Idea for fract merchant BUY-4373

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

This merchant robot sells for the normal fract token backpieces etc.
But prestine tokens can be also spend here for only Ascended rings.

Sugestion:

10 prestine for 1 normal ascended ring (now)
20 prestine for infused ascended ring (future?)
50 prestine for ascended trinket (future?)
100 prestine for ascended armor chest (future?)

Fract tokens

10 for Blood dust per 3
10 for Empyreal fragments per 3
15 for dragonite ore per 3

Maybe someone else have good ideas too make your tokens getting of any use?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Fractal armour sets.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Snuckerpooks.2019

Snuckerpooks.2019

Fractal armor sets would be really cool. Maybe some dyes specific to the color range of fractal weapons.

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

sounds good, as someone who is doesn’t enjoy crafting, id be running fractals a lot more if i could get ascended armor from them. even 100runs per peice sounds better than crafting.

Since ascended wepons came in i always thought fractal weapons should drop as ascended anyway, but perhaps an item to ‘ascend’ exotic gear?

Opacus.4390

@ Huntsforge,

Well yes people that don’t like crafting or simply does’nt have the money for can obtain a ascended via this option.

Also for the peeps that dont have any luck in there daily fract chest can obtain this after a while.

Also was thinking the fractal weapon skins for people

If you could buy them also for let’s say 100 Prestine tokens. I think that it would make a lot of people happy. Sinds you can work towards that skin insted of RNG insted of seeing other people run away with that skin.

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

Yea i like the idea! This would definitely encourage more people to do fractal. Even if we don’t get anything from the reward chest we can still grind those tokens and exchange whatever we want in time instead of praying to rngesus every time we click that fractal reward chest.

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Posted by: alfieb.4506

alfieb.4506

BUMP get this idea going!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would support this idea. And to add to that list:

- 250 Pristine Relics = 1 Fractal Weapon Chest.

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

I would support this idea. And to add to that list:

- 250 Pristine Relics = 1 Fractal Weapon Chest.

Way too much. to get 250 pristine relics one must do 250 full runs. that’s 50 days if you do EVERY tier. Way too many.

And IF they need to buy a weapon after that many runs, the drop rate is too low to begin with, therefore they need to drop that number down. I’d actually say that 25 pristine relics (5 days minimum) per fractal weapon chest is about right. Ascended armor/weapon chests for pristines at the rates stated in the OP will help trim the number of pristine relics in existence just fine. Fractal weapons aren’t as rare or prestigious as what 250 pristines would suggest.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I always thought that Fractal weapons were intended to be one those “take a year to get” weapons, to be honest. My main gripe with them is how they are locked so far behind RNG that you could play the game for 7 years and not get the skin you want, through sheer bad luck.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I always thought that Fractal weapons were intended to be one those “take a year to get” weapons, to be honest. My main gripe with them is how they are locked so far behind RNG that you could play the game for 7 years and not get the skin you want, through sheer bad luck.

If they were intended to take a year to get. I wouldnt see people runnign around with it and not have the fully ascended backpiece, and getting it on their first fractal 20. (which i witnessed when i first got into fractals lol.) The second part i completely agree with u. It really is just luck luck luck. Forgive me but fractal weapons is one of two things that makes me bitter in this game. Hardly try for the weaps anymore and im now moving on working on a legendary. At least i know with the grind i put into a legendary ill hav it 4sure one day. In fact, i’ll likely have spent less time making the legendary than i have getting nothing in fractals! sad…….

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

They shold put back prefractured weapon % plain and simple.

They were easy enough to provide an incentive to run high level fractals without giving them too easy since you had the random skin.

That were 18,something % at 48 of a random skin (and 0% at 10 really -.- NOBODY ever dropped one at 1X prefractured…….and i ’d lower slightly to 15% since now there is the wardrobe).
Against a rough 5% now….

@Ominibus..
It took a year to me to get the one i needed.
They are skins and the only rare skins in game not gold related…they should be reasonably hard to get since you can play without them.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Opacus.4390

I agree with AkGeo 250 would be a over the top price.
100 prestine tokens is a set amount of time spending on something you need or want.
Without the RNG factor it’s a goal to work too.

So at this time the ideas are:

Ascended mats, fractal weapons, fractal armor Ascended trinks and weapons/ armor.
Are there some other people with nice ideas that can be implemented?

(edited by Opacus.4390)

OMNIBUS.2913

@Ominibus..
It took a year to me to get the one i needed.
They are skins and the only rare skins in game not gold related…they should be reasonably hard to get since you can play without them.

They can be reasonably hard to get without rng…that would be nice for everyone…… Lets not forget the newer fractal people running aroudn with fractal weapons cuz they got luky. I’m going over a year now although lately i run fractals scarcely cuz of crap rewards. Focusing on legendary now cuz it at least i can 100% get it. I’m still bitter cuz i designed my look on my guard based around fractal stuff and prestige i really dont care about, i only care about my char looking awesome.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Just reverting droprate to prefractured would be enough.
I got all skins at that time.

(about 18% at max level).

Its current droprate that is irreasonable and also bugged since really lot of people reports drops being better at lower levels (see also reddit statistics).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Wulfje.6103

Wulfje.6103

BUMP, pretty good idea!!!

OMNIBUS.2913

Just reverting droprate to prefractured would be enough.
I got all skins at that time.

(about 18% at max level).

Its current droprate that is irreasonable and also bugged since really lot of people reports drops being better at lower levels (see also reddit statistics).

Or get rid of rng. Becuz pure rng is frustrating causing people to grind longer than they should for a non legendary while others put in hardly any work and sometimes get lucky. Last thing i want is for them to just leave it rng..so i can get my 4th fractal warhorn, no thnx. Lord Byron you have no arguement justifying rng being the best way for everyone to earn these. Becuz its not, gradual progression is the way to go.