Infused accessories and necklace? FotM

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

When will we get a recipe to infuse accessories and necklace?

and how do people survive any fotm higher than 40+ at Maw? like dubya U Tee Eff… sigh.

I mean without guardians using their elite skills …we all would wipe constantly (in which case it kinda goes against the Gw2’s stance on not having a holy trinity). Even then, not everyone can survive agony at fotm 40 + even with 45 AR which I think is the highest possible atm. Am i wrong? is there a new patch I dont know about?

Plus, I’ll take Dredge and Grawl any time over Cliff Side fotM. Those chanters are OP. When devs decided to nerf certain professions, why did’t they also nerf monsters to even things out? srsly!

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

45 is indeed the highest you can get atm. If you have no guardian there is the 99% trick which still works the last time I checked. bs work, even then its only the odd lvls)

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Seeing that Anet capped fractals at 50 , and how agony scales exponentially, I’m not sure how necessary/valuable the extra agony resist would be. Recipes to infuse amulets and accessories would still be nice though.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

getting higher AR would made 40-49 way easier.

You get mostly oneshot with current AR.
Its the reason why 38 is so easy compared to 40+

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

getting higher AR would made 40-49 way easier.

You get mostly oneshot with current AR.
Its the reason why 38 is so easy compared to 40+

In the higher levels though, you pretty much get 1 shot no matter what, so it becomes more about prevention (dodging/reflection/aegis) than tanking with AR.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

At 48 there are bosses that shots with agony…..but not with damage.

Mossman and lava shaman being the most annoying.

Both of them are way more easy without agony on their Attacks.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I can survive agony with 40 ar as a thief without using water fields. All I need to do is haste and pistol inside shadow refuge and shoot for free heals. I won’t stay up but if I do that with some minor heals from a shout warrior or a guard I live and if there’s 1 other person in the same state as me, one of us will get up with the invis I provide. If I dropped the gold infusion for agony, I’d be able to survive easy solo. Probably could survive solo if I put 30 in sa but that’d be dumb and make me worthless during the rest of the run.

Pro-tip. Vitality gets you killed in fractals. The lower your total hp, the more your heal skill does for you. Since I have 11k total health, 100 heals are twice as effective for me as they would be for a warrior.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I can survive agony with 40 ar as a thief without using water fields. All I need to do is haste and pistol inside shadow refuge and shoot for free heals. I won’t stay up but if I do that with some minor heals from a shout warrior or a guard I live and if there’s 1 other person in the same state as me, one of us will get up with the invis I provide. If I dropped the gold infusion for agony, I’d be able to survive easy solo. Probably could survive solo if I put 30 in sa but that’d be dumb and make me worthless during the rest of the run.

Pro-tip. Vitality gets you killed in fractals. The lower your total hp, the more your heal skill does for you. Since I have 11k total health, 100 heals are twice as effective for me as they would be for a warrior.

As a warrior with 24k health and a healing ability that nets me 9k health every 40 secs I very rarely get downed. Usually its when Im picking up a thief but thx for the refuge just the same.

veasna.3675

Oh man, I never thought of vitality as being such a nuisance in FotM. I guess my PVT build for warrior is a bit off. I’ll try mixing it up with my zerk gears.

(edited by veasna.3675)

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Searching for recipes for accessories (infused) i found this:
http://www.gw2db.com/items/74109-totem-of-the-gorilla-infused

How could it possibly be done? I thought there were no ways to infuse acessories.

I bought Totem of The Gorilla Ascended, and acoording to thi GW2DB there are 2 versions of it: the normal ascended one, and the infused one. Though i haven’t found the recipe for upgrading it.

Would it work using the “ring” recipe, 1 Shard, 3 Glob and 5 Vials of Mists Essence?

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

If you look at the stats on the linked item they are the same as the item you purchased except that it has +5 AR. The difference is the way its displayed. The item you now have is exactly the same. Just get into the fractals and get yourself the 5 AR from the vendor for 75 relics.

brunobyof.3541

I was told that by just applying the infusion on the infusion slot, it wouldn’t change the name of the item to (infused), it would only apply the + 5 AR.
However, for the rings and the back, you can really infuse it using the Mystic Forge, then the item would have +5 AR naturally (infused), without ever applying an infusion, wich would let you get +10 AR from the item with an applied infusion.

So, i assume that by just applying the infusion the acessory will change its name?

brunobyof.3541

Just to make it clear:
We can upgrade Ascended Rings into Infused Rings on the Mystic Forge by putting 1 shard, 3 glob and 5 vials of mists essence along with the ascended ring on it. The output is an infused ring with +5 AR AND one slot

My question is about THIS kind of upgrade, upon the acessories. Is there a way to obtain +10 AR from acessories?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

There is currently not. GW2DB just pulls items from the dat files, which means that one is just buried in there somewhere. Accessories and Amulets currently cannot be upgraded to 10 AR.

Retired. Too many casuals.

veasna.3675

Seeing how we ‘ll get ascended weapons and armors, infusion recipe might not be necessary anymore. That said, I’d be bumped having to take away runes or sigil from my weapon/armors in order to increase AR.