In my opinion, Fractals of the Mist is a complete fail.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

I just spent a couple of hours working with people on these dungeons threw pure PuGing (Pick Up Groups). Half the people that join, lie about having full exotic gear, don’t follow orders, suck at puzzles even after explaining to them what needs to be done, or just sit there and act dumb.

I agree this is a pure PvE dungeon and its impressive but this is not PuGable and after trying 2 months forming my own guild for such dungeons like this. I wasn’t able to make guild nor find a decent guild dedicated to this cause.

An absolute fail and boring patch for the next 2 months. GG Arenanet.

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

Lol complain more. I just got through lvl 2 fractals with a pug that openly admitted no exotics. More of a player competency thing then bad dungeon design.

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

I disagree, the three paths that I have seen from the dungeon are so far part of the BEST PvE dungeon content I have seen in GW2. So far I love the new dungeon and I hope to be able to run a few more paths tomorrow.

Posted by: Grizor.6543

Grizor.6543

Maybe it’s you.

Grizor – Charr Engineer – Gandara

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

@ Shadowlancer.7102

Thats what u dont seem to understand is that the dungeon is perfectly able to be done with a PuG. I admit that some PuGs are terrible and i understand ur anguish but its perfectly possible to do it with non full exotic armor for sure.

Player Brains > Armor Stats for these dungeons honestly. Again it is less that the dungeon is poorly designed but more that your pug that you picked up was probably just not on their game to be polite.

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Mainly we arn’t the elitest punks that expect everyone to have “full exotics”, because work with with people supportively we can get PUGs to do what we ask. Maybe our attitude towards other has something to do with our “luck”. I for one can tell by your forum posts that the way you have treated people has directly effected the success of your runs. Maybe.

Shadowlancer.7102

Well I just dont seem to understand how for 4 hours, I have made over 12 groups, carefully checked on group set up, and they all majorly fail at Level 1 difficulty, when requeueing for 2-3 fractals.

Sorry but I am going to throw the word “Privileged” . So… glad you can actually get to do the puzzle, to Fing bad for those cant seem to find decent players to actually do FoM.

Its a fail design.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I seriously can’t imagine 12 groups failing at that dungeon it’s so easy at the first scaling level. I can imagine you can do it with a full level 1 group that’s scaled up who have basic knowledge of the games mechanics. It just requires half a brain to figure out the tactics.

This isn’t an issue of fail design, it’s an issue of players inability to dodge away from a red circle and it’s also the case that the dungeon is brand new, a lot of players don’t know how to play a game unless they’re told exactly how and what to do.

This has zero to do with design, The dungeon is really well and interestingly made. People said AC was too difficult when the game launched as well. Give it some time, people will learn the tactics and you can run your PuG dungeon.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Shadowlancer.7102

Yeah I know but I must have terrible luck. Also kinda confusing why people are posting its working for them when I am posting the very opposite of bending over back wards just to do this stupid new dungeon and not enjoying it one bit.

Its not working for me and I am being denied content.

Posted by: ekimsfree.9406

ekimsfree.9406

Man, I finished the first diffculty with a level 8 and 30 in my group…Just sayin

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Yeah I know but I must have terrible luck. Also kinda confusing why people are posting its working for them when I am posting the very opposite of bending over back wards just to do this stupid new dungeon and not enjoying it one bit.

Its not working for me and I am being denied content.

You’re not being denied content just because you can’t seem to find a good group to play with? That’s like me saying I’m being denied content because I suck at sPvP or couldn’t find a good zerg in WvW.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

The dungeon isn’t at fault, your lack of luck finding skillful people to run it with is at fault. How is the dungeon responsible for your teammates’ lack of skill, inability to follow orders, sucking at jumping puzzles, and lying about having a full set of exotics?

