Icebow Nerf

Icebow Nerf

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

-_- forum bug so I won’t be able to see a response lol (btw fantastic work as always anet).

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

2. In the case the boss cannot be deep frozen or rooted, moving (small hit box) bosses inside the ice storm aoe take a considerably more damage than stationary bosses. So the same suggestion wouldn’t be really a nerf to ice bow damage.

Arn’t where the blobs of ice fall random? A moving boss seems just as likely to decrease its damage taken by moving within the aoe, as it is to increase it. Obviously if the boss moves out of the aoe it will take less damage. Am I missing something?

I would say the density of the impacts will more likely increase the damage if the target moving within the aoe. It’s also less likely for the same spot to be hit multiple times since you have a bigger aoe and same numbers of shards. You can observe it yourself by having Mossman chilled, run towards you inside the ice storm, or going to PvP and ask someone icebow you.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Personally I don’t see why that developer was so smug about the nerf. Pretty much everybody knew that skill was over-performing for a long time, and yet sledgehammer “balance” literally years behind, on the brink of an expansion, he thinks is mic-drop worthy? It was pretty cringe worthy honestly.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

It was cringey, but they always manage to manage to deliver it as cringe…

The fact that they act exactly like a PHIW would react if they were given the wheel of the company, just goes to show the whole company is turning into them.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Given a chance, I would have delivered the “message” in exact same way.

Never was a fan of burst-it-before-it-can-react playstyle so I’m quite happy with the nerf, very happy actually.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Would’ve been much better to just read it in small print on tuesdays patch notes.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Never was a fan of burst-it-before-it-can-react playstyle so I’m quite happy with the nerf, very happy actually.

Ya, but the Icebow was never the problem.You can’t burst-it-before-it-can-react the Archdiviner in fractal 50. Even in record run situation this fight take around a minute and the icebow burst last for a couple of seconds at the beginning. So clearly the Icebow wasn’t the problem. It’s low level dungeon with super easy boss that can be destroyed by icebow that was the problem.

Anet just destroyed a part of the game simply because part of their content is too easy.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It was cringey, but they always manage to manage to deliver it as cringe…

The fact that they act exactly like a PHIW would react if they were given the wheel of the company, just goes to show the whole company is turning into them.

Yea…that whole ‘us vs them’ mentality may make the world easier to understand, but you’re not really seeing what’s going on when you oversimplify things like that.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

gonna be a tad slow on big bosses:
PS: "Storm Spirit similarly give 3 stacks of Swiftness every 3s " … on a static minion…

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s so sad that even on reddit all those plebs rocking necro and ranger flairs think this will somehow make their class more appealing, like they are mad at the world because they picked a garbage class at launch and never bothered to change. Elementalist is a high skillcap class, smallest hp pool in the game on light armour, it only makes sense that the highest risk has the highest reward to play. Even if raids were remotely challenging I doubt icebow would be used anyway as their are much better survivability options or you could just go with the glyph of power to keep even more chill on bosses.

Don’t worry ele’s will still be able to carry raids, even if anets whack-a-mole balance policy continues the exact same thing has happened with fgs and look where eles are today.

lol this fool talking about skill cap on a class that can do the strongest DPS ingame outside melee.

Try doing mossman/archdiviner with ranger mainhand sword and get back to me about skill cap.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Given a chance, I would have delivered the “message” in exact same way.

I agree with you in that it needed a nerf and that play style is unfun.

But… the mic drop. Pretty corny and certainly lame in the sense that they’ve taken how long to simply drop the damage by half. if they came up with a more creative change, sure, act however you want, but really? It should be more “sorry for leaving this around so long, we wanted to do something with it to keep it in regular use but have it not be overpowered and nothing really seemed to work because of the exploits that can be used with it, so we’re just halving the damage”

I don’t know, I’d feel guilty if I were them.

But, not like any of that matters, yay it was finally nerfed.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Ya, but the Icebow was never the problem.You can’t burst-it-before-it-can-react the Archdiviner in fractal 50. Even in record run situation this fight take around a minute and the icebow burst last for a couple of seconds at the beginning. So clearly the Icebow wasn’t the problem. It’s low level dungeon with super easy boss that can be destroyed by icebow that was the problem.

Anet just destroyed a part of the game simply because part of their content is too easy.

Well, a few fractal bosses can be burst down quite well with icebow, such as bloomhunger and molten duo. However, there are also a lot of smaller bosses such as mossman, diviner, mai who are not affected nearly as much by icebow.

My guess is that this nerf is more so about the fact that raids will probably have large enemies and large clusters of enemies. And less about dungeons.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

The ridiculous burst currently in meta which kills bosses under 15-8 secs without them doing anything and the ease with which you can pull it off ( stack some might + ice bows) is because of ice bows. Would have preferred a rework since we have once more only useless conjures.

Icebow Nerf

Taku.6352

Ppl are just going to slot LH over IB and use 4 on it. And then for example ranger could easily keep it and auto with it to get better dps than normal sword auto.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

LH 4 will do half the damage of the new IB 4 (according to the wiki) so I don’t think LH will be a thing ( at least not for this skill).
Ice bow still has DF which is one (if not THE) longest CC in game : negation of damage for 5 sec, still strong support.
It won’t disappear directly after patch. My only concern is if they homogenize all bosses with defiant bars after HoT maybe IB5 won’t see any advantage anymore.

Icebow Nerf

Taku.6352

Asura ranger with technobabble can do 6 second daze and after druid comes out any ranger can do 6s AoE daze on 5 second cooldown.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

About time.
Engi on top of food chain now XD

Omnomnomnom!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Asura ranger with technobabble can do 6 second daze and after druid comes out any ranger can do 6s AoE daze on 5 second cooldown.

I kinda expect them to nerf MoC tbh

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

When druid comes out bosses will have a breakbar anyway.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Icebow Nerf

Iris Ng.9845

Why didn’t I make an asura ranger!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Icebow Nerf

Taku.6352

Yea in new areas but old content will still have defiance until they get around to changing them.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Yea in new areas but old content will still have defiance until they get around to changing them.

IE never

Icebow Nerf

Iris Ng.9845

The longer the duration of the CC, the faster the breakbar will get consumed. Also the breakbar is only available at a certain time, like right before a big attack. So it depends on how fast you can pull off your CC. Thief is still great with Basilisk Venom + Headshot.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

You can make it 8 sec with mesmer runes! Another 6 sec CC would be war with “fear me!” and 100% condi duration. But yeah, IB still dominates because you can pull that CC off without sacrificing much dps through crazy gear choices.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

IE never

Old content is having basic break bars being put in with HoT.

The longer the duration of the CC, the faster the breakbar will get consumed. Also the breakbar is only available at a certain time, like right before a big attack. So it depends on how fast you can pull off your CC. Thief is still great with Basilisk Venom + Headshot.

This will be confusing when the bars get released, does a 3sec stun take off twice as much as a 1.5 sec? What about a 3sec daze? or a 6sec chill? 6 sec cripple? immobilize? is a 750 knockback twice as much as a 375, how does a knockback compare to a pull, daze, fear?

Icebow Nerf

Iris Ng.9845

IE never

Old content is having basic break bars being put in with HoT.

This will be confusing when the bars get released, does a 3sec stun take off twice as much as a 1.5 sec? What about a 3sec daze? or a 6sec chill? 6 sec cripple? immobilize? is a 750 knockback twice as much as a 375, how does a knockback compare to a pull, daze, fear?

I have no ideas how they are gonna rate soft CC over the breakbar consumption. But for hard CC, the duration of the disabled effect matters. I could imagine knockback range hardly has any effects.

Icebow Nerf

Jerus.4350

I wonder what will happen to Mai Trin if I can’t cripple/chill her not fun ANet, not fun.

Icebow Nerf

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I wonder what will happen to Mai Trin if I can’t cripple/chill her not fun ANet, not fun.

Speed boost, walk sideways.

Icebow Nerf

Jerus.4350

Speed boost, walk sideways.

yeah yeah I know, but I like my chills/cripples.