Intentions For Berserker Gear?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

So there was exactly one area in the game, where berserker gear was preferred…that received any type of recurring updates. Every other game mode preferred gear with more survival stats. Its looking like condi will be the new PvE meta now if the fractal update is any trend on what to expect in PvE and the still vague “challenging group content”. Where exactly does berserker gear fit into the game now? It seems like ANET just wasted a lot of resources to shift the same problem around in game…and possibly create a new issue. Previously, condi was trash in PvE due to ramp up time on damage and the efficiency of direct damage. Now condi will be king due to its reliance on one damage stat…leaving room for two defensive stats and toughness/hp scaling …that condi does best against. Good job?…now you have a different disenfranchised gear set…only this time…there is no other game mode that prefers this disenfranchised gear set.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You are complaining about something you know nothing about other than vague descriptions. It is possible to make other gear sets slightly more appealing to use to the average player without completely trashing berserker gear.

Worry you should not, at least not without specific details.

ODB.6891

You are complaining about something you know nothing about other than vague descriptions. It is possible to make other gear sets slightly more appealing to use to the average player without completely trashing berserker gear.

Worry you should not, at least not without specific details.

The “vague” description is pretty specific on what direction they are going. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this the venue to voice these concerns..I’m sorry…“complaints”?…or should I call them “worries”. We know exactly what toughness does for condi versus power…nothing vague about that. We know exactly the stat combinations on gear…how the increased precision scaling on mobs will affect some condi setups versus berserker/assassin setups. We know exactly what the preferred sets are in other game modes. I think the information is not as vague as you intimate. The only vagueness is on the level of the scaling they implement…and we know they are going to implement it if they have gone as far as this announcement. A reasonable assumption is that the scaling will be substantial from fotm 50 to 100. Now is the time to express concerns…as soon as they announce it.

(edited by ODB.6891)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It is the venue to voice concerns, but what I mean is that you’re kind of already complaining about having to switch to condi builds and that berserker gear is going to be rendered useless when you don’t know whether or not this is true.

You know that they will increase the scaling on multiple attributes rather than just health and outgoing damage, but you also know that they are releasing FotM-specific consumables from the vendor in the mistlock observatory. Could it be that these consumables will give us an insane amount of crit chance in certain fractals? We don’t know, but it could be.

There could be a lot of things. After all, they specifically stated at the end that the blogpost was only part of what they had in store for us and they didn’t tell us what exactly they were going to do.

Expressing concerns about maybe having to switch gear sets is one thing, but your post seems like you have no doubt that it will happen which is why I’m trying to tell you in as kind of a way that I can muster whilst still being realistic that you’re being a little quick to jump the gun. :|

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

ODB.6891

It is the venue to voice concerns, but what I mean is that you’re kind of already complaining about having to switch to condi builds and that berserker gear is going to be rendered useless when you don’t know whether or not this is true.

You know that they will increase the scaling on multiple attributes rather than just health and outgoing damage, but you also know that they are releasing FotM-specific consumables from the vendor in the mistlock observatory. Could it be that these consumables will give us an insane amount of crit chance in certain fractals? We don’t know, but it could be.

There could be a lot of things. After all, they specifically stated at the end that the blogpost was only part of what they had in store for us and they didn’t tell us what exactly they were going to do.

Expressing concerns about maybe having to switch gear sets is one thing, but your post seems like you have no doubt that it will happen which is why I’m trying to tell you in as kind of a way that I can muster whilst still being realistic that you’re being a little quick to jump the gun. :|

When I comment or post on something, it will be more based off of specifics revealed and their previous actions. It will not be based off of the possibility of them doing something different than their trends have shown. I will be pleasantly surprised if they do go against a negative trend I post about though. That being said, I don’t take the consumable into account because they have not been specific about what it will do. I’m of the opinion that consumables should be optional. Based specifically on what they have revealed and previous patterns…I think my concerns are reasonable. I don’t need “kindness” in responses btw….just say what you have to say that’s relevant and leave the targeted catch words out.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The vagueness is the lack on concrete numbers. Yes, Anet said they would be increasing precision and toughness of mobs though technically even increasing their attributes by 1 point is still an increase by definition. The fact is until we are given the exact details of numbers we won’t know what/if we need to adapt.

Unless they add very high values of armor, berserker will still be viable. Condi gear will be more appealing though for teams that can’t sustain high damage through Power brute-forcing alone.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

So there was exactly one area in the game, where berserker gear was preferred…that received any type of recurring updates. Every other game mode preferred gear with more survival stats. Its looking like condi will be the new PvE meta now if the fractal update is any trend on what to expect in PvE and the still vague “challenging group content”. Where exactly does berserker gear fit into the game now? It seems like ANET just wasted a lot of resources to shift the same problem around in game…and possibly create a new issue. Previously, condi was trash in PvE due to ramp up time on damage and the efficiency of direct damage. Now condi will be king due to its reliance on one damage stat…leaving room for two defensive stats and toughness/hp scaling …that condi does best against. Good job?…now you have a different disenfranchised gear set…only this time…there is no other game mode that prefers this disenfranchised gear set.

Berzerker useful in only 1 area?

There are classes that use zerker for roaming meta
There are classes that use zerker for zerging meta, like necros.
There spvp classes that use zerker for spvp meta, like thieves and mesmers.
Most pve meta builds are zerker.

Berzerker is probably one of the 2 or 3 most used stats in the game. Anet is doing a good move making condis and other specs more viable.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Berzerker useful in only 1 area?

There are classes that use zerker for roaming meta
There are classes that use zerker for zerging meta, like necros.
There spvp classes that use zerker for spvp meta, like thieves and mesmers.
Most pve meta builds are zerker.

Berzerker is probably one of the 2 or 3 most used stats in the game. Anet is doing a good move making condis and other specs more viable.

Thing is, right now condi’s actually are performing right up there with zerker for professions that are proficient in condi’s (mainly burning). The problem with adding significant toughness across the board in high level fractals is it’ll be reversing the parity and diversity they just created. And beyond that there are professions that simply are mediocre at condi (necro funny enough) and the gap is bigger than that of the power builds.

I like the idea of some levels getting significant toughness increases, but I think it’s worth being concerned about it being a blanket change and making all high level fractals dominated by condi builds.

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Thieves, Necros, Rangers – In WvW will all basically be full zerker.
Lots of ele’s go full zerker (staff/support ele – not D/D)

This is true for both guild sized raid (20/25) and zerging. . . . roamers will use different armour though.

So WvW and PvE have a lot zerker armour users, not just PvE.

This could change in HoT though.. For example I am thinking of a Sinister Reaper to make use of dhumfire. A stack of burning on multiple targets every 0.5s with a 3s duration … so can keep 6stacks up with that alone. Chill damaging (based on condi dmg). Can get a few other condi’s in there, but throw in an epidemic and you can have 12stacks of burning on the enemies it spreads to.
……….
Of course there better classes to stack conditions, but to be fair I think more likely there going to be people running zerker/condi mixed gears in multiple areas of the game, and not just fractals. For some it be no change to currently, but for others it could bring new builds IF conditions become a necessity. It entirely possibly though that they may just boost SOME of the fractal enemies toughness within each