Idea: LFG system improvements

Idea: LFG system improvements

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

I believe the current LFP/LFG system is not often used because it’s lacking in features — especially for methods to let others know what you’re LFG for. While I believe that adding a ‘comment’ section to the current LFG would easily solve the problem it would introduce an undesirable aspect of people using the LFG system to advertise things like their guild or gold selling.

So therefore I present the following ideas for improving the current LFG system.

(1) Allow two main checkboxes for players who flag themselves as LFG.
(a) General LFG. For those who are just looking for someone to adventure or farm with.
(b) Specific LFG, for dungeons.
(2) Specific LFG would allow players to select several checkboxes for dungeons they’re willing to run, including the ability to choose between story and explorable modes.
(3) Existing parties can search the list of players who are LFG so that they can invite them to the party.

It would be a complicated system to design, but I think it might help cull down on some of the spam in Lion’s Arch and give players the option to not have to constantly advertise for fear of missing a potential party member or group.