In-game LFG needs fixes/features

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Okay, i’ll try to point out at the issue without being harsh or anything but it frustrates me immensely lately.
Please Anet fix the LFG tool. Seems a lot of ppl is totally UNABLE TO READ or lazy to even read properly an lfg till the very end, so generally it happens:

• You ask a guardian or an x specific class and whatever else joins in.
  • You ask for a lvl 80 player, an horde of under lvls come and fill the spot.
  • You ask a certain amount of Achivement Points or Agony resistance or whatever else pre-requisite (like for example: must have done this at least one time) to be sure you are not going to spend 3 hours for something that takes 1 hour or less, and who join have no clue of what you’re talking about. With the consequence you spend 20 minutes kicking people and posting again.
    Please put a future that can prevent people not meeting the requisites you’re asking for, to join those parties that ask for specs.
    Alternatively you can force certain ppl to read but I dont think that will happen any soon!
    I dont really want to sound elitist or anything but really – I dont like myself the extreme ‘’exp ppl’’ stuff -, i dont want to be rude and respect everyone, but this is really hitting my nerves and need to be adjusted accordingly.
Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I always get tired when I advertise for a certain player and I get 5 or so idiots joining thinking I’m not going to gear check them( when I even say I am in the ad) and that they can just slip on in and go regardless of what’s specified in the advert.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Just use the gw2lfg.com site. People too dumb or too lazy to read generally do not use that site, so you’ll have a better selection of players.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

swiftpaw.6397

Just use the gw2lfg.com site. People too dumb or too lazy to read generally do not use that site, so you’ll have a better selection of players.

I get my fair share of idiots there too, but I have to agree there are less of them compared to the ingame feature. Still a lot though T_T

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

I get my fair share of idiots there too, but I have to agree there are less of them compared to the ingame feature. Still a lot though T_T

It’s not perfect, but it’s all I got at 3:30am on a Wednesday.

P.S. Insomnia is a hell of a drug.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Don’t you need someone to support you when you vote to kick bads, by the way? So if you make a party and four bads come along and don’t understand why the kick is there … do you just have to leave the group yourself?

I barely ever make groups myself because the last time I did for a CoF p1 farm I gearchecked like ten guys who had the wrong weapons, the wrong sigils and sometimes not even full zerk. They all got booted.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have been picky about sigils … but kitten pugs are bad, and that was on gw2lfg.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Alternatively you can force certain ppl to read but I dont think that will happen any soon!

Actually you can. Add something like “Read carefully” at the start of the message and they’ll be forced to glide over to read the rest if they don’t want to join something they might not be looking for.

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Actually you can. Add something like “Read carefully” at the start of the message and they’ll be forced to glide over to read the rest if they don’t want to join something they might not be looking for.

Thats how I type it generally: “Read It all please: etc” and still… no changes, been there done that, same issues. Did try anything otherwise wouldn’t be that frustrated about. :/

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

cut

+1 to all.

common message on lfg game “READ IT ALL: lf hotw +1 guard, exp only, min lvl 80 3k achie min”

with this lfg on last friday evening joined us 5 people under lvl 50 with 300 achie. noone of them was a guard. Then we had like 4 lvl 80 with 1/2k achie (still fine) but random class (obviusely not guard). For each of this 10 guys who joined us we had to discuss, ask to leave or kick and then we had to redo post in lfg. And that’s without counting the timing loss on not having an lfg cause you are explaining to a lvl 35 necro that a lvl 35 necro is NOT a lvl 80 exp guard.

i think selenya is 100% right, lfg should add options to filter people automatically rather than us ourselves (just let us chose lvl, achie, class or stuff like this..).

EDIT:
and pls prevent free trials to spam join on lfg during their trial.

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

This is probably the dumbest assumption I have heard. Only possible reason this could be true now is that there are less people using gw2lfg site since there’s an ingame LFG thing thats easier to use, so you’ve only dealt with those kinds of people. A few months ago when CoF P1 farming was a thing, the opposite would defnitely have been true, since everyone used that site. And i mean everyone…we used to update posts every few secs because people only used to read only posts <1min (there were alot of posts). Plus they used to skim those posts too, sometimes not even read. I remember I had groups with posts for a zerk warrior and an ele or engi joins, or more likely a thief joins and says he can gate the fastest. or we posted for a mesmer and a warrior joined, we had to kick him. Or sometimes a lv21 joined and asked what CoF was. Sometimes i’d post for P2 and people would join saying they had sworn the post had said P1. The possiblites were endless, because most people never bothered to read anything. The only reason I’d imagine you have more of thse kinds of people on the new LFG thing is because most of them switched over from gw2lfg and similar sites. I know for a fact that a lvl36 ele joined for the in-game LFM post for my lv30 fractal group yesterday and said she thought it had meant char level 30+ (she had no idea what difficulty scale meant). I used to encounter similar kinds of people in gw2lfg all the time…

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

It seems logical that they purposely made the lfg tool the way it is to make it more difficult for people to be picky about who they pick up in their team. Once the people start to flow in it becomes increasingly difficult to kick.

[DnT]

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

It seems logical that they purposely made the lfg tool the way it is to make it more difficult for people to be picky about who they pick up in their team. Once the people start to flow in it becomes increasingly difficult to kick.

They didn’t make it that way to make it more difficult for the picky people, they did it to make it more easy for the non-picky people.

You can’t make it easy for both without undesired side-effects.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

When i was advertising “READ: Story Speedrun, Level 80, Berserker Gear, Melee only!” in the AC section yesterday, i got around 20 people joining. You can basically put them into 3 kinds.
1. Wasn’t able to read, doesn’t respond in partychat, doesn’t fit any criteria.
2. Did read the lfg, responds in partychat, doesn’t fit any criteria.
3. Fits all criterias, did read the lfg, does respond in partychat, was looking for explorable mode or another dungeon.

Honestly, i did not get a single non kittened player. Same with selling, some people think you pay them gold to assist you at bloodstone shard, most people didn’t read “READ: Selling!!! Path 4…” and some people don’t even know what arah or gold is.

There should be something done about this.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

By filtering out those that want to do speed runs etc. the casuals don’t have to worry about being kicked and have to open up lfg again, don’t have to worry about people telling them to hurry up etc.

The players that want something specific get that something specific.

Having to kick and being kicked are both bad things. It causes bad feelings on all sides.

Everyone gets the party they want faster and with less frustration/bad feelings.

I don’t think that most players are maliciously joining these groups, but just don’t have time to read the descriptions because the parties fill up so fast.

The ONLY players that this would make things more difficult for are the ones that intentionally want to crash a party (griefers).

Win-win.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

AntiGw.9367

Having to kick and being kicked are both bad things. It causes bad feelings on all sides.

No, it causes bad feelings only for the elitists that demand too much of unnecessary crap.

Non-picky people have nothing to win from filters, they can only lose.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

today I learnt that having standards = elitism.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

No, it causes bad feelings only for the elitists that demand too much of unnecessary crap.

So people dont get annoyed when they are kicked from a group? Thats news to me. Ill feel less guilty about kicking pugs when they waste mine and their own time in future.

AntiGw.9367

So people dont get annoyed when they are kicked from a group? Thats news to me. Ill feel less guilty about kicking pugs when they waste mine and their own time in future.

Normal people don’t really have that problem, because there are only a few elitists that do that. Most people simply open the LFG Tool, and play a few seconds later.

As we’ve seen from the previous topic that got deleted, elitists can barely fill a few 5-man parties at any given moment. They are pretty much the only ones having problems with the way the tool has been working.

Should the tool be re-designed to cater to these people, even though that will inconvenience everyone else in many ways? Hell no.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

What if a speed clearer joins your group though, ScrubGw.1337? Since you’re an elitist who doesn’t like competent players, it’ll be frustrating for you.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You should not feel guilty at all. Have someone on ts, synch all kicks and then ask on party chat “why did he leave?”. Fun.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im a nice person though. I really am.

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

[-cut-]

Normal people don’t really have that problem, because there are only a few elitists that do that. Most people simply open the LFG Tool, and play a few seconds later.

As we’ve seen from the previous topic that got deleted, elitists can barely fill a few 5-man parties at any given moment. They are pretty much the only ones having problems with the way the tool has been working.

Should the tool be re-designed to cater to these people, even though that will inconvenience everyone else in many ways? Hell no.

It’s not about changing the tool for the elitists.
Those who want to do speedruns will do them with their guilds and not with pugs.
The reason there need to be changes is that people join, no matter what.
Some reasons that are important for EVERY group:
- Not the minimum level
- don’t want to do the path the group wants to do
And for fractals:
- don’t know fractals at all
- don’t have enough AR

These are NOT changes that some elitists want, these are changes that every player would be happy about.
It’s frustrating to get players that don’t even meet the bare minimum requirements (such as minimum level for a dungeon or AR for fractals)

And to cater to ALL players, when they do such changes, they could also make the LFG-Tool more specific, so you can look for certain classes.
Sure you can do the Grawl-Fractal with 5 rangers at 48, but you’ll spend ages there

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Me too, me too.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

You should not feel guilty at all. Have someone on ts, synch all kicks and then ask on party chat “why did he leave?”. Fun.

lol i did that before, so hilarious. Necros get instant kicks from me these days and so do people who dont read the description.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I think the tool should be able to take a lot more parameters than now but in turn assemble your group automatically. Right now it doesn’t produce any better results than a purely randomized dungeon finder, but is still a complete pain to use.

The charm of that would be that reasonable limitations could be implemented tool-side (like class, level or AR), while the more silly restrictions people seem to invent in arbitrary ways (Achievement points? I mean…seriously??? AP are about as reflective about my ability to perform in a dungeon any more than the hair colour of my character, so people shouldn’t be able to ask for something silly as that) wouldn’t be enforceable at all anymore.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Do you play on EU antiGW? I don’t have any problem finding any type of group at 4 am US time on NA server.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

• You ask a certain amount of Achivement Points or Agony resistance or whatever else pre-requisite (like for example: must have done this at least one time) to be sure you are not going to spend 3 hours for something that takes 1 hour or less, and who join have no clue of what you’re talking about. With the consequence you spend 20 minutes kicking people and posting again.

You should realize that “fotm 48, exp, 45 AR required” means that you only need to be level 48, that you are doing an explorable path of fotm, and only need to have a 45 achievement rating (in other words, only 45 achievement points!)

^_-

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

If you think that having standars and choice option in a lfg tool (like every other games have) is an “elitist” stuff you are just out of it

I work all the day and when i reach home i want to do an istance on “proper way”.

Proper way don’t actually means “speed run” or lf “xxxx zerk war”.

“Proper way” means playing the istance with brain, with people who know the bit of tact that this game require and people who have a basic knowloedge of hiw own class and got a min lvl requirement (lvl 80) and gear to be usefull in the istance we are going to do.

A lvl 30 with white gear is not usefull at all, it’s there just to be carried and lvl up fast, like a lvl 80 randomly spamming skill with no clue is just there to be carryed to his daily.

Now if i have to carry someone i want the right to choice that and not being forced to carry people who are just trying to avoid to do stuff that every normal player had to do (lvling and learning class\istance)

If you think that after 8 hours work a bad done lfg tool will somehow force me to COMPLETE carry someone (like it is with lvl 30 people or even some lvl 80 noobs) you are making ur brain suffering a great injustice cause regardeless what lfg allow or not i will kick them all.

And without feeling myself being elitist xD

I think that if Anet (or you) really want to force experience people to train noobs all the day long, you (or Anet) should also pay a wage to them.

Otherwise just fix the lfg tool in way to make people chose who they want with filter (like it is on common mmo) to avoid the annoyance of kicking\being kicked over and over again xD

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

A few things I think should be added to the lfg tool is restricting low level characters from entering fotm level 20+, their lower damage/stats don’t meet the requirement to do these levels. I just find it odd that low level characters can enter higher level fractals (20+) when they can’t even wear the ascended trinkets (lvl 80) to give them agony resist.

Everything else about the lfg tool is great. I have no problems playing with random professions in a party. I always find it funny that once a rage quitter leaves the party, we succeed. Guess they were holding us back, who knows?

For those of you that don’t know, the lfg tool does have a level filter. You can’t join higher level dungeons without meeting the level requirement. My lowest character (lvl 35) can only join AC and all the other dungeons are grayed out, with the exception of fractals which I can join any tiers (definately need a fixing).

Aberrant.6749

A few things I think should be added to the lfg tool is restricting low level characters from entering fotm level 20+, their lower damage/stats don’t meet the requirement to do these levels. I just find it odd that low level characters can enter higher level fractals (20+) when they can’t even wear the ascended trinkets (lvl 80) to give them agony resist.

Everything else about the lfg tool is great. I have no problems playing with random professions in a party. I always find it funny that once a rage quitter leaves the party, we succeed. Guess they were holding us back, who knows?

For those of you that don’t know, the lfg tool does have a level filter. You can’t join higher level dungeons without meeting the level requirement. My lowest character (lvl 35) can only join AC and all the other dungeons are grayed out, with the exception of fractals which I can join any tiers (definately need a fixing).

The current problem is that the description is supposed to be used as a way of getting the specific type players that you want (as stated by the dev’s). However people often don’t have time to read the description, making it nearly worthless : /

Tarnished Coast

swiftpaw.6397

Me too, me too.

Can.. can I be a nice per-

Ah kitten it, I’m an kittenhole.

Posted by: Ophin.8205

Ophin.8205

Ok…if that topic was on board already please receive my apologies.
So therefore, could you please prevent kicking from dungeon in case when leader (person which started it) decided to leave (ie rage quit, or simply is a rude person) or while DC’ed.
It should be everyone own decision especially when collecting the loot imo.

Aberrant.6749

Ok…if that topic was on board already please receive my apologies.
So therefore, could you please prevent kicking from dungeon in case when leader (person which started it) decided to leave (ie rage quit, or simply is a rude person) or while DC’ed.
It should be everyone own decision especially when collecting the loot imo.

Don’t worry about it, let the mods merge the threads if they feel it’s necessary. Mini mods abound on these forums and should just be ignored.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Minimod

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I perfectly understand your pain OP.Here are my ideas on what needs to be improved in the LFG tool.

1. Accept/reject incoming members
  2. View party member info before joining – Class/level/Name/Server
  3. Differentiate Story & Explorable Mode – right now there is only 1 tab for both modes which is not the best solution.There must be 2 tabs for each mode
  4. Split the Living World tab in 2 categories – Living story & Open world.
  5. Split 20-39 fractal tiers in 2 brackets (20-29/30-39)
  6. The current categories could have numbers indicating how many advertisements are currently active. Right now we have to click on each dungeon to see if there are any parties
  7. Been able to see listings even when in a full party .Don’t make them grey out.
  8. Been able to see listings on a lower level alt

Adding additiona icons indicating what kind of group is being formed (those are just copy pasted from gw2lfg.com)

• Speed Run – get in, get out!
  • Experienced Only – No newbies. Experienced players only
  • Newbie – I am new to this event, please be nice!
  • Doing everything – Why skip content when it is there.
  • Language Preference – Please post your language preference in the comments.
TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Thats a bit much but… yeah.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Just the ability to accept/reject people from your party would already be a huge leap forward. I don’t get why that didn’t get implemented to start with. I was going to ask “didn’t anyone at Anet think that one through”, but then I realized it’s Anet we’re talking about, and most of them are as bad as the feel-good carebears that we’re trying to avoid…

Being able to see the person’s character info before joining would just be a bonus.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

AntiGw.9367

Just the ability to accept/reject people from your party would already be a huge leap forward. I don’t get why that didn’t get implemented to start with.

A dev and a QA explained very clearly in their video why that didn’t get implemented, and their reasoning was very solid.

Bright.9160

Just the ability to accept/reject people from your party would already be a huge leap forward. I don’t get why that didn’t get implemented to start with.

A dev and a QA explained very clearly in their video why that didn’t get implemented, and their reasoning was very solid.

Link/explanation? Because I’m trying my best to come up with a reasoning behind such a ret*rded feature, but I’m failing horribly.

I know how they all want everyone to get along and sing songs and fart rainbows, but that’s just not reality. The reality is that some people don’t want to play with some other people, and by not having this feature available, they are making it impossible for those some people to filter out those other people (and this goes both ways), causing great frustrations everywhere.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

AntiGw.9367

Link/explanation? Because I’m trying my best to come up with a reasoning behind such a ret*rded feature, but I’m failing horribly.

I know how they all want everyone to get along and sing songs and fart rainbows, but that’s just not reality. The reality is that some people don’t want to play with some other people, and by not having this feature available, they are making it impossible for those some people to filter out those other people (and this goes both ways), causing great frustrations everywhere.

Link/explanation

It doesn’t cause great frustrations anywhere. Several, exactly the same, people posting in the Dungeons subforum to complain about “scrubs” and “rabble” all the time is not “everywhere”.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Using this tool goes against my strict “Do not run with PUGs under any circumstance… EVER!” I adhere to this rule and my gaming experience is great. Another one is, “Don’t revive others when there is a way point within running distance.” Simple rules, simple life.

tl;dr;
I’m a scumbag

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

swiftpaw.6397

Would be nice to have a view build/gear option on applicants.

/inb4h8

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

/inb4h8

I still want a ‘Casual Meter’ implemented.

The less damage you do, the higher you rank. This way casuals won’t feel like they’re being punished for being bad, because they’ll be the highest on the meter in the party! Being ranked #1 is always a good thing, right?

swiftpaw.6397

/inb4h8

I still want a ‘Casual Meter’ implemented.

The less damage you do, the higher you rank. This way casuals won’t feel like they’re being punished for being bad, because they’ll be the highest on the meter in the party! Being ranked #1 is always a good thing, right?

Right. That’s it. I’m handing out ’I’m #1!’ shirts in LA.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Can I have one

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

swiftpaw.6397

Can I have one

You can has one ;3

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Unless you’re doing 26+ Fractals I can’t really imagine the need to min/max so much though. And if you’re doing fractals that high, do you REALLY want to pug anyway?

Bright.9160

Unless you’re doing 26+ Fractals I can’t really imagine the need to min/max so much though. And if you’re doing fractals that high, do you REALLY want to pug anyway?

Lol, Fractals THAT high…

As for min/maxing, it’s more about the player, the gear he’s wearing is usually just a good indicator…

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

If you are running HIGH LEVEL FRACTALS shouldn’t you be wearing PVT/Cleric’s?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Fractal only gets intense when it’s 40+. Anything below 40 you can pug and succeed in a decent time. I find 38 pug runs smoother than 28 pug runs. Heck you can pug any dungeon and get done fast. I find people searching for “exp” players finish runs just as fast as group that don’t post for “exp” players.

About the fractal 20-39 tab, I agree, that does need to be split into 2 tabs. From my exp in the NA servers though, not many people post 28 or 38 groups often in that tab anyway. It might not be a big deal. Fractal tabs just need to show what agony resist you need in order to not be a burden to the party.

Aberrant.6749

Already explained how everyone would benefit other than party crashers. Please re-read my post then give a reason.

The LFG tool is meant for everyone, not just casuals or pros. Please go watch the dev video again. You seem to be confused on this point.

Judging by the constant number of threads about I got kicked/people that I don’t want joining my party keep joining etc. there is a desire to have this problem fixed by a significant number of players.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)