If you kick me from a group I started

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Then I hope something truly bad happens to you . Today I started a CoF p1 group. All my lfg description said was “need opener”. Yeah, someone opened it, they kicked me the second I got in to the instance.

If you want a group with no engineers, make your own lfg that says so. I made that group with the intention of quickly running the easiest dungeon in the game, you had no right to kick me out.

Posted by: Sedrigoth.1978

Sedrigoth.1978

You can’t just do story and open your own instances? Seems like the best solution to me

Warr- Asura Warrior
Trollberius- Charr Guardian
Drink The Antidote- Human Engineer

Khyber.2693

You can’t just do story and open your own instances? Seems like the best solution to me

Did the stupid story on my other char, didn’t want to do it again. This still isn’t an excuse for blatantly kicking me from a group I kittening started. If they had an issue with me, they should have started their own group.

Posted by: Sedrigoth.1978

Sedrigoth.1978

I agree it’s no excuse, but even though story sucks to do again, it is worth it to be able to open your own instances. Then if people do kick you they get a lovely loading screen too

Warr- Asura Warrior
Trollberius- Charr Guardian
Drink The Antidote- Human Engineer

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

Sad about what happened, but maybe it’s just a rare issue.

I’m trying to not get left behind when Engineers make a breakthrough so I’ve started playing more as Engineer in dungeons. I’m not a top-level player of [insert class here], but I played enough as warrior/guard to mostly know which weapons/skills/traits for which particular dungeon situation, and planning to extend learn Engi as well.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’m trying to not get left behind when Engineers make a breakthrough so I’ve started playing more as Engineer in dungeons. I’m not a top-level player of [insert class here], but I played enough as warrior/guard to mostly know which weapons/skills/traits for which particular dungeon situation, and planning to extend learn Engi as well.

Engineers are OP as proven to me by Element.

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Sry only 1 Mesmer 4 Warrior in CoF /end sarcasm

It’s hard for pug’s to change, it will take a long time before they understand Engi is great for pug runs. Guess I’ll prepare myself, as I’m lvl’in my Engi. At least it will get my Thiefs ascended armor if I like it. ^.^

#Puglyf

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Khyber.2693

I highly doubt we will be making any breakthroughs, we are far from a bad class though. We bring a lot of damage to the table, especially with grenades. We also have ridiculous utility and the ability to blast our own finishers quickly and well. If you can master a class like Engi or Ele you can pretty much extend that mechanical knowledge to everything else.

Point is, we’re far from trash. We’re not optimal, we don’t run the absolute fastest, but we’re not going to actually hinder the run if we play right.

Khyber.2693

Sry only 1 Mesmer 4 Warrior in CoF /end sarcasm

It’s hard for pug’s to change, it will take a long time before they understand Engi is great for pug runs. Guess I’ll prepare myself, as I’m lvl’in my Engi. At least it will get my Thiefs ascended armor if I like it. ^.^

#Puglyf

They just don’t know how engis work. They assume that bc they don’t see a lot of us that we’re a bad class. Just gotta prove them all wrong, the skill ceiling of our class is really high. We’re at least middle tier as far as dungeon running goes.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Engis are in the same hole as rangers. Bearbow and flamethrower Engis completely ruin class rep in pug runs and makes it harder for anyone who knows what they are doing to get a group. Both of the professions are strong assets to dungeon parties when running proper meta builds.

Khyber.2693

Engis are in the same hole as rangers. Bearbow and flamethrower Engis completely ruin class rep in pug runs and makes it harder for anyone who knows what they are doing to get a group. Both of the professions are strong assets to dungeon parties when running proper meta builds.

I get that, but regardless kicking me out of the group I started is ridiculous.

I’m not a flamethrower engi though (I use it to farm Orr, and that’s it). I run a grenade/bomb kit build, my third utility switches between tool kit, elixir gun and elixir S depending on what the group needs. I think I do a kitten good job.

Edit: Just in general if someone made an lfg you should generally be polite enough not to kick them from the group they made themselves. Either run with them or don’t join the group at all. Besides, it was only CoF p1, it does not take a genius to run it.

(edited by Khyber.2693)

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

I hate FT engi’s. I don’t care about what pug’s run anymore, gave that up long time ago…but when they start killing my FPS, we have a problem!

I’d take a grenade/bomb kit engi everywhere, as long as they know how to stack might/stealth and give me all the vurnabilty in the world.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Khyber.2693

I hate FT engi’s. I don’t care about what pug’s run anymore, gave that up long time ago…but when they start killing my FPS, we have a problem!

I’d take a grenade/bomb kit engi everywhere, as long as they know how to stack might/stealth and give me all the vurnabilty in the world.

Like I said earlier, flamethrower is only good for farming imo. I’m specced for nades and bombs. Of course pugs don’t know that, for all they know I’m in clerics gear with flamethrower rocket boots xD but I’m not, it would be nice if I got the benefit of the doubt at some points.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

What I find sad about this thread is that the only way ANet was able to create an incentive to run a story mode dungeon on an alt was to tie story mode completion to being able to open an explorable path.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Then I hope something truly bad happens to you . Today I started a CoF p1 group. All my lfg description said was “need opener”. Yeah, someone opened it, they kicked me the second I got in to the instance.

If you want a group with no engineers, make your own lfg that says so. I made that group with the intention of quickly running the easiest dungeon in the game, you had no right to kick me out.

Starting a group doesn’t magically make you the boss and owner. You still need the consent of the team to do what you want. Your story is also suspect since people don’t just kick for no reason. I suspect it was because you either were not cooperating with the team, bad mouthing them, or you were too low lvl.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

In my “no-requirement” parties, I often see rangers or engis coming. And it’s a “no requirement” party. Well, even knowing that, I see people kicking the ranger or the engi. The ranger or the engi sometimes just said “hi”, but maybe that’s a bannable offense these days?

So no, DeathPanel, kicking for simply showing up in a dungeon as ranger or engi is a real thing. Unfortunately.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

In my “no-requirement” parties, I often see rangers or engis coming. And it’s a “no requirement” party. Well, even knowing that, I see people kicking the ranger or the engi. The ranger or the engi sometimes just said “hi”, but maybe that’s a bannable offense these days?

So no, DeathPanel, kicking for simply showing up in a dungeon as ranger or engi is a real thing. Unfortunately.

Party chat is an exploit

Khyber.2693

Starting a group doesn’t magically make you the boss and owner. You still need the consent of the team to do what you want. Your story is also suspect since people don’t just kick for no reason. I suspect it was because you either were not cooperating with the team, bad mouthing them, or you were too low lvl.

I made the group, all I said was “hey guys”. We got in and they kicked me. I’m level 80 and was nothing but nice.

Dude, people do actually kick because of your profession, and if they kick you from a group that you started because of your class they need to kitten off. If you want a group with no engineers then make one yourself, if you join a party with a engineer starter expect to run with them. Don’t kick them from the easiest dungeon in the kitten game from a group they started when they have been nothing but nice.

Khyber.2693

Exactly, you would think we would at least be allowed in those types of parties. Then you get those people who automatically assume that you will be garbage and hold everything back and kick you while not even giving you a chance. It’s not like the groups I make are requirement parties, the closest I have ever came to a requirement party is “please have a good amount of agony resist”. It’s unjustified, I hate it. I love my class, I know that I’m not optimal, but I am far from useless. It would be cool if people wouldn’t be kittens and kick me from groups I start.

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

^this

just force them to do the dungeon with you by opening it well they can still kick you if they have another opener but it’s more annoying for them and really depends on having another opener.

I understand what you mean though. I think it happened to someone I joined a few days ago(I didn’t click anything. the other 3 kicked him >.> ). I’m generally a bit scared after being kicked a few times because I play ranger(people… as if the one minute it takes longer with me than with another berserker sheep would be worth the hassle of waiting 5 more minutes for said sheep).

(edited by Nanashi.6297)

Khyber.2693

Got kicked from another party today, my entire group wiped on the wolves at the beginning of COE, cussed ME out and kicked me. Of course it’s all my fault that you all died too right? -__- I’m seriously considering rolling an ele or a warrior at this point, at least then people will not think I’m the reason everything bad is happening.

Edit: I promise I’m not trash ;__; I’m getting kicked a lot more than I’ve ever been kicked, even on my necro.

(edited by Khyber.2693)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Flamethrower engis are really good.

Khyber.2693

^this

just force them to do the dungeon with you by opening it well they can still kick you if they have another opener but it’s more annoying for them and really depends on having another opener.

I understand what you mean though. I think it happened to someone I joined a few days ago(I didn’t click anything. the other 3 kicked him >.> ). I’m generally a bit scared after being kicked a few times because I play ranger(people… as if the one minute it takes longer with me than with another berserker sheep would be worth the hassle of waiting 5 more minutes for said sheep).

Yeah, thinking I’m going to go do all the stories soon so I can force people to run with me.

Yeah no, the time difference between having a ranger or having like a guard is not even that great. Especially if the ranger knows what they’re doing. I’m actually considering making a group or guild for people who do not care about the classes they run with so we can always have groups that are trustworthy (IE not PUGS).

Khyber.2693

Flamethrower engis are really good.

At the moment our ft kit really isn’t as good as bombs/nades. But ft is getting a buff with a blast finisher soon, so that may change.

J Eberle.9312

Nah they’re pretty good.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Bomb kit will still be superior. Bomb kit vs FT will be short cd firefield with damage + long cd high dmg blast vs low cd decent damage blast with long cd fire field. If fire fields are permanently covered and fights are extended then FT will be better. Every other situation bomb kit will be better.

J Eberle.9312

Sorry but you have failed to account for FPS.
I’m getting maximum feels per second, ergo, it’s pretty good.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Crap :<

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Got kicked from another party today, my entire group wiped on the wolves at the beginning of COE, cussed ME out and kicked me. Of course it’s all my fault that you all died too right? -__- I’m seriously considering rolling an ele or a warrior at this point, at least then people will not think I’m the reason everything bad is happening.

Edit: I promise I’m not trash ;__; I’m getting kicked a lot more than I’ve ever been kicked, even on my necro.

Are you on EU or NA?

Khyber.2693

Are you on EU or NA?

I’m on NA.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I made the group, all I said was “hey guys”. We got in and they kicked me. I’m level 80 and was nothing but nice.

Dude, people do actually kick because of your profession, and if they kick you from a group that you started because of your class they need to kitten off. If you want a group with no engineers then make one yourself, if you join a party with a engineer starter expect to run with them. Don’t kick them from the easiest dungeon in the kitten game from a group they started when they have been nothing but nice.

It’s never happened to me and I’ve done cof with all my 16 characters 2 of which are engineers. Also even if that did happen it’s not a big deal considering you got kicked in the very beginning and lost little to no time. You can easily start another cof p1 team and have it fill within a minute and be on your merry way.

My point is this type of thing is not commonplace or a big deal.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I think it’s really messed up if the LFG said “everyone welcome” or didn’t have any restrictions put upon it. I’m sorry that happened to you OP. If you ever want to come into arah, look me up. I’ll gladly take an engi

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

@OP best to find good casual dungeon runner friends and guilds. Then look them up.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

What could be happening in these kinds of kicks is that the players who join your party do not know who was the one who created the party, and they were unaware that they were kicking the one who (through the LFG tool) asked for their help.

They probably don’t even know that the LFG inviter is the one whose profession icon is the leftmost one in the LFG Tool window.

Of course, they’re still snobs for kicking another player based on profession choice alone. But they’re probably not as callous that they consciously kick the party founder.

I can offer only a general tip to let people know you claim “party seniority” over them (in a friendly and polite way), and that is to not greet them with a “Hello”, but with a “Welcome”, or better yet: “Welcome all”. This lets them know that you were there before they were, and subconsciously encourages them to behave like guests and to treat you as their host.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

There is no excuse to being an Engineer.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Don’t see what’s wrong with a good engineer.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

#engineermeta #waitingforFGSnerf

Attachments:

Khyber.2693

I think it’s really messed up if the LFG said “everyone welcome” or didn’t have any restrictions put upon it. I’m sorry that happened to you OP. If you ever want to come into arah, look me up. I’ll gladly take an engi

Ty for the offer <3

Khyber.2693

What could be happening in these kinds of kicks is that the players who join your party do not know who was the one who created the party, and they were unaware that they were kicking the one who (through the LFG tool) asked for their help.

They probably don’t even know that the LFG inviter is the one whose profession icon is the leftmost one in the LFG Tool window.

Of course, they’re still snobs for kicking another player based on profession choice alone. But they’re probably not as callous that they consciously kick the party founder.

I can offer only a general tip to let people know you claim “party seniority” over them (in a friendly and polite way), and that is to not greet them with a “Hello”, but with a “Welcome”, or better yet: “Welcome all”. This lets them know that you were there before they were, and subconsciously encourages them to behave like guests and to treat you as their host.

Even so, what is the point in kicking me? Am I really that big of a hindrance compared to the average PUG warrior guardian or ele? I know how to play my class quite well, yet I still have to jump through hoops to get people to not put me into this box of “engis are trash hue” or kicking me outright.

Khyber.2693

You have to be trolling, you just have to be. There is no other way you could be this ignorant. Does it ever occur to people like you that some people may enjoy playing a class that isn’t one that is favored by the meta? God forbid I want to run a simple dungeon like CoF or CoE on my engineer :/

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Like everyone says, make yourself kick-proof by doing story and starting your own explore groups from inside the instance you start. If you can’t be bothered to do story again then that’s your problem. Quit coming here to complain. Engineers and Rangers have this problem, and it’s unfortunate. Starting the group isn’t enough. You have to start the instance if you want to really stick it to them.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

OP, if you were on EU, I’d have gladly run all the stories with you, but alas.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Khyber.2693

Like everyone says, make yourself kick-proof by doing story and starting your own explore groups from inside the instance you start. If you can’t be bothered to do story again then that’s your problem. Quit coming here to complain. Engineers and Rangers have this problem, and it’s unfortunate. Starting the group isn’t enough. You have to start the instance if you want to really stick it to them.

I’m going to.

I didn’t post here to merely complain, I also came here to spread a message that kicking people because of their profession at the beginning of the easiest dungeon in the game is bullkitten.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

So, yesterday I got kicked from my party by two trolls while I was streaming xD

I was playing my necro with two friends in CoF P3 and put up this LFG :

“P3 exp zerk melee, ping gear or kick 30K AP+”
Not only did they not have 30K AP, they surely weren’t zerk :c

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

(edited by Enaretos.8079)

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

So, yesterday I got kicked from my party by two trolls while I was streaming xD

I was playing my necro with two friends in CoF P3 and put up this LFG :

“P3 exp zerk melee, ping gear or kick 30K AP+”
Not only did they not have 30K AP, they surely weren’t zerk :c

lolrekt.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

This is probably the 11 hundredth time I’ve commented on this… but… Unlock story mode for the dungeons you run frequently with what toons.

Even if it’s boring… it only has to be done once per toon. Open as many dungeons as possible! /endrant