Incentives for experienced players to help

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I don’t mind helping new players most of the time. However I don’t always feel like teaching.

It doesn’t make me selfish to want to join a group of experienced players. It doesn’t make me selfish to want to speed clear a dungeon.

I take real expception to players that call my selfish because I don’t want to teach new players every run I do. It is selfish of you to expect to be taught.

Do you realise that when I do teach new players I am willingly giving up my liesure time, the time I am taking to play a game for enjoyment to possibly go through hours of frustration taking a new group through Arah?

I do take new players through many dungeon paths, but in no way am I obligated to.

That doesn’t make me elitist and that doesn’t make me selfish.

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

Well, saying “if only the veteran will spend time to teach me we’ll much better off as a community” is a nice theory, but it’s a theory. I think everyone had beaten then “can’t teach, too much kitten” horse to dead so I offer another angle, it’s simply a conflict of interest.

Most veterans become good at something, they didn’t started out good with it. But when you do something almost everyday it becomes your interest that you just might as well figure out the best way to do it, and take the afford to do so. But let’s take the OP as an example, you never do this before, you had no interest in it, and now you want to do it not necessary because you want to, but because you want your tittle. So if you’re the type “I only gonna do it once, get it over with and put it behind me” you have far less incentive to learn, and this usually develop into a “what’s the big deal I dont care about running this again” mentality when someone else is trying to teach you. (Not refering to the OP specifically, but I can assure you this is the main reason why the “can you teach me this path” is usually actually “can you carry me through this path” in disguise")

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Pay me and actually listen to my advice and Id gladly teach nubs.

Attachments:

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

^^

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I actually help out puggroups plenty when they’re willing to listen, which they often are(yay EU servers?). Giving incentives such as money would destroy the whole idea and people wouldn’t actually end up helping anyone. You can’t change the communities motivations, and surprisingly there are quite some experienced(not lfg experienced) people who are willing to help, but you won’t get them here, and definitely not if people aren’t going to learn that the term ‘elitist’ is practically an insult.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Why is it the teacher’s job to go out of their way and try to force feed people information that they have no interest in learning? How about the inexperienced player goes out and learns on his own (yes, it’s possible, that’s how people originally learned) then just joins groups once he is experienced. OP is an idiot.

[DnT]

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Well, saying “if only the veteran will spend time to teach me we’ll much better off as a community” is a nice theory, but it’s a theory. I think everyone had beaten then “can’t teach, too much kitten” horse to dead so I offer another angle, it’s simply a conflict of interest.

Most veterans become good at something, they didn’t started out good with it. But when you do something almost everyday it becomes your interest that you just might as well figure out the best way to do it, and take the afford to do so. But let’s take the OP as an example, you never do this before, you had no interest in it, and now you want to do it not necessary because you want to, but because you want your tittle. So if you’re the type “I only gonna do it once, get it over with and put it behind me” you have far less incentive to learn, and this usually develop into a “what’s the big deal I dont care about running this again” mentality when someone else is trying to teach you. (Not refering to the OP specifically, but I can assure you this is the main reason why the “can you teach me this path” is usually actually “can you carry me through this path” in disguise")

I’ve taken well over 100 arah newbs through arah since I was first taught to do it. ^This is what I hear quite often, especially after long runs when I was the only dps build. So many people only run arah for their DM or legendary that they really don’t care about getting better at it. Even if a person didn’t buy their DM title, odds are they were carried for it, I know I was basically carried through my first dungeons.

CryxTryx.9208

So closer to the OP’s original idea..

Dungeon Master Master title.

You progress by running people who have never done the path. Once you have run someone through each path for their first time you have effectively carried through the whole dungeon master title, making you the ‘Dungeon Master, Master.’

I can see it now " LF1M P3 – Must have never done the path’.

And then with in the first 24 hours a thread on the forums..

‘Trolled – Guy who had already done the path joined when he said he hadn’t’.

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I’d prefer titles for individual dungeons. Like kill Lupicus 200 times gets you “Arah Master” or something like that. That’s a title I can be proud of… At least if someone buys that one, then they really put in some time in getting it. Too many “Dungeon Masters” join my group thinking they are superior to me because I wear “Golden” title, and sit a fairly low AP(~1900). Would love an arah specific title that takes time to get actually doing arah.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

1. this was last september, we were ranging him, the good old stack at 1200 and have 1 person melee down the grubs
2. refer to 1.
3. no we were in all berserker
4. refer to 3.
5. absolutely

>Ranging
>Telling others to ‘L2P’
I think you’d get along with DeathPanel.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Same problem here CM path 1+2, Arah 1+3+4, CoE 3, SE 2, that’s left for me to get dungeon master. However these paths either have no parties, or elitist parties (speedclears). Every time i ask to join i get a kick. Even when i show them my 11k achievement. I’m not saying achievements are showing skills however, sometimes it works to let people give you an exception and still try to complete dungeon with you. But that is very rare. ‘11K AP and you still dont have dungeon master, you noob’. Stupid comments like this really mess up dungeon fun.

