In an ocean of complaints..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I just wanted to thank you guys for implementing the no-rez in combat. There are some glaring issues that do need to be addressed (stuck in combat for a number of reasons) which somehow made it through quality assurance, but that’s not the point.

Just try and look past all the complaints. It’s not the end of times. GW2 dungeons now feel like something that you have to overcome with your team, not a zerg-fest with no punishment system (cmon even repairs are cheap). Not to mention people have seemed to appreciate the support I provide them now: protection, regen, aegis, etc..

The feedback from the vast majority of my in-game mates agree and welcome this change.

So from us true dungeon fans: Thanks!

Pic1: General dungeon forum feelings
Pic2: The rest of the dungeon community

Attachments:

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I couldn’t agree more. Most people who come to the official forums come to complain. I hope arenanet knows that a lot of the players who are satisfied with the game and its changes won’t bother to visit the forums. So it seems like most the pve community hates this changes. But I’m positive the only people against this change are bad players who run dungeons only for tokens, and not for fun and to be challenged.

Posted by: Arthur.9243

Arthur.9243

I agree. I’m relatively inexpericenced with dungeons cause I’ve spent most of the past few months working on my legendary and other than AC the other dungeons just didn’t fit in timewise. Now that all I need is the precursor I’ve been spending a little more time doing dungeons because I’m a completionist and want to get all paths done.

But to the point, I did COE path 2 last night (post patch) and three of were first timers, and honestly, with a little teamwork and effort our group conquered the last boss after 2 tries. Although it was obvious were WP rushing would’ve made the dungeon run way too easy.

Posted by: Agaetis.4518

Agaetis.4518

Thumbs up to u sir!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

the issue is the same problem with gw2 management:

Go against the players first, the blancing in favor will be left in the “to do things”

Actually they balanced just 2-3 dungeon paths according to the new dungeon mechanic but they released on all of them the same…

See what they did to cliffside some months ago…se what they did to undergorund fractal few days ago….

if they introduced that mechanic only in dungeons they balanced, it would ve been awesome ._.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Couldn’t agree more. If it makes you feel better it’s a vocal minority.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Dashwood.3215

Dashwood.3215

What he said. Definitely a very good change.

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Casual players do not have time to overcome anything. They want to log in for their 2 hours of free time and enjoy themselves.

All these ideas that are clearly designed for elitists and hard core should have been made in a separated “Hard Mode” just like GW1.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

I feel that’s an insult to casual players. I don’t view casual players as players who want less challenge or anything of that type but a group of players who take their time progressing as needed due to whatever issues they have going on. This change really impacts those unable to learn game mechanics or those who refuse to use them. I have played with some casual gamers who, while still dying a fair bit, weren’t horrid players because they looked at the mechanics. On the other hand I have dealt with some people who play a lot and die tons because they look to just stand and hit stuff with a sword all day. Don’t confuse the two groups.

Personally I love where this patch is forcing the game to go. It makes people look at the best way to approach things and adds penalty to being dumb. I have had PUG groups that kept zombie zerging certain parts in AC and were getting no where, that wouldn’t happen now because you are forced to stay together and work collectively more. Yeah it sucks when the tiny screw ups or cheap mechanics get you but over all it isn’t too bad.

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

I feel that’s an insult to casual players. I don’t view casual players as players who want less challenge or anything of that type but a group of players who take their time progressing as needed due to whatever issues they have going on. This change really impacts those unable to learn game mechanics or those who refuse to use them. I have played with some casual gamers who, while still dying a fair bit, weren’t horrid players because they looked at the mechanics. On the other hand I have dealt with some people who play a lot and die tons because they look to just stand and hit stuff with a sword all day. Don’t confuse the two groups.

Personally I love where this patch is forcing the game to go. It makes people look at the best way to approach things and adds penalty to being dumb. I have had PUG groups that kept zombie zerging certain parts in AC and were getting no where, that wouldn’t happen now because you are forced to stay together and work collectively more. Yeah it sucks when the tiny screw ups or cheap mechanics get you but over all it isn’t too bad.

I couldn’t agree more. Please please please everyone stop using the term ‘casual’ to mean someone who can not learn to dodge to save their life… (literally). Casuals have limited playtime, not limited ability. Casuals ALSO have real lives and understand that the would does not come on a silver platter, and you do NOT need to get everything. Life is about choices and sacrifices, and that is what makes those choices special… anyone with kids can tell you that.

Love the dungeon changes. When I log on for an hour after a long day at work, I don’t want to be spoon fed exotics… I want an Adventure!

Posted by: andreibianu.8051

andreibianu.8051

What a load of bullkitten. Your bloated ego keeps you from realising that this new wp denial is but another hindrance in a long list of dugeon inconsistencies. The dungeons were always unpleasant( artificial difficulty , cheap mechanics and abysmal loot) worst of all they are as much fun as pulling teeth . They were just a means to and end. The only reason people even bothered with them is because of those bloody tokens.
But now even more stick and even less carrot.
If you and the other die-hards out there want a challenge then run the dungeons geared in blues and THEN pound your chest while filling the forums with such laughable input.

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

What a load of bullkitten. Your bloated ego keeps you from realising that this new wp denial is but another hindrance in a long list of dugeon inconsistencies. The dungeons were always unpleasant( artificial difficulty , cheap mechanics and abysmal loot) worst of all they are as much fun as pulling teeth . They were just a means to and end. The only reason people even bothered with them is because of those bloody tokens.
But now even more stick and even less carrot.
If you and the other die-hards out there want a challenge then run the dungeons geared in blues and THEN pound your chest while filling the forums with such laughable input.

Bloated ego? I was thanking the game company for making one of the best changes to dungeons thus far. By the attitude of your response it seems someone else has ego issues..

The funny part is I agree with some of your points, artificial difficulty being one, lack of loot definitely apparent. But regardless, the waypoint change stands as an improvement from a functionality standpoint. Dungeons were made to be a party/team challenge, after all. Now groups will actually feel like they have to look out for one another, which has already been apparent in my recent dungeon runs.

Means to an end? You’re telling me people ran MC and BWL (WoW) over and over and invested hours because they found the fights fun, not because of the loot that could possibly be rewarded after all the time investment? (more often than not, useless loot would drop too, remember that.) Newsflash, there is no change to the carrot or the stick. The only difference is you can’t zerg dungeon content, you’re required to play it as it was intended.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: DonYawnful.1062

DonYawnful.1062

About your last point, I prefer running dungeons my way.

Attachments:

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

When it is a bug it isn’t exploiting

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

While it’s nice to hear more than the complaining voice on these forums, don’t make the mistake of assuming one ‘side’ of the issue is bigger than the other.

You have no idea.