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

@Shadowlancer

My guild finished 2 sets of difficulties with very few party wipes. We died a few times, but it was due to the fact we were experimenting with tactics and once we got them down we rocked the dungeon. If you are having problems with the difficulty at lvl1, yes the problem is on you. Maybe dungeons are not the type of content you would enjoy.

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Beorn Raukar.4328

Congratulation on twisting my words about, dungeons are not for me and totally ignoring the situations. Also you said the key words “My Guild”. Guess what, your post is invalid and off topic compare to the issue I brought up.

Posted by: Rainsoul Moonmourne.9743

Rainsoul Moonmourne.9743

the agony that acompanies the fractals takes off percentages of health.
sustaining that is not really up to the level of the character but up to the ability.
i have had runs with low lvls that were far easier than exotic gear ones.
i also heard that difficulty 1 (that seemed like a joke to me) was hard for many!!!

i guess it all comes down to brainz…

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

Breezed through the first 4 difficulty levels with my guildies. Then again we’re all fully exotic lvl 80s. It certainly wasn’t hard.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Vexor.3640

Key words “Guildies”, thank you for proving my point yet again.

By the way, group failed to do another level 1 issue after spending 35 minutes on it. Group reformed. About to say F-it soon.

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Breezed through the first 4 difficulty levels with my guildies. Then again we’re all fully exotic lvl 80s. It certainly wasn’t hard.

We ran into little trouble aswell (eventhough I never made it to 3 because of constant disconnects) but I wouldn’t say you can ‘breeze’ through them from the get-go. I’d qualify a run as ‘breezing through it’ when you don’t have to try hard and no1 goes down or dies.

The elemental boss (with the lava u need to pour on) and the one with the seals are definatly a fun challenge and I’d call anyones bluff who claims they got bored because it was too easy :p

Posted by: Konfuzfanten.6503

Konfuzfanten.6503

We 4 man’ed a lot of the lvl 1+2 fractals because we got DC’s in the party and our guy couldnt get back in. 4 man’ing the fractals wasnt a big problem, then only fight we had problems with was the “Jade Maw” because we didnt get the boss mechanic. After we understood what to do, it wasnt overly hard even though we got one guy DC’ed, one guy with extreme lag(he could barely play) and then 3 guys more or less doing the boss fight.

Commander of Blade and Quill[BaQ]
Aurora Glade <3

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Just breezed through lvl 2 with a pug after most of my guild went to sleep. Started off a bit rocky but once the more ragey members calmed down and realised they would get better results being NICE to the newer guys rather than berating them for not knowing what to do in a dungeon that had come out that day, things went swimmingly.

The success of a group is a lot more to with patience, clear communication and a positive attitude. Nothing wrecks a pug more than some gear facist that cusses out everyone for making the slightest error and takes no responsibility for thier role in the group.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

All the complaints in your post have nothing to do with the dungeon, but the people that you try running it with.

So therefore it’s not the fault of the dungeon or it’s design

/thread

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

I personally love the dungeon. It is fun and is a nice change from “RUN PAST ALL THE MOBS”, “STACK AND KILL THAT BOSS” etc.
Cleared difficulty 1 with 80 Ele/Guard/Rang and 20 necro. (I’m 59 warrior)
Kinda hilarious to see everyone die at the dolphin swim part though. Uber repair cost except me cuz I didn’t die even once through the entire run. (Except for falling off a random invisible hole)
I’d say the most fun part is when we were trying to figure out how each part works.

Only problem for me is the dungeon doesn’t really give a decent reward, and 15 tokens ain’t very encouraging. Honestly I expected at least the typical end reward, that lots of exp and 26 silver. But nope.

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

This is hilarious. I went through the first five levels with the first pug group I could find with minimal problem, not all of them were 80’s and only two had exotics. So if you’re having such a problem, maybe it’s you. Maybe you are the problem.

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

Posted by: Crystalis.6805

Crystalis.6805

It really is up to the players. Me and a friend , both 80 mesmers but with me only having a few exotics, duoed a set of rank 1 Fractals earlier. It took awhile but was fun and very much doable, the only wipes happened while we figured out the mechanics. By far the hardest part was freeing the Colossus. Our Fractals were Uncharted, Aquatic Ruins, Cliffside.

Of course we are both jumping puzzle veterans so that likely helped, overall I love what seen of Fractals so far. Planning to do full group run tomorrow.

Shadowlancer.7102

Bloody Hell! 6 hours later group number 15, I manage to find enough people to complete 3 whole runs, without too much issues.

Some of these dungeons just suck!

Swamp Stage and the stage with a Gigantic moving statue. This is suppose to be Level 1? I would hate to see what Level 2 is about.

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

Guilds runs and good groups are really important here. Keep in mind these are new dungeons with new mechanics so people will need to learn.

Our guild group has 4 manned through 6 fractals and the mini boss(7th fractal) so far and we are still rolling. Nothing has been overly difficult yet.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Lets see:
First pug:
Grawl fire – no wipe
Swamp – no wipe but took FOREVER (this one sucks)
Asura – no wipe

Second Pug:
Asura – No wipe
Swamp – No wipe (Took FOREVER again)
Dredge – one was out because of DC/one died on final boss. Warrior/ranger/engineer finished final boss off

They aren’t hard at low levels, but the swamp one needs a change. It is just a little under 5 Torch in CoF path 3 which is a little much for T1/2/3/4 fractals

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

The Dungeon is amazing, but the boss fights sometimes are boring as hell. I’m currently working on lvl 6, did everything with PuGs but we used TS. The only frustrating fractal is the swamp, it’s a lot easier with a Mesmer in your group, but still a pain in the kitten

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

Maybe it’s you.

It’s definitely the OP, I just did fractals 3 times successfully at level 1 and 2 with PUGS non max level and giving not two damns about their gear and it was great fun. Op presents himself unfortunately as one of those elitist types.

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I’m going to toss this in, though it’s not completely on topic, and I have a thread going on the dungeons section for this too, but whether the PUG is decent or not, wouldn’t it be equally enjoyable to be able to run the Fractal solo? Scale it to the number of players in the group — got 1 person willing to hook up with you? It scales. 3 people? It scales. Half an hour before the sun rises and no one else is online and you want to run it on your own? It scales. Then the questions of the armor, weapons, skill level, etc., of other players becomes irrelevant. It’s just you vs. whatevah.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Only problem for me is the dungeon doesn’t really give a decent reward, and 15 tokens ain’t very encouraging. Honestly I expected at least the typical end reward, that lots of exp and 26 silver. But nope.

This is my problem with the new dungeon as well. All three stages combined takes much longer than a single path of any dungeon (except maybe Arah?). It really should have the typical exp and 26 silver (for level 80) at the end to give more of an incentive for players to repeatedly do this.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this. Maybe because I didn’t see any silver elite enemies? XD Finally normal-ish mobs, though the nothing-but-veteran Sons of Svanir was a bit of a surprise, haha.

Also, following the format from the new rewards for the other dungeons, having a Bag of Wondrous Goods for each end stage legendary boss would be neat with a 3 token drop.

Posted by: Defilade.8569

Defilade.8569

I just did level 1 in a pug with only 2 80s. It isn’t that bad. Granted you could have gotten some particularly bad fractals, who knows.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If you get at least one guy who speaks English it gets much much easier.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Sorry to hear it mate but it’s bad luck.Not every pug is good.It’s a gamble with those groups

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Drarorm.8723

Drarorm.8723

I am sorry you got bad players as teammates but please dont blame the dungeon for that.

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Eh i’ve only ran it once but honestly it was cake. Pug Group we got underwater, swamp, svanir. We had a dc on the swamp but still little to no issues here once we worked out who was the fastest runners and stuck them on the farthest orbs. Over all the only thing that was even remotely challenging was the svanir area on the ice elemental and the final boss. Although even the final boss was not to bad once i realized what it was he did as he was agro locked to me and out of the group i by far had the best survivability besides the guy who dc.

