Infusing Is Too Expensive

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

Infusing a backpiece and rings is way too expensive. 250 ectos for each piece is way overboard!
(You can’t get infused viper/sinister rings as a drop)

For example, at the moment infusing all your gear would cost 84.4 gold each. That’s 422g total. Just for infusing. In ectos alone! I’m not even talking about crafting ascended armor & weapons…

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

(edited by Ithamir.5928)

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Infusing has never been cheaper and less complicated.

Ithamir.5928

Before HoT you could do fractals until your infused ascended trinket dropped. With the new stats introduced this is no longer a possibility. So it’s very much different than how it used to be. Before you could either pay up and get it fast or be patient and persistent and get it as a drop.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Infusing a backpiece and rings is way too expensive. 250 ectos for each piece is way overboard!
(You can’t get infused viper/sinister rings as a drop)

For example, at the moment infusing all your gear would cost 84.4 gold each. That’s 422g total. Just for infusing. In ectos alone! I’m not even talking about crafting ascended armor & weapons…

Only the backpack has that 250 ecto cost. The rings have a much more reasonable infusion recipe. The rest of the gear only require the infusion. You’ll never have to go past +9 infusions to reach 150 AR and those aren’t expensive at all.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Before HoT you could do fractals until your infused ascended trinket dropped. With the new stats introduced this is no longer a possibility. So it’s very much different than how it used to be. Before you could either pay up and get it fast or be patient and persistent and get it as a drop.

I believe Hesacon means placing an infusion is cheap nowadays (which it is), while you are talking about adding the “infused” property to a non infused backpiece/ring.
Rings are actually cheap to infuse (if you ran enough fractals you should have the materials, might have to split some crystals into globs and those into vials).
Infusing a backpiece is expensive, but that has not changed from before, you always had to pay 250 ectos for the last step.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Rings are :
5*30s for vials (1.5g)
3*96 for globs (2.88g)
1* 288s for shards (2.88g)

Total: 7.26g plus some fractal relics

So it’s really just the back piece. And, you have the alternative of leaving it uninfused and using more +9’s. I don’t want to do the math for the price comparison but I imagine it’s going to be similar or slightly less to infuse.

In total though you’re looking at ~100g to infuse your rings and back slot, really not bad at all. That’s a few days of running fractals and selling things off.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I blame the design choices when it came to the names.

Ithamir.5928

Rings are :
5*30s for vials (1.5g)
3*96 for globs (2.88g)

Total: 7.26g plus some fractal relics.

Thank you for correcting me. I thought I had to use 250 ectos on each piece. I’m glad I was wrong :P

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

For the rings, fractal chests also have a decent chance to drop infused versions and attuning is incredibly cheap. Alternatively, all the mats for infusing also drop from fractals themselves. If you don’t want to spend the money, patience is your ally.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

Rings are :
5*30s for vials (1.5g)
3*96 for globs (2.88g)

Total: 7.26g plus some fractal relics.

Thank you for correcting me. I thought I had to use 250 ectos on each piece. I’m glad I was wrong :P

You could also make several Mawdreys as back items. They’re fairly easy to make and don’t need 250 ectos to upgrade, but 10 crystalline dust instead.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not to mention: 250 ecto is cheaper today than it has been in a long time.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”