Im I the only one who hates Fractals?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: wewod.6834

wewod.6834

Nobody wants to do any other dungeons, and fractals bores me…..

GW 2 IS AWESOME.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I was able to get other groups other than Fractals.

Try gw2lfg.com

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Correction, you don’t like fractals. You can’t really hate something until you have a good understanding of it. If you have a good understanding of fractals, boring is not a thing fractals does well to players, especially compared to regular dungeons.

Plenty people hate fractals for being hard, for being buggy, for being a cheap ploy on ANet’s part, for the gear it brings out. You don’t hate it, you just like other dungeons more.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

No, I really enjoyed them for the first few run-throughs because they don’t have waypoint zerging and compared to the original dungeon set they have fairly good gameplay mechanics and settings (Cliffside fractal is amazing) but after doing multiple runs of level 10 and getting to 19 I just can’t be bothered doing it anymore. They’re such a chore, and pugging through them is so robotic – it’s the same way, same exploit for each boss every time. Not only this but they also suffer from the damage sponge problem – Jade Maw is incredibly boring, Lornarr is just a damage sponge. There are some really fun fights like the evolved shaman but it doesn’t make up for having to grind through all the other glitchy kitten… 10 times… just to get some little stats.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Just found a group for TA explore in under 5 minutes. If you can’t get a group for other dungeons then it’s because you’re too lazy to go and get a group.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

No, I really enjoyed them for the first few run-throughs because they don’t have waypoint zerging and compared to the original dungeon set they have fairly good gameplay mechanics and settings (Cliffside fractal is amazing) but after doing multiple runs of level 10 and getting to 19 I just can’t be bothered doing it anymore. They’re such a chore, and pugging through them is so robotic – it’s the same way, same exploit for each boss every time. Not only this but they also suffer from the damage sponge problem – Jade Maw is incredibly boring, Lornarr is just a damage sponge. There are some really fun fights like the evolved shaman but it doesn’t make up for having to grind through all the other glitchy kitten… 10 times… just to get some little stats.

hate the ascended gear, not the dungeon.
the dungeon and the ascended gear should be considered 2 entirely different tings.

the dungeon is great, like you say. and you say that the only down side is the “grind” but similar things can be said about every other dungeon. to get a full set of gear from a dungeon you need to get 1350 tokens. 1350/66 (you get some mysterious bags as well every run) that’s around 20 runs. sure, you could argue that they don’t have any superior stat. but, if you don’t think the stat is worth it. don’t do it. you don’t need the stat. the only way you’ll ever need those rings is if you plan on going over fotm lvl 20. and well, if you are going over 20 then you obviously think the dungeon is fun.

jade maw is one of the best bosses in the game to this date because of his mechanics. sure he is very easy once you learned how to beat him. but he is still fun. (part from the undodgable agony, that’s just poor design)

Writetyper.1985

hate the ascended gear, not the dungeon.
the dungeon and the ascended gear should be considered 2 entirely different tings.

the dungeon is great, like you say. and you say that the only down side is the “grind” but similar things can be said about every other dungeon. to get a full set of gear from a dungeon you need to get 1350 tokens. 1350/66 (you get some mysterious bags as well every run) that’s around 20 runs. sure, you could argue that they don’t have any superior stat. but, if you don’t think the stat is worth it. don’t do it. you don’t need the stat. the only way you’ll ever need those rings is if you plan on going over fotm lvl 20. and well, if you are going over 20 then you obviously think the dungeon is fun.

It’s good mechanics, but the who idea of the dungeon is built around replayability but it’s just not built to be fun when it’s replayed. It would be nice if it had some more alternate paths or slightly more random encounters or less stuff you could just skip past, but it’s not – it’s practically the same every time. Do you not see what’s wrong with that?

jade maw is one of the best bosses in the game to this date because of his mechanics. sure he is very easy once you learned how to beat him. but he is still fun. (part from the undodgable agony, that’s just poor design)

Hahaha are you kittening serious? Sure is fun standing here waiting for RNG to pick me so we can get this kitten over and done with faster.

Honestly if we had the option to fight Lupi or something instead of the Jade Maw then I could probably find the motivation to finish my 4 more daily runs for a ring. Lupi’s a tad harder but at least I’m not tempted to fall asleep halfway through like Jade Maw.

really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

DancingPenguins.9875

Part of it is because you are still playing at the tutorial stage. The dungeon gets more exciting when you can no longer survive 1 or 2 hits. Then it becomes a game of team coordination.

Writetyper.1985

Part of it is because you are still playing at the tutorial stage. The dungeon gets more exciting when you can no longer survive 1 or 2 hits. Then it becomes a game of team coordination.

I’ve never played a game where the tutorial stage is grinding through tripe for ~20 hours.

really bad engineer

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Like other people said http://gw2lfg.com . I am able to run both dungeons and fractals and find groups no problem. I love fractals myself.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’ve never played a game where the tutorial stage is grinding through tripe for ~20 hours.

