Increasing frustration in dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

So we’ve read a lot about how ppl are frustrated right now that they aren’t able to WP and run back into action once they die.

The frustration comes from not being able to join your party in combat and just lying there and watching them play, while you maybe get a sandwich and grab a drink. To add to that, youwon’t get loot if you die at a boss and are not rezzed, even if you were involved in bringing the boss to 1% HP, and you die, no loot. So i can understand that frustration, since in the pre-patch dungeons, as long as you would WP, and boss would die, youd get loot as long as youd be alive.

Let’s add something to that now. Just minutes ago, i was in a CoF p1 run. We get to endboss. Everything is going smooth, as usual…until my guildmate gets taken down and pretty much gets destroyed by a chain of crystals which bombard him left and right. He dies. Boss is at 25% HP. I decide to go rezz him because i don’t want him to miss out on loot, right? So i do that, and dodge and heal and whatnot while the boss is being taken down by the other 3 in the party…the rez was taking forever, of course, because im still in combat and very close to boss.

In the end, i wasn’t able to fully rez him before boss got defeated. He got no loot, he was kitten of course….what’s the kicker here? Even tho i had taken boss down to 25% with the rest of my party, I got no loot when he was killed. For rezzing my teammate. Im guessing the time lapse between my last attack on him and his defeat was too great.

Here i thought Anet was trying to encourage teamwork, coordination, skill….rezzing someone while a boss is going crazy on you and can easily take 1/2 your HP out in one-shot isnt exactly easy, yet we were trying to do it, and almost got there before boss was dead. Yet, despite our valiant efforts and determination to give our party member a shot at his hard-earned loot…WE get punished.

Need i say more?

Arenanet, get it together. Give me a reason to still have fun in dungeons, give me a reason not to hate on you, and give me a reason to recommend this game to my friends. As is, i cannot do the aforementioned things, because it is simply not rewarding nor is it fun.

(edited by Mario Lemieux.9107)

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Maybe he shouldn’t have died

Mario Lemieux.9107

Get your pretentious kitten out of GW2 and back into another game, thanks.

Ppl die in dungeons. Even experienced players. But that’s a whole other issue.

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Oh you’re right.

And when I die in dungeons I don’t expect to still get loot for failing to stay alive.

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

Communicate with the 3 others dpsing, he doesnt heal back up past 33%. Don’t die next time. He died, he got no loot. Nothing wrong with that. Only thing that sucks is you ressing him and not getting loot as well cause it took you too long.

Mario Lemieux.9107

Oh you’re right.

And when I die in dungeons I don’t expect to still get loot for failing to stay alive.

Maybe you don’t get it…the issue is not about not getting loot when you’re dead. That’s just too bad.

The issue here is a player being punished for attempting to rez his dead teammate. Ludicrous.

Mario Lemieux.9107

Communicate with the 3 others dpsing, he doesnt heal back up past 33%. Don’t die next time. He died, he got no loot. Nothing wrong with that. Only thing that sucks is you ressing him and not getting loot as well cause it took you too long.

Yes that is what sucks, thanks. Shouldn’t happen IMO, it’s ridiculous not to reward a player who did 75% of the work and didn’t die AND who wanted to help another player.

You know what that means? Next time, i wont rez anyone who is dead as long as the boss is getting killed. Ill get my loot, they wont get theirs, everyone’s happy and Anet implicitly discouraged teamwork. Win win, right?

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

There’s not a whole lot you can do if that boss wants you dead. the crystals are one of the few stuns (or in this case knockdowns) that will chainstun you if they hit in succession. Some knockdowns will knock you down, but then if you’re hit by another knockdown it wont apply, you’ll still be under the effects of the (now most likely ending) first knockdown. and you’ll be able to move before another one strikes you.

The crystals on the other hand will destroy you. If a single one of them hits you and you dont have a stunbreak skill it is entirely possible for the boss to 100 →0 you with no way for you to do anything. And if you’re playing one of the 5 classes that cant move while downed, you can get smacked around some more, (as will anyone who comes to try and assist you)

Sure you can say “well he shouldnt have been hit” but that means you’re saying that no party member should be even be hit once by a crystal, or they dont deserve the boss loot. That’s not even elitism, that’s just plain stupidity.

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I’ve had this same thing happen to me on the Troll in AC… I’m ressing at the end of the fight to try to get someone up so they can get loot, and I get nothing.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Mario Lemieux.9107

There’s not a whole lot you can do if that boss wants you dead. the crystals are one of the few stuns (or in this case knockdowns) that will chainstun you if they hit in succession. Some knockdowns will knock you down, but then if you’re hit by another knockdown it wont apply, you’ll still be under the effects of the (now most likely ending) first knockdown. and you’ll be able to move before another one strikes you.

The crystals on the other hand will destroy you. If a single one of them hits you and you dont have a stunbreak skill it is entirely possible for the boss to 100 ->0 you with no way for you to do anything. And if you’re playing one of the 5 classes that cant move while downed, you can get smacked around some more, (as will anyone who comes to try and assist you)

Sure you can say “well he shouldnt have been hit” but that means you’re saying that no party member should be even be hit once by a crystal, or they dont deserve the boss loot. That’s not even elitism, that’s just plain stupidity.

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if i had titled my topic “All elitists please comment here”

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

The same thing happened to me in AC with Kohler. A party member went down in the water, and I jumped in to res her. Kohler was probably on the last 5% of his HP bar, and I still didn’t get anything.

On a completely unrelated note, I know of OP from in-game in the sense that we are both non-representing members of the same guild. I just wanted to share

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Not getting loot because you were dead when the boss was killed is a bug.

Or if it isn’t, it doesn’t always apply – I died on the bridge fight of COF1 last night (stupidly fell off) and came back to loot him after the rest of the group killed him.

Mario Lemieux.9107

Or if it isn’t, it doesn’t always apply – I died on the bridge fight of COF1 last night (stupidly fell off) and came back to loot him after the rest of the group killed him.

Perhaps that’s because you weren’t killed but rather fell off an edge and killed yourself…

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Looks like an issue which they should fix. Good that you brought this up.

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Perhaps that’s because you weren’t killed but rather fell off an edge and killed yourself…

Maybe, but that’s only the most recent example I can think of. I’m fairly sure I’ve died before and never had problems looting after. I can’t imagine that is their design philosophy (absolutely perfect play).

Mario Lemieux.9107

Maybe, but that’s only the most recent example I can think of. I’m fairly sure I’ve died before and never had problems looting after. I can’t imagine that is their design philosophy (absolutely perfect play).

Well i clearly remember dying and not being able to loot a boss’s corpse a few times as well. Chests on the other hand is a different story.

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

The Champion on the bridge isn’t a boss….. he doesn’t drop boss loot, just standard Champion loot. If he dropped boss loot (10s + / bag of wonderous goods) more people would do the bridge event.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer