaming patrols of Veteran Svanir and Veteran wolves no longer will drop anything. No party member will see any glowing body to loot. The only thing in there that will still give drops is if Veteran Svanir have time to use their summon Ice Brood (wolf) skill, those Ice Brood still yield drops.
Areanet willingly or unwillingly made these 3 roaming patrols equalizing the same mobs of 1st part aka the “bonfire” where you light up the 6 fires and hold up. The waves of Veteran Svanir there also did not drop any loot but their summoned Ice Brood did.

Now hopefully they won’t nerf Ice elementals of phase 2.

Question is, why did they do this? Loot wasnt terribly good, but not bad either. Most people skipped them.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

Agreed, since last patch I’ve done the trash 4-5 times and got almost no drops in whole group. 100% nerfed don’t listen to the fanboys go with what we all know, ArenaNet nerf stuff in every one of their trivial patches. Just like the last super critical patch they force on us for 3 small bugs fixes, whatever.

Only stupid people can’t see though there trivial patch notes.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Guess Ill continue to skip this then, whilst telling my team to hurry up.

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Well as we have all learned from plinx or straits your damage in contrast to your team mates greatly affects how many corpses will be loot-able so it will differ from group to group depending on there damage input to yours , regardless if you do the same amount every time. i notice what your talking about in the asca fractal some groups a lot of loot others hardly any as they are laying down more smacks than me.

In saying that they have nerfed the no tele spot for that boss , so that fractal was under the microscope.

Always in all ways

Malediktus.9250

It makes no sense what you said. I am a tanky build and I used to get loot of them just fine.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I can confirm nerfed as well. Not even 1 drop for anyone on my team.

My question is why do this? I thought they didn’t want people to skip? :S

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

That’s not the only one. Did not anyone notice the nerf on drops in Urban Fractal ? It’s clearly there … The actual question is : why stealth updating things ? Why not just be honest ? It’s even more frustrating for players who can receive it as "we’ll steath fix/nerf that, let’s hope players don’t notice ! "

Kain Francois.4328

Why nerf in the first place? If not a bug, I would be very disappointed.

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Report as a bug. Sometimes things break.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Hey folks,

What was happening here was that some of the mobs were respawning in the dark forest area, and they were dropping loot. This meant that the spawns could be farmed continually in an instance, which is something that poses some danger.
We have the tech to turn off their loot without having to patch. Our next content patch will fix the issue with them respawning, and they will have their loot turned back on then once they can no longer be exploited by farmers.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

Thank you for the info, if only the patch notes could be as informative !!.

Good to know the reason thou.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Not to be negative, but considering how bad the loot is from enemies in general, even if you sat around and waited for them to respawn, you’d still get less loot than just restarting the Urban City fractal repeatedly, breaking the door, and farming the dozens of mobs in there. Heck, this farm can even be soloed because of the lovely NPCs. Honestly, if someone sat around the Ice Fractal and farmed the Svanir, they’d be doing themselves a disservice and wasting their own time.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

Looks like all of the nay-sayers are now quiet. Next time instead of trolling/arguing with an OP, why not just move on to the next thread and we’ll all be happy. :-)

Robert, thanks for the update. Good to know.

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

exploited by farmers.

Killing mobs that re-spawn is exploiting? I guess 99.9% of the player base should prepare for disciplinary action.

In all seriousness I think this is both a petty and pathetic route to take. I’m sure someone will regail me with stories of sitting there for hours and killing mobs for actual decent rewards. What a terrible exploit. Recieveing rewards other than Porus Bones for killing monsters.

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

exploited by farmers.

Killing mobs that re-spawn is exploiting? I guess 99.9% of the player base should prepare for disciplinary action.

In all seriousness I think this is both a petty and pathetic route to take. I’m sure someone will regail me with stories of sitting there for hours and killing mobs for actual decent rewards. What a terrible exploit. Recieveing rewards other than Porus Bones for killing monsters.

It’s in an instance. There is zero competition, and there is no one to see you doing it (for bots). That is clearly a big problem.

(edited by Pinch.4273)

Kain Francois.4328

Hey folks,

What was happening here was that some of the mobs were respawning in the dark forest area, and they were dropping loot. This meant that the spawns could be farmed continually in an instance, which is something that poses some danger.
We have the tech to turn off their loot without having to patch. Our next content patch will fix the issue with them respawning, and they will have their loot turned back on then once they can no longer be exploited by farmers.

Alright, thanks you for informing us! ^

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

exploited by farmers.

It’s in an instance. There is zero competition, and there is no one to see you doing it (for bots). That is clearly a big problem.

I’d like to see bots that can bypass the frostbite debuff or are programmed well enough to do the fractal up to that point. We’re not talking about 10 bots tapping out skelk in less than a second.

Posted by: Euphoria.9271

Euphoria.9271

I have absolutely no problem or Anet removing an unbalanced feature before fixing it permanently (if it’s asap). Thank you very much for telling us what had happened. I’m just irritated that this has to be brought up by us and confirmed by 20ish people before getting any official response to this. I really hope this doesn’t happen again, but I guess that is too much to ask.

