in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nafets.1238

Nafets.1238

Keep current functionality and add this

Right Click ->

Use Infinite Mist Offensive Potion
Use Infinite Mist Defensive Potion
Use Infinite Mist Mobility Potion

Similar to salvage kits. I want to make the omnipotion but sometimes I play thief or warrior in fractals.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

I don’t really understand the post. I just have one infinite omnipotion in shared inventory slot…whichever char I’m on can just double-click it. Why would you only want one of the buffs!?

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Nafets.1238

I don’t really understand the post. I just have one infinite omnipotion in shared inventory slot…whichever char I’m on can just double-click it. Why would you only want one of the buffs!?

Professions like Warrior or Thief have traits that increase their DPS if endurance is not full. They should not use the Mist Mobility Potion.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Gotta play the class. Having too much endurance means you have to dodge if you want the buff. That’s gameplay if you want conditional buffs.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Thief also has a trait that gives them 10% extra damage for 4 seconds after dodging, and makes that dodge deal damage. With a Mist Mobility Potion you can make use of that trait much more often.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The current functionality includes automatically refreshing all 3 buffs whenever you use a mistlock singularity, so it wouldn’t be enough to offer the right-click option.

Perhaps ANet could turn this into an optional function by letting the BLING golem exchange the omni potion as follows:

• Infinite Mist Omnipotion: the current one; works exactly as it works today.
  • Infinite Mist Multippotion: has the functionality requested by the OP — doubleclicking offers all three buffs or you can right-click and choose one buff at a time; does not refresh with use of a singularity.
  • Infinite Mist kitten ipotion: works the same as the omnipoition, but without increasing endurance regeneration.

I suspect that it would be easier to offer new functionality by adding new items than it would be to rework the omnipotion so it can be optimized by thieves and warriors with the relevant traits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: IonoI.3956

IonoI.3956

The focus in fractals(and pretty much any other content except training golems) shouldn’t be on getting perfect dps buffs. 99% of the time having more dodges is better.

you won’t fail a fractal because you didn’t have that buff 100% of the time.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Nafets.1238

Gotta play the class. Having too much endurance means you have to dodge if you want the buff. That’s gameplay if you want conditional buffs.

What? When I play thief or warrior I simply choose what infinite potions I want to put on me. I also want one shared slot to be used instead of three.

Thief also has a trait that gives them 10% extra damage for 4 seconds after dodging, and makes that dodge deal damage. With a Mist Mobility Potion you can make use of that trait much more often.

You can already make use to that trait to the max without the buff. That’s the idea of making a party of highly experienced players with perfect DPS rotations. The mobility potions get in the way.

The focus in fractals(and pretty much any other content except training golems) shouldn’t be on getting perfect dps buffs. 99% of the time having more dodges is better.

The focus in fractals in MY group is what I decide to be. If I want perfect DPS buffs in a perfect scenario then that’s my focus. I’m already part of a hardcore PVE guild in which we are able to pull this off.

Peeps, I’m not talking about pugging, lfg, random group compositions, 4 necro 1 druid.
The options I asked in my first post are for the players that want to achieve some perfect scores. If you don’t like it, you can simply ignore it, as it doesn’t affect you in any way.

(edited by Nafets.1238)

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Although that’s true, it doesn’t change the reasons for the OP’s suggestion: they want full control over the buffs. That seems reasonable to me.

Of course, it’s unclear whether ANet will decide this should be prioritized over the gazillion other reasonable suggestions.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i think thats a really small issue for a small portion of the player base if i was playing war or thief myself i wouldnt ask for stuff like this when they could use that one dev for something else more importand since the infinite buffs last for 2 hours and all you elitists can clear content in under 2 hours im sure you wouldnt mind clicking 2 potions instead of 1 now would you?

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Although that’s true, it doesn’t change the reasons for the OP’s suggestion: they want full control over the buffs. That seems reasonable to me.

Of course, it’s unclear whether ANet will decide this should be prioritized over the gazillion other reasonable suggestions.

think is they got controll over the buffs just dont make the omnipotion

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

think is they got controll over the buffs just dont make the omnipotion

Yes but they want the 2 inventory slots they use up aswell by not combining the potions, me thinks

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: IonoI.3956

IonoI.3956

I’d be surprised if this type of item can be so flexible, especially since there would have to be a way to control which buffs activate when you use a mistlock singularity.

Maybe they can make a way to split the omnipotion back into 3

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Professions like Warrior or Thief have traits that increase their DPS if endurance is not full. They should not use the Mist Mobility Potion.

