Impossible to raid Saturday/Sunday

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

This may become even worse depending on your timezone. If you don’t play GW2 at reset, it is extremely difficult to find a group to raid. Especailly on Saturday and Sunday, it’s even more difficult to spot any groups in LFG tab. I strongly believe that many players find Friday-Sunday the golden time to play GW2…

Any thoughts?

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

If people find it to be the golden time to play then if they wanted to raid then they would. If you can’t find a group for what you want, start one, I’ve lead groups as late as Sunday with pugs and they fill within minutes usually.

Ryudnard.2587

If people find it to be the golden time to play then if they wanted to raid then they would. If you can’t find a group for what you want, start one, I’ve lead groups as late as Sunday with pugs and they fill within minutes usually.

Well I guess it’s just my timezone then. Don’t you still agree that it’s hard to find groups on Saturday/Sunday?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Have you considered finding a raid guild that is active when you want to play?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Î have 0 problems to find groups at the weekend. You don’t even need to have many LIs.

Also remember yourself: Raids weren’t meant to be pugged. It’s a cool thing that it’s possible but it wasn’t intended to do so.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Raids weren’t meant to be pugged.

Pure conjecture.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Pure conjecture.

Dev statements leading up to raid release seemed to support his comment.

Vinceman.4572

Pure conjecture.

Ty, I was late.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Pure conjecture.

Yep, Devs stated raids are guild oriented, not pug. But it turned out to be easy to do with randoms.

Vinceman.4572

Yep, Devs stated raids are guild oriented, not pug. But it turned out to be easy to do with randoms.

So, the OP is doing something wrong, or not? ^^

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

If most raiders r like me, they would repeat same raids multiple times in a week just for the lulz. So I dunno but I feel that ppl just don’t wanna repeat some of the more troublesome and time consuming raids more then once. So take for instance, a TC/xera run .. hardly worth effort to do over again. Then something like spirit woods, well that speak for itself …

Again I feel I’m just projecting but I have a sense that’s more or less true

Arun Kar

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So, the OP is doing something wrong, or not? ^^

The OP is factually wrong to say it’s impossible, since clearly all sorts of people manage to raid with PUGs on Saturday & Sunday.

I don’t think the OP is doing “something wrong”; I just think they’d have better luck asking for help on how to find the groups they want on the weekend.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

so what can anet do about it?

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I raids with pugs only. Don’t hv a guild to raids with. don’t hv issue getting raids done after monday :/

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I mean, given when Raids reset, not a whole lot since most of the week people are trying to get their clears.

Maybe if they changed reset to Friday, but then you would have the people who have Wednesdays/Thursdays free complaining about the times.

…One easy way is to simply add more raid content. Why? Because it’ll take longer for people clearing said days before the weekend to do all the raid content. Heck, the introduction of more raid content will likely leave more players without clears on Forsaken Thicket / Bastion of the Penitent available to do those if they so choose on the weekends.

Variety is the spice of life after all.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

to be clear they design the events with guilds or organized groups in mind. If a pug can clear the instance, then it’s just fine.
As for OP’s claim, I personally have little trouble finding groups in the weekends, although they are few in between. The freedom of choice is terrible, especially as PS, since that’s always the first role filled.
If you want a guaranteed spot at any time, play a highly demanded role like Chrono or Druid, or better yet, an axe-axe warrior with shaman’s gear, those are in very high demand

FrostDraco.8306

Pure conjecture.

Everything i have read has referred to organized/like minded groups. Not guilds specifically.

I’m gonna need a citation.

Vinceman.4572

Stop nitpicking and derailing the thread although the message of the devs was clear: It’s challenging group-oriented content so raids rather tend to be up for guilds than random people.
Nuff said.

Ryudnard.2587

I kind of want to do pugs runs.

Amaimon.7823

I kind of want to do pugs runs.

But you can join a raiding guild, which is essentially pugging with better odds.
RTI for example has a wide variety of skill levels when it comes to raiding. Some are on 10LI, some are over 300LI, the point of RTI is that it’s all social and all-welcoming. So you just shout a boss or wing in the guild chat and see if 9 other people respond. Usually takes me a few minutes in RTI to get a group.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I mean, given when Raids reset, not a whole lot since most of the week people are trying to get their clears.