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

exploited by farmers.

I’d like to see bots that can bypass the frostbite debuff or are programmed well enough to do the fractal up to that point. We’re not talking about 10 bots tapping out skelk in less than a second.

All you’d need to do is have players reset fractals level 1 constantly until they get the ice fractal, get to that point in it, and then activate their botting magic (I have no idea how bots actually work, sorry :P). Then they can just keep at it, barring dcs.

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

Malediktus.9250

exploited by farmers.

Remember bots are often using teleport hacks, they can teleport anywhere they want in the fractals.

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Doesn’t have to be a single bot farming. You could bring in 5 accounts, kill up to the elemental before turning on the bots, and then move them to the mob respawning location and let them bot away. It’d be more efficient with 5 anyways, since loot multiplies.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

And here we thought not many people knew about this ;p

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Remember, no farming allowed.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hey folks,

Do you guys have the technology to do that without impacting stuff like on kill sigils and traits? This is more to do with the Personal Story aspect of things but it’s extremely annoying that both of those things stop working at a time when they would be most useful.

Malediktus.9250

The loot is still nerfed. Do something.

Posted by: Xephier.1647

Xephier.1647

Hey folks,

I agree the patch notes should reflect such things as to keep the players in the loop, but at least someone actually replied to a thread concerning it, that’s more than ya get from SOE/bliz.

Malediktus.9250

See, he promised next content patch will fix the issue. Guess what, it did not. Another broken promise.

Posted by: Wasabee.5031

Wasabee.5031

This is the first MMO that PUNISHED the players in loot rewards if players tried to farm.
In general, lot of players would enjoy, motivate themselves to go kill mobs in hope of receiving some good loots. Not in this game, loot drops nerfed, DR cap. So if you stay at one place, killing 1 type of mob or repeating the same dungeon for over 2 hours (CoF p1,) you will hit the ceiling fast.

I never saw MMO in the past that restricted players from farming, instead they encouraged players to go farm. I know some players do not like farming but some players do like. People may say because of bots so ANet nerf’ed the loots. That is a lame reason. Bots will exist in any MMO, nerf’ed loots, DR cap will only hurt the real players not bots.

Nerf’ed loots to solve bots problem showed that ANet had no clue on how to deal with bots. They just slammed out a dirty quick fix which in return hurts their own player base.

Only reason for game that nerf, cap the loot table is they run out of things to offer to players. They are afraid of players reaching the top and obtain all goodies way too fast (if they spent time farming)

This game will never grow into legendary term as MMO’s Killer. I am afraid if the game continues in this trend (bugs not fixed, nerfs everywhere) then the only player left to play this game at the end of the year 2013, is dev.

To Dev: I still have hope in this game, please don’t shatter my hope.

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

This is the first MMO that PUNISHED the players in loot rewards if players tried to farm.
In general, lot of players would enjoy, motivate themselves to go kill mobs in hope of receiving some good loots. Not in this game, loot drops nerfed, DR cap. So if you stay at one place, killing 1 type of mob or repeating the same dungeon for over 2 hours (CoF p1,) you will hit the ceiling fast.

I never saw MMO in the past that restricted players from farming, instead they encouraged players to go farm. I know some players do not like farming but some players do like. People may say because of bots so ANet nerf’ed the loots. That is a lame reason. Bots will exist in any MMO, nerf’ed loots, DR cap will only hurt the real players not bots.

Nerf’ed loots to solve bots problem showed that ANet had no clue on how to deal with bots. They just slammed out a dirty quick fix which in return hurts their own player base.

Only reason for game that nerf, cap the loot table is they run out of things to offer to players. They are afraid of players reaching the top and obtain all goodies way too fast (if they spent time farming)

This game will never grow into legendary term as MMO’s Killer. I am afraid if the game continues in this trend (bugs not fixed, nerfs everywhere) then the only player left to play this game at the end of the year 2013, is dev.

I didn’t finish reading past “This is the first MMO that PUNISHED the players in loot rewards if players tried to farm.”
Reason: You clearly did not play Gw1. They nerfed about every build that allowed you to farm solo ( Under world especially… the w/rt got nerfed a lot, along with others ). IMO I think they want you to farm in groups…but hey I could be wrong.

Posted by: Wasabee.5031

Wasabee.5031

I didn’t finish reading past “This is the first MMO that PUNISHED the players in loot rewards if players tried to farm.”
Reason: You clearly did not play Gw1. They nerfed about every build that allowed you to farm solo ( Under world especially… the w/rt got nerfed a lot, along with others ). IMO I think they want you to farm in groups…but hey I could be wrong.

Nerf’ed build = encourage people to farm in group.
Nerf’ed loots, DR cap = encourage people to stop farming.

Malediktus.9250

Also GW1 was not a MMORPG, it was a CORPG.