Ok, good point; I never really got into warrior. I suppose if you’re trying to 40 farm or T4 speedrun, you’re trying to eke out every little bit of DPS.
It’s still a bit surprising to me that you wouldn’t enjoy the movement speed or the extra half dodge or so. I remember when I was still making the pots and generally switched over to fractal necro main, the infinite mobility was the first one I made, and I never looked back. I still advise aspiring fractal necros to make the mobility pot first, since, after all, a fast necro is pretty scary ;P
Looks like you’re in a different situation with a specialized dungeon-like comp, so perhaps this new feature could help you. (Random note to self: fully complete Nightmare CM on non-necro class ;P)

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: peeterske.9134

peeterske.9134

I couldnt agree more with this post. I made the potion and only realised afterwards, I guess I won’t be playing warrior and thief in fractals without paying relics…

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I couldnt agree more with this post. I made the potion and only realised afterwards, I guess I won’t be playing warrior and thief in fractals without paying relics…

You can contact support; they can probably help you convert it back to individual potions.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

What? When I play thief or warrior I simply choose what infinite potions I want to put on me. I also want one shared slot to be used instead of three.

You can already make use to that trait to the max without the buff. That’s the idea of making a party of highly experienced players with perfect DPS rotations. The mobility potions get in the way.

The focus in fractals in MY group is what I decide to be. If I want perfect DPS buffs in a perfect scenario then that’s my focus. I’m already part of a hardcore PVE guild in which we are able to pull this off.

Peeps, I’m not talking about pugging, lfg, random group compositions, 4 necro 1 druid.
The options I asked in my first post are for the players that want to achieve some perfect scores. If you don’t like it, you can simply ignore it, as it doesn’t affect you in any way.

They don’t have the spare resources to waste on something trivial like this.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

If you want to do something super niche, just do it. Don’t ask the game devs to waste their time to serve it to you on a silver platter. Just take an infinite offensive potion and an infinite defensive potion and not an infinite mobility or omni potion. Simple. This topic is ridiculous.

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

i feel like i am inclined to agree with this idea

however the chances of anet actually implementing it are so minimal

Far Shiverpeaks

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

If you want to do something super niche, just do it. Don’t ask the game devs to waste their time to serve it to you on a silver platter. Just take an infinite offensive potion and an infinite defensive potion and not an infinite mobility or omni potion. Simple. This topic is ridiculous.

I don’t think u understand the severity of the problem he’s facing. His concern is actually prty legit purely from a min-max perspective. I mean with infinite omnipot and war mechanics being how they are, there’s basically a very low chance to ever benefit from that minor trait. It’s like they could take it out from game & it would have little or no impact for fotm

It’s not just the extra endure regen to worry abt, with war constantly have to spam f1 to upkeep dmg bonus from berserkers power. This also has the inadvertent side effect of refilling our endurance bar slightly (abt 25% it looks like). Thus it also works against another minor trait that depends on not having that same bar full. It’s compounded by skills like the new heal one (idk the name) that resets our f1 cooldown to facilitate us spamming it more often. You’ll more likely encounter this in raids where u can actually substitute it in place of heal signet tbh.

But basically it’s a pretty significant problem, for me especially I can agree. Just bc it doesn’t apply to ur class/build or whatever doesn’t make the issue ‘ridiculous’. Its basically a problem of never benefiting from that minor trait with omnipot. It’s fine in fights like 100 cm but those ones are far and in between. Suggesting to include a ‘double dodge’ in our rotations is not helpful either, especially when we’re not a class that relies on dodges for active defenses, but rather more on blocks and invuln. Even if we empty our endurance bar like u would say, it refills so fast that we barely can finish a channeled burst like hundred blade in time before it wears off.. and iirc the last hit in a hb is the one that deals the most dmg so.. yeah its a problem.

So i agree mayb a toggle on/off for some ancillary effects of these infinite pots (such as the endurance regen bonus one, for the few fights we actually need it) would be nice. Especially when for most of the rare occasions we might actually need it, we actually dont. The bloomhunger fight irrc alrdy grants u like perma bonus to ur endurance recharge rate long as ur in the green areas. So yeah

Arun Kar

Infinite Mist Omnipotion

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I can’t say that I agree with the thread based on the issues that it interferes with class optimisation. As in, the effects of the potion were upfront and the description was pretty clear on that you would get the effects of all three.

If it’s that big of an issue, I would suggest submitting a ticket with the support team to see if they can break down the potion back to its components.

If adding a right-click option can be coded in as a quick fix? Then sure, I’d be fine with that. Though if adding in the right-click option could potentially bug the functionality of the potion? Then I’ll pass. I’d rather keep the potion in its current iteration rather than potentially breaking it to accommodate a small portion of the community.