This is one of my biggest issues with FotM. I am a heavy alt player, I have 5 level 80 toons (ranger, mesmer, guardian, engineer, elementalist) and I can enjoy AC on any of them whenever I want. I really enjoyed seeing how differently a guardian played compared to a ranger, or a mesmer to an engineer. The different tools and trick you can use to be very effective (and the patterns you begin to recognise in skills like blocks/reflects when fighting Kholer) can be really rewarding. FotM is designed in a way which strongly punishes me for bringing anyone other than a chosen main into the dungeon. Grinding a dungeon when I know I’m better than the current level, is really frustrating. I understand the desire to give players a sense of progression (that was the perceived problem at the time, that was what ArenaNet had their sights on, that was the theme of the FotM update and what caused so much controversy, progression), but when you want to play with your friends or your guild (or anyone at all) it REALLY sucks to have several characters on level 1. Instead of logging in, deciding to play my ele today and doing what I want, I log in, decide I want an ascended ring and feel shoehorned into my ranger.

It’s a very large amount of grind, especially considering it’s something like 35 paths if they all go perfectly before you get a chance at a ring. My problem with this experiment in progression is that it’s building up several walls to prevent me from playing how I want. I can’t play with my friends, I can’t play on all my toons and I have to grind through several levels of content before I can access to items I want to access (and I have to repeat it if I want to do it on another character). I have a lot of issues with FotM, but grinding to level up a dungeon (and repeating it on all my toons) is one of my biggest ones.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You’re not the only one.

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

I dislike fractals as well.

They were fun the first few times, when I ran them with 4 other guildmates on Teamspeak.

Afterwards, the novelty wore off.

Because of the level restrictions, it’s difficult to continue up the level ladder consistently. Unless you have a dedicated group of 5, you’ll have to play with randoms.

I have never tried fractals with randoms. I think about it, and I’m afraid to do it, because most fractals seem like it would be a nightmare to do with pugs WITHOUT voicechat, and many fractals aren’t just “go in and clear,” but some require more than just “fight mob, move on,” which makes me wary of pugging this for fear of constant wipes and time consumation.

Dungeons like AC, CM, TA, can be pugged for the most part since they are mostly “fight mob, move on.” I just don’t see fractals with pugs as a pleasant, fun experience. I see it as a potential nightmare.

This is why I’ve neglected fractals for a month, but due to the monthly, I might just have to bite the bullet and try pugging, and just pray that everyone knows how to run the fractals.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I dislike fractals as well.

They were fun the first few times, when I ran them with 4 other guildmates on Teamspeak.

Afterwards, the novelty wore off.

Because of the level restrictions, it’s difficult to continue up the level ladder consistently. Unless you have a dedicated group of 5, you’ll have to play with randoms.

I have never tried fractals with randoms. I think about it, and I’m afraid to do it, because most fractals seem like it would be a nightmare to do with pugs WITHOUT voicechat, and many fractals aren’t just “go in and clear,” but some require more than just “fight mob, move on,” which makes me wary of pugging this for fear of constant wipes and time consumation.

Dungeons like AC, CM, TA, can be pugged for the most part since they are mostly “fight mob, move on.” I just don’t see fractals with pugs as a pleasant, fun experience. I see it as a potential nightmare.

This is why I’ve neglected fractals for a month, but due to the monthly, I might just have to bite the bullet and try pugging, and just pray that everyone knows how to run the fractals.

I pugged my warrior to 30 a while back. Now I’ve got my guardian to 20 pugs only. Sure there are times when it’s frustrating, but most of the time things go quite well. My guild rarely does fractals.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I like the old dungeons better than fractals, fractals were nice the first few times but then it gets too repetitive. I know other dungeons are the same thing but at least we have 8 dungeons with 3 diff paths each meanwhile fractals are just 9 very short ones.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

DancingPenguins.9875

I have never tried fractals with randoms. I think about it, and I’m afraid to do it, because most fractals seem like it would be a nightmare to do with pugs WITHOUT voicechat, and many fractals aren’t just “go in and clear,”

Any dungeon group requiring or suggesting voice chat is a red flag in my book, it speaks volume about the expectations and abilities of the players in question.

The thing with fractals is, if you want to have a good time in fractals, you always have to stay ahead of the curve. Anywhere else, and the quality of the player dips dramatically. This is why so many of us like fractals. We don’t touch the lower end, and at the higher end, we can expect clean and competent groups for the most part, with the one or two poor performers or spoiled brat ending up on the blocklist.

Posted by: Michael.7943

Michael.7943

I would have liked it better if they had fewer difficulty scalings. The reason why they have 80+ lvls is for people to faceroll fotm untill they fix the actual dungeons.

DancingPenguins.9875

I would have liked it better if they had fewer difficulty scalings. The reason why they have 80+ lvls is for people to faceroll fotm untill they fix the actual dungeons.

Scaling is fine right now. The idea is to segregate players by capabilities. It’s a problem in regular dungeons where you don’t know if the pug is truly reliable until the run is well underway. With the amount of scaling, you can have a rough gauge of the person’s experience and abilities before entering.

For the longest time, 30 and 40 were guaranteed to be mostly competent players. Even now, grouping for fractals at higher end is significantly less frustrating than any dungeon.

I personally wouldn’t mind such scaling the remaining bits of PvE content that hasn’t already done so.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I love them.For me personally they are awesome.Arah and FotM is the end game for me in GW2.I have a steady group to do them.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)