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Yesterday I’ve Fractals with three other people(one of our party members left), where one of them was level 16 and the other PUG… And we did with minor problems and all had a lot of fun with it.

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

Don’t play with bad people -> problem solved.

If you want to do dungeons then find some friends to play with.

You are calling the dungeon a complete fail because you can’t find any decent people to play it what. That makes no sense.

I’m at difficulty 5 now and we haven’t wiped once.

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

How does playing with bad pugs = bad dungeon design?

I’m not getting the leap here.

Posted by: AzoraX.8015

AzoraX.8015

I have exos
I am a competent pve player

I’m unable to get past lvl 1 frac because constant dc means I can’t even get past the 3rd round.

gg me.

Not saying that my dc is because of arena net, but because they won’t allow me to re enter the dungeon that i initially entered in….

Posted by: Tooks.8701

Tooks.8701

This topic makes me lol. “You need the best team to beat FotM” no. No you don’t.

I’ve been in FotM once because i’m only level 36, only two of the PUGs I joined up with were in their 80’s so naturally us lowbies suffer from bad equipment and not all the skills/traits an 80 has. We ran into no problems during the dungeon at all. The only issue we had was with the Swamp fractal but once we realized what we needed to do that was easy too.

This dungeon isnt a failure, your tactics are.

Posted by: Zearan.6732

Zearan.6732

This topic makes me lol. “You need the best team to beat FotM” no. No you don’t.

You do need a somewhat competent group tho. Just spent over an hour on the asura fractal. I’m pretty sure more than half of that time was spent waiting for people who failed at jumping.

But I agree, the dungeon isn’t a fail.. Horrible groups are.

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

Maybe it’s you.

i lold so hard at this

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

So failing at jumping in an MMO makes you horrible?
What next? Having to do a Bejewled puzzle? Racing? Beating a boss with Street Fighter controls? Playing a round of Blitzball?

You can’t force people to suddenly play a genre they didn’t buy the game for, then call them bad because they fail at it.

Posted by: Zooninator.7154

Zooninator.7154

Seriously what a ungrateful kitten.
The dungeon is great.

Posted by: Felblade.8701

Felblade.8701

this DCing and unable to enter the dungeon crap is making my experience with this place a bad one. Completed 2 leveles ok then 1 guy crashed another left to find a new and thus we had to start over from scratch again?

No thanks.

Posted by: bamono.7098

bamono.7098

Ok, a game being an MMO has nothing to do with it having jumping or puzzle or not. :/ Hm. Think I need a break from the forums.

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Why’re you asking people if they have exotics anyway?

Sounds like you and them have issues that are unrelated to the dungeon.

Posted by: Tremayne.6734

Tremayne.6734

Don’t play with bad people -> problem solved.

If you want to do dungeons then find some friends to play with.

You are calling the dungeon a complete fail because you can’t find any decent people to play it what. That makes no sense.

I’m at difficulty 5 now and we haven’t wiped once.

That’s not an option for the OP. If he’s had over a dozen groups in a row which fail due to “bad people” then statistically speaking it’s certain that the “bad people” is the OP himself – either because of his own lack of skill, or because the attitude he’s throwing around means that nobody who has a choice would ever willing group with him so the only people he CAN group with are the hard luck cases.

Bashing on keep doors since 2001.
Rambling insanely at tremayneslaw.wordpress.com since 2010.
Proud member of The Farstar Alliance (http://farstarguild.co.uk) on Gandara (EU) since 2012.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

You don’t need full exotic gear ate.I had a 50level friend in my 1st group and 69 level guildy in my 2nd group.Better gear helps but it’s not required.The dungeon is perfectly tuned.Lower levels are easy and higher are harder.Now if you still are wiping then it’s either your fault or group’s.It’s NOT dungeon’s fault.Stop whining for nothing.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)