Maybe if they changed reset to Friday, but then you would have the people who have Wednesdays/Thursdays free complaining about the times.

…One easy way is to simply add more raid content. Why? Because it’ll take longer for people clearing said days before the weekend to do all the raid content. Heck, the introduction of more raid content will likely leave more players without clears on Forsaken Thicket / Bastion of the Penitent available to do those if they so choose on the weekends.

Variety is the spice of life after all.

well they will add more raids thats for sure

Talindra.4958

its very happening atm… I just took screenshot. sunday morning it usually be busy like this in EU until night time right…. I think NA is a bit dead.

Attachments:

Australia

Talindra.4958

I read a few of the msg up there. I have been pugging my raids every week. some weeks I missed. and I have commulated 500 li from purely PUGS . because my gaming time is different being oceanic player in EU server I have to pug since I don’t play during EU peak time. I disagree that people say raids only for orientated group if so how did I get my 500 li from? well.. it is for everyone whether it is static group or if you don’t have static group . You can still pug. I just joined xera today with no li. and we got first shot kill. why because exp people are more casual now and they join any group to have fun.
you get what you need eventually.

Australia

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’m gonna take hyperbole for 500 Alex!

Impossible is what you make of it. If you expect to be pulled through raids at the behest of others then that’s what it will be. If however, you join a guild that raids on saturday, and there are those that do, then it will cease being an impossible task.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Pure conjecture.

Everything i have read has referred to organized/like minded groups. Not guilds specifically.

I’m gonna need a citation.

It’s from one of the twitch videos they did prior to the expansion launching. I don’t have time to find which one, and how far into it, but perhaps this would else someone else locate it.

Edit: Actually did a quick search and got lucky.

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/26/gw2-twitchcon-designing-raids-in-heart-of-thorns/

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

FrostDraco.8306

Stop nitpicking and derailing the thread although the message of the devs was clear: It’s challenging group-oriented content so raids rather tend to be up for guilds than random people.
Nuff said.

It’s not nitpicking. And it wasn’t a derail, it was a direct question tied to the subject at hand. If you would like an actual derail, that can be arranged.

The point was it does not say specifically guilds, which after listening to the video, and reading the transcript, which still doesn’t specifically say it’s for ‘guild’ groups.

How about just admitting it was plain wrong to say so? Or is that too hard? Groups are not always guilds, in fact most groups are not. If you have ever been in a guild, or run one, you would realize they aren’t exactly as reliable as a real static that doesn’t care for the ‘guild’ association. They said “core nit group of people, who think about their builds and skills” verbatim, not a guild.

Nuff said. Get on my level dude.

Which reminds me, the reason its hard to spot groups or at least decent groups on saturday/sunday imo, is because they are filled up quite fast. Most of them appear to be training runs or VG, its harder to find groups for bosses past the first wing on sat/sunday, which is normally more for casuals.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

Vinceman.4572

It’s not nitpicking. And it wasn’t a derail, it was a direct question tied to the subject at hand. If you would like an actual derail, that can be arranged.

It was a derail. Period.

How about just admitting it was plain wrong to say so? Or is that too hard? Groups are not always guilds, in fact most groups are not. If you have ever been in a guild, or run one, you would realize they aren’t exactly as reliable as a real static that doesn’t care for the ‘guild’ association. They said “core nit group of people, who think about their builds and skills” verbatim, not a guild.

Nuff said. Get on my level dude.

Was it me who used the words “guilds”? Definitely not!

You questioned my words of raid not being meant to be pugged in the first place with “Pure conjecture” and it’s clear that you have been plain wrong here because a pug isn’t an organized group per definition. It’s not even wrong, you were brutally wrong.
Rethink about your level.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Find a consistent raidguild that runs at the times you’re available then.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Boogzillaz.8417

Boogzillaz.8417

I’ve lead raid for Saturday / sunday ;v

Thief – Engineer – Warrior – Elementalist – Guardian |
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

I can raid Saturday but cant find 5 more people. Anet fix pls.

Amaimon.7823

I can raid Saturday but cant find 5 more people. Anet fix pls.

that’s propably because I’m usurping all the people
just kidding, I can’t replicate your problem, though, it doesn’t take me longer than 15 minutes to get a party ready on the weekends