Posted by: Noir.3241

Noir.3241

I couldn’t disagree more with what you said. Many players die because little errors( like little lag or 1 min d/c), i saw quite skilled players dying many times with no chance to res anymore – are they all dumb?!?!. Also, sometimes the environment doesn’t allow res (take cof p3 final boss where if you die in lava and no one can res you – then 30 min waiting). Forcing players to play carefully when there are external environmental things that might distract them is ridiculous. And the punishment of waiting is too hard. Not everyone can be 100% into the game and anet doesn’t have the right to demand it!
The term " Casual player" is kitten and those who use it think themselves like being more than others ( not my job to judge about this, but it says that you have the time and desire to play while there are many ppl that don’t have so much time and play for fun)! Its majority of the players….so as i wrote in the other post…what should they do gather herbs?!?!?
its not about the loot. i personally never cared much about prestige! Oh yea i’m a game millionaire – spare me! its bout the fun and waiting 10 min for res or 30 min for wipe is pretty far from funny.
In the end Anet promoted the game as different where ppl won’t wait for monks to res them, wont grind for loot ( all players who had legendaries in 2 months didnt grind? yes! they made em with 1-2h a day), and most of all will be able to play the way they see fit. And here you said it “the update forces the game in 1 direction” which is exactly the opposite of their announced intentions. It not about me or you, its about what happens to the majority of the players most of the time.
you keep babbling about how ppl will care about the others but that never happens – so welcome to the real world! ppl rage quit, kick others, searching for exploits( like skiping parts and such), and discriminate classes.
To George Steel’s
– Not to mention people have seemed to appreciate the support I provide them now: protection, regen, aegis, etc..
Its not about your ego!( im not allowed to be rude!) PPl want either fun either loot so wake up – you are an mean to an end and no one plays to appreciate your skills except your friends maybe or to flatter your ego. Further more since they forced revive in such rude way ppl will demand it from you , no one has to be grateful when he/she doesn’t have other options. When you create a post try to be at least little objective because in your coment i see nothing but " i this , i that".

P.S. Objective means to say advantages and disadvantages!

(edited by Noir.3241)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. That’s why you go there as a group of 5. If you do a fatal mistake your party should be there to get you up.
Sure, there are some broken encounters but they are fixing them.

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Waiting for 10 minutes because you died at the beginning of a boss battle due to a stupid error is not fun. Neither is getting spoon fed ‘success’ without a high likely-hood of failure.

Ill take one ‘I died, and had to wait’ un-fun run once in a while over EVERY run being a trivial boring time sink.

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

Casual players do not have time to overcome anything. They want to log in for their 2 hours of free time and enjoy themselves.

All these ideas that are clearly designed for elitists and hard core should have been made in a separated “Hard Mode” just like GW1.

Well done sir, you have just insulted both the so called casuals and hardcore

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

I’d call myself a ‘casual’, I’m able to play a few hours an evening. Whats wrong with the ‘story mode’ providing some of the mechanics (but not overly punishingly so) that are needed to learned so that players can build skills for the explore modes?

I would not count myself as a kitten player that needs to be fed rainbows but I don’t have 24/7/365 to invest in: waiting for a group, watching Youtube videos, reading and actually making a run.

I’d love to see a video of an ‘elite team’ outfitted in all level specific WHITES and no trinkets make a run. Surely if this is a ‘skill based’ game, remove all the gear and see what happens.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Posted by: badges.1583

badges.1583

I just wanted to thank you guys for implementing the no-rez in combat. There are some glaring issues that do need to be addressed (stuck in combat for a number of reasons) which somehow made it through quality assurance, but that’s not the point.

Just try and look past all the complaints. It’s not the end of times. GW2 dungeons now feel like something that you have to overcome with your team, not a zerg-fest with no punishment system (cmon even repairs are cheap). Not to mention people have seemed to appreciate the support I provide them now: protection, regen, aegis, etc..

The feedback from the vast majority of my in-game mates agree and welcome this change.

Pic1: General dungeon forum feelings
Pic2: The rest of the dungeon community

Heh!! great Rawwrr pictures there.

Tell ya what. Lets do this.. I will give you my level 30 warriors gear and then you can solo AC while I take pictures. Then I will post the pics showing how cool you were!

Right, I am sure you will just jump on that challenge. But if your saying its because you know your class, the dungeon and all the other things about your " I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" you will meet at AC in overflow, where I will sacrifice my hard won armor and weapons or a reasonable facsimile, and weapons so you can show all casuals how spanking easy it is to do these dungeons.

Seeya there! Oh wait, you won’t come will you? Because the gawdlike armor and weapons that somehow even a level 80 deleveled to 30 mitigate more damage than a group of real level 30 players wouldn’t allow you walk through unmolested.

You’re happy because we are unhappy since we basically don’t have your cool gear and the dungeons own us. Let me invite any DEV to AC with my armor lets see how they solo it.

So my takeaway is simply this. Dungeons are for elite players, events are for the rest of us..
MOAR EVENTS DEVS.
Thank you for your support.

Posted by: Noir.3241

Noir.3241

Waiting for 10 minutes because you died at the beginning of a boss battle due to a stupid error is not fun. Neither is getting spoon fed ‘success’ without a high likely-hood of failure.

Ill take one ‘I died, and had to wait’ un-fun run once in a while over EVERY run being a trivial boring time sink.

I see that you don’t get it at all. What i said is :
1. Some ppl have the time to wait some doesn’t. You cant judge em equally. Opportunities.
2. ‘I died, and had to wait’ is exactly what anet said they want to change because by their own words is unpleasant and boring experience.
3. My words apply to majority if the players and the PUG teams. Good guilds are well organized and always can make smooth runs, so to them this question is irrelevant. If they are soo good they wont die and wont need WP. Thus the update affects unly less skilled players or little mistakes. To believe that Anet did this to make the players more skilled is to say the least delusional.
4. In last few days i had too much rage quiters and too much angry ppl playing with. And like you said on the other topic "there always gonna be “fools”, so how exactly this will make the fools to be better?!? It just wont.
besides spoon feed success?!?! for me personally fun is playing without dying. not the loot not, not the speed not the prestige is important.
Some facts – you cant res fallen in the lava players ( and the boss dies extremely slow) in cof p3. Most of players cant res in CoE ( almost impossible to res in CoE p3). Finally i personally extremely hate exploits but the harder it becomes more players are searching for bugs and exploits in the game like CM p1( one guy even posted a pic above), skip 1st alpha in all CoE paths , p2 directly to p3 later and probably many more that i don’t know ( that’s way beyond boring and pathetic than having a trivial but story-going run) . This is how in real life such forceful updates change ppl, they don’t make em more honest or helpful.

Posted by: UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

I think by and large most people agree that in an ideal system waypoint zergs would be absent.

The problem is that current dungeons are so badly designed that waypoint zergs are more or less necessary for anyone other than experienced players to have any chance at completion.

Most of us aren’t unhappy about waypoint zergs going away, we’re unhappy that (once again) they made the difficulty up, fun down change first, and promised that they would lower the difficulty and increase the fun in the future.

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

+1

Oh and I thought I was the only one who knew of that “method” of doing CM given that I figured it out on my own…

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Just for the record, since this thread has turned into a topic about gear and elites, a full exotic set is easy to get. And players like myself who had the game since launch are familiar with having to do dungeons long before having an exotic set. And any good player will tell you, having an exotic set doesn’t mean you don’t need to learn to play. You still need to dodge to survive. And dodging is something anyone can do whether they are in blues or exotic. If you don’t want your survivability to be up to you, then you need to play a game with dedicated healers and tank. I love the combat in this game and I find it very refreshing to not have holy trinity.

And being a casual is not synonymous with being a bad player. Being casual just means you don’t play for extended periods of time. Being a bad player just means you either are unable to learn the mechanics of your profession, monsters, and the game in general, or unwilling to. This change simply doesn’t cater to bad players. It has nothing to do with being a casual player.

If your excuse for being a bad player is cause you’re casual, then I have to say that excuse it pretty pathetic. Evading damage by rolling is a core element in this game. Either get with the program or it’s just not for you.

And dungeons are recommended for 5 people. If someone does happen to make a fatal error, we’re all human afterall, you have 4 other people to pick you back up.

Just for the record. I don’t know anyone in this game, whether they be so called elitist, or casual, who watches boss fights videos to learn the mechanics before doing the dungeon. This game isn’t hardcore like that. There aren’t any raids or serious content in this game. This entire game is really casual. 99% of people, including both “elitists” and casuals, learned to play simply by playing. Now if playing the game is simply just too hard for you, then just say that. No need to throw stones at anyone or call them an elitist because they’re good at the game.