If any of you need the listed paths and plays on EU (or is just very friendly) PM for group setup.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Sure, but then don’t complain if no one knows how to do stuff.

Frankly, there should be a dis-incentive for veterans to team new people. They need to learn how to do it themselves and realize their potential instead of being told everything. You get better and more compassionate players that way.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

I don’t think to dis-incentive vet/newbie grouping together is a good idea.
Forcing them to learn on their own, most will wipe, quit and qq on the forums. It’s not like we don’t have enough of those posts. Most of us are willing to teach, as long as they want to listen and learn. But it doesn’t mean i want to do it 24/7.

A bit off-topic, you want the newbies to stay away from your veteran groups, so they learn on their own. Yet you advocate a burn build for guardians?

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Sure, but then don’t complain if no one knows how to do stuff.

Frankly, there should be a dis-incentive for veterans to team new people. They need to learn how to do it themselves and realize their potential instead of being told everything. You get better and more compassionate players that way.

stupid suggestion… but then i looked at your ‘pve burning’ build… and realised i shouldnt be surprised

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Forcing new players to learn everything for themselves? That’s a terrible idea. Imagine if every generation had to rediscover the laws of physics (as an example) because the older generation were senile trolls that thought we shouldn’t evolve as a species.
The GW2 player base can only improve if we pass on what we know so they can spend their time improving upon it and developing better tactics of their own (if that’s even possible.)

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Himax.3954

Himax.3954

If it is not possible to succeed unless you are using a very specific set of skills/gear/weapons, then the game is poorly designed.

If you refuse to respect others because they don’t use the “best” skills/gear/weapons, then you are a bad player. And a jerk.

Understanding the difference between flaws on the part of the devs and flaws on the part of the players is the key to improving any game.

That said, you have a very good idea here;

Encouraging players to actually help each other can only improve a game.

Complaining about how stupid people don’t deserve or accept your help can only prove how arrogant and unhelpful you are.

I’ve seen many game destroyed becasue the devs can’t tell the difference between their flaws and the flaws of the players.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

If you refuse to respect others because they don’t use the “best” skills/gear/weapons, then you are a bad player. And a jerk.

Understanding the difference between flaws on the part of the devs and flaws on the part of the players is the key to improving any game.

No its also part of the players fault for not going with the best gear. I mean if you know about the games imbalance, (although if you want to be a healer thats your own fault they did say no trinity/healers) and you dont take the best gear than your just being stubborn and hurting any team you run a dungeon with.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

If it is not possible to succeed unless you are using a very specific set of skills/gear/weapons, then the game is poorly designed.

That said, you have a very good idea here;

Encouraging players to actually help each other can only improve a game.

Complaining about how stupid people don’t deserve or accept your help can only prove how arrogant and unhelpful you are.

I’ve seen many game destroyed becasue the devs can’t tell the difference between their flaws and the flaws of the players.

This is so one-sided. It as though all newcomers are innocent and can do no wrong. If you get really proficient in any one of the dungeons and start teaching newcomers on a consistent basis, it might just change your perspective.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I don’t think that new players should have to learn things on their own but I also don’t think that it is the veteran player’s responsibility to go out of their way to teach them. If new players want to learn they have to take initiative and makes attempts to reach out and meet new people and be more open to ideas.

[DnT]

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

Maybe all new players should run the dungeon they way it was intended instead of rushing in and trying to learn how to skip mobs and the ways to go.

Because that’s the problem, Vet’s will just skip mobs and new players have no clue what’s going on – then they die/get kicked and make crybaby forum posts..

How about you just play the dungeon – no skips, every dungeon is doable then. You should have no problems, then you have a rough idea of the mechanics you may learn different approaches to the dungeon.

Don’t make QQ threads about people not teaching you when you haven’t even researched anything yourself.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Maybe all new players should run the dungeon they way it was intended instead of rushing in and trying to learn how to skip mobs and the ways to go.

Because that’s the problem, Vet’s will just skip mobs and new players have no clue what’s going on – then they die/get kicked and make crybaby forum posts..

How about you just play the dungeon – no skips, every dungeon is doable then. You should have no problems, then you have a rough idea of the mechanics you may learn different approaches to the dungeon.

Don’t make QQ threads about people not teaching you when you haven’t even researched anything yourself.

Good point. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, when I was running dungeons for the first time I was actually clearing them. Even Arah path1 was cleared, including area before lupi. Took me almost 2 hrs.

Posted by: Spiky Muffin.9180

Spiky Muffin.9180

please give moneyz for vets who carry 1sttimers. i’d be selling p4 all day long :p
on a more serious note.. i also dont mind teaching/helping new players when they listen to what i say and maybe even show some interest that they want to know more
mostly ( even if i dont pug often) i seem to get the exact opposite of those people

[rT]
Youtube"

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

hat are these dumbing tactics you speak of? and who says making gold isnt fun? i dont know about you but i quit worrying about gold for 2 months and poof all the sudden i had way more gold than i needed

Unless you abuse economy thanks to some devs not balancing the risk reward in that (at cost of players not liking that minigame) you don t have enough gold for sure…..

I have 2000+ hours playtime….and i m considering quitting since i am forced to grind everyday in the hope to equip a SINGLE character…..(still need a couple ascended weapons and all www equip except rings).

But when i will be done with one we know already ascended armors will be released.

And this is way worse than lineage 2 well known to be a grind fest.

2000 hours and i can t have BiS equipment for WWW and pve on a single character…..

What is dumbing tactics?
Losing things to Death repeating the same actions like a Bot just to be sure to run 4 dungeons in the time a non stacking player would run 1.

Issue is everybody do that for the same reason.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

What is dumbing tactics?
Losing things to Death repeating the same actions like a Bot just to be sure to run 4 dungeons in the time a non stacking player would run 1.

I wouldn’t call LoS’ing ‘dumbing tactics’, I’d call not LoS’ing ‘dumb tactics’ for the reason you gave yourself.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

hat are these dumbing tactics you speak of? and who says making gold isnt fun? i dont know about you but i quit worrying about gold for 2 months and poof all the sudden i had way more gold than i needed

Unless you abuse economy thanks to some devs not balancing the risk reward in that (at cost of players not liking that minigame) you don t have enough gold for sure…..

I have 2000+ hours playtime….and i m considering quitting since i am forced to grind everyday in the hope to equip a SINGLE character…..(still need a couple ascended weapons and all www equip except rings).

But when i will be done with one we know already ascended armors will be released.

2000 hours and i can t have BiS equipment for WWW and pve on a single character…..

What is dumbing tactics?

LoSing is like a smart phone while not LoSing is like a 5 year old flip phone, get it? the tactics old and people have moved on, you obviously never played gw1 where the exact same thing happened and only got better (or worse for you) the longer the game was out

and @ more than enough gold, i have 5 full sets of ascended, multiple fractal backpieces ( i love these things), on my 4 main chars both pve and 2 wvw sets of armor, a legendary (mainly got for my account medals). If you dont call that more than enough your just greedy. Besides all I want now is 2 fractal daggers and a fractal sword which I cant buy.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Yes the person who figures out a way to do things efficiently is way dumber than the guy who either can’t or doesn’t.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Yes the person who figures out a way to do things efficiently is way dumber than the guy who either can’t or doesn’t.

And that’s what we call logic.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I have 1300 hours. I have 3 toons fully decked out in exotics, superior sigils, and ascended jewelery (including fully upgraded fotm backpiece for one).

I have 3 more 80s that have exotic armor/weapons with exotic jewelery.

I have 2 more 40+ toons that I’m leveling.

I have tons of crafting materials stock piled for my legendary, all my charged lodestones, and I’m still sitting at 400+ gold, even after a server transfer. I have never traded gems for gold.

I’m not saying this to gloat, just to show that:

Either you are a horrible liar, you spend all your time AFK, or you’re so intent on “playing your way” you get kicked from parties for refusing to stack.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Not really. People that desperately need help and advices in most of the cases just ignore any hints given to them. Few days ago I asked some PUG ranger (bearbow, 2000 AP) at least 3-5 times to stop spamming knockback on his longbow, yet he ignored all of my requests and explanations why it’s bad. What we are supposed to do in such cases? How are we supposed to push some common sense into the thickest skulls?

Like it or not, but majority of newbies and bads alike are not willing to learn nor get better at this game.

Ethics.4519

Not really. People that desperately need help and advices in most of the cases just ignore any hints given to them. Few days ago I asked some PUG ranger (bearbow, 2000 AP) at least 3-5 times to stop spamming knockback on his longbow, yet he ignored all of my requests and explanations why it’s bad. What we are supposed to do in such cases? How are we supposed to push some common sense into the thickest skulls?

Like it or not, but majority of newbies and bads alike are not willing to learn nor get better at this game.

You were trying to control how he plays. He likes to press 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5. Stop being so elitist. You should have been kicked.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

What is dumbing tactics?

LoSing is like a smart phone while not LoSing is like a 5 year old flip phone, get it? the tactics old and people have moved on, you obviously never played gw1 where the exact same thing happened and only got better (or worse for you) the longer the game was out

and @ more than enough gold, i have 5 full sets of ascended, multiple fractal backpieces ( i love these things), on my 4 main chars both pve and 2 wvw sets of armor, a legendary (mainly got for my account medals). If you dont call that more than enough your just greedy. Besides all I want now is 2 fractal daggers and a fractal sword which I cant buy.

das so rich can u share ur money with me pls. All that LoS’ing has made me poor

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Bunmaster.9734

@ Ethics.

How about i bring a class just to annoy you for the sake of annoying you in a dungeon? Bringing a naked GS mesmer to KB everything you just pulled into a nice ball. Or spam LB #4 on my bearbow, knock everything about of your blind fields, force you to chase them. Bring a masterwork AH clerics guardian, aggro everything and pull them to the group? I am going to make your CoF P1 a 2 hour run, just for the sake of proving how bad i can be when i choose to.
Ignore all your pleas to stop and listen, we will see who kicks who.

It’s not telling other how to play, it’s giving advice on not to do the wrong thing.

(edited by Bunmaster.9734)

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

What is dumbing tactics?

das so rich can u share ur money with me pls. All that LoS’ing has made me poor

wait, what? how’d LoSing make you poor? o.0
edit: shouldnt you say Lo sing made you rich? didnt you just get a dusk drop
@bunmaster im pretty sure that was sarcasm

(edited by Clumsy.6257)

swiftpaw.6397

@ Ethics.

How about i bring a class just to annoy you for the sake of annoying you in a dungeon? Bringing a naked GS mesmer to KB everything you just pulled into a nice ball. Or spam LB #4 on my bearbow, knock everything about of your blind fields, force you to chase them. Bring a masterwork AH clerics guardian, aggro everything and pull them to the group? Making CoF P1 a 2 hour run, just for the sake of proving how bad i can be when i choose to.

It’s not telling other how to play, it’s giving advice on not to do the wrong thing.

If you joined my pug group doing that I dare say it would be an improvement in alot of cases -_-

Ethics.4519

@ Ethics.

How about i bring a class just to annoy you for the sake of annoying you in a dungeon? Bringing a naked GS mesmer to KB everything you just pulled into a nice ball. Or spam LB #4 on my bearbow, knock everything about of your blind fields, force you to chase them. Bring a masterwork AH clerics guardian, aggro everything and pull them to the group? I am going to make your CoF P1 a 2 hour run, just for the sake of proving how bad i can be when i choose to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

It was pretty thick. I’m not sure how you missed it.

RIP in peace Robert

swiftpaw.6397

@ Ethics.

When you have someone like antigw who is serious, it’s hard to tell sometimes XD

Bunmaster.9734

Nowadays some in the dungeon forums are White Knights of Justice. They sweep down from their mighty castles to destroy elitists or anyone who wants to be efficient, in order to protect bads.
So yeah, i won’t try to find out if it’s sarcasm or not. I will just reply on what ppl write and be done with it.

CryxTryx.9208

You were trying to control how he plays. He likes to press 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5. Stop being so elitist. You should have been kicked.

Don’t you realise that everyone complaining bout elitists and the fact that they shouldn’t try to control how people gear and how people play are attempting to exert the same control over the ‘elists’ by telling them who they should play with and how they should play with them.

If you want to come into a dungeon and press 1,2,3,4,5 the whole way that is fine and I have nothing against you. I also have no obligation to play in the same dungeon as you.

You telling me that I should keep you in my group and get you through the dungeon is telling me to play a certain way and according to your mantra that is a big ‘no, no’.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

lol guys, seriously…

Oceanic [LOD]

Ethics.4519

lol guys, seriously…

=^.^=

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

If you refuse to respect others because they don’t use the “best” skills/gear/weapons, then you are a bad player. And a jerk

What blows me away is that people in this game call themselves casual and wear it like a badge of honor as though playing badly and making mistakes are something to be proud of. How many times do you hear “oh i know the best spec/gear/etc but id rather play …”? They are making a conscious decision to play worse then they are capable of being.

and the thing is they talk down to those of us who work on being better on playing better on becoming the best of the best. They tell us we aren’t allowed to dictate how they play. Its their game too and its their choice, but don’t you dare kick them from a group or they will start posting to reddit about how you scammed them out of their tokens.

Anet should make an addendum to their statement “Play how you want, but don’t expect others to put up with you.”

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

@ Ethics.

When you have someone like antigw who is serious, it’s hard to tell sometimes XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

CryxTryx.9208

Reminds me of some weird sci-fi plot where the world is largely made up of incompetence yet instead of the elite rising to the top they are oppressed for being exceptional. They are sinful and selfish for having more skills then the rest and they should only use those skills to help out those less fortune then they.

Actually I think Terry Goodkind wrote a book on that.. I think it is called faith of the fallen.

Broadicea.8294

If you refuse to respect others because they don’t use the “best” skills/gear/weapons, then you are a bad player. And a jerk

What blows me away is that people in this game call themselves casual and wear it like a badge of honor as though playing badly and making mistakes are something to be proud of. How many times do you hear “oh i know the best spec/gear/etc but id rather play …”? They are making a conscious decision to play worse then they are capable of being.

and the thing is they talk down to those of us who work on being better on playing better on becoming the best of the best. They tell us we aren’t allowed to dictate how they play. Its their game too and its their choice, but don’t you dare kick them from a group or they will start posting to reddit about how you scammed them out of their tokens.

Anet should make an addendum to their statement “Play how you want, but don’t expect others to put up with you.”

Yup, exactly, and it’s why I say GW2 has the worst playerbase ever, dungeon forum posters excepted. Never seen people so proud to be so bad and so hateful of people who strive to be better.

Wukunlin.8461

Reminds me of some weird sci-fi plot where the world is largely made up of incompetence yet instead of the elite rising to the top they are oppressed for being exceptional. They are sinful and selfish for having more skills then the rest and they should only use those skills to help out those less fortune then they.

Actually I think Terry Goodkind wrote a book on that.. I think it is called faith of the fallen.

the whole SoT’s series is a good read. Although at some point it starts to feel like the author explaining his disgust with communism through a story in a world with magic.

Oceanic [LOD]

CryxTryx.9208

the whole SoT’s series is a good read. Although at some point it starts to feel like the author explaining his disgust with communism through a story in a world with magic.

So what you are saying is that you believe that the ‘casual’ player base are communists..

Wukunlin.8461

So what you are saying is that you believe that the ‘casual’ player base are communists..

Attachments:

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

And here I am just sitting around with my kitteninson in my hand. What am I doing with my lyfe.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

Well, let me tell you why my group kicked 3 people from LFG when we were advertising for a frac 38 full Zerg.

First Warrior: random gears with Rune of Bealfire, Rune of Orrian, Rune of Night Mare.

Second Mesmer: random gears with Rune of Bealfire, Rune of Nightmare, Rune of Noble.

Third Warrior: Zerk with Rune of Bealfire, Rune of Centaur, Rune of Traveler.

You see the problem here? Honestly even if I’m asking for zerk, I probably won’t kick if they link a full Knight set with full Ruby or Obal or Sapphire. Maybe not idea in my term but at least I know the player put time and afford into gearing a set that works for him. Calling us however you wish, but those 3 above are exactly why we have to ask pug to ping their gears because a lot spend no afford whatsoever. How can you ask other to accommodate you while you don’t even bother to accommodate yourself?

Adding insult to injury is that the post was very clear about asking for zerk only, and I seriously doubt they didn’t read. A few weeks ago I pug an AC asking for lvl 80 only. A dude at lvl 68 joint, and as soon as he joint he said “oh shoot didn’t know it’s 80 only”. But guess what, the dude didn’t leave, we wait for a couple minutes before kicking him. At that point we’re pretty sure that he did read the post, join anyway and was hoping for us to say “nah it’s ok”. And no, I’m not going to debate about AC being a lvl35 dungeon, the point is he and the other 3 players are looking for free pass by leeching off a group they know can do thing quickly and I can assure you, there are more of them then there are the people you called elitist.

Again, I’m pretty sure most of these people did read the advertisement, and because they do they know the run will most likely be fast so they try to fish their way in. When they’re found out and get kicked, they come to the forum and complain about other being elitist (of course without mentioning the fact that they wish they can leech of a run of said group).

(edited by Abriel.4103)

Broadicea.8294

the point is he and the other 3 players are looking for free pass by leeching off a group they know can do thing quickly and I can assure you, there are more of them then there are the people you called elitist.

Again, I’m pretty sure most of these people did read the advertisement, and because they do they know the run will most likely be fast so they try to fish their way in. When they’re found out and get kicked, they come to the forum and complain about other being elitist (of course without mentioning the fact that they wish they can leech of a run of said group).

dingdingding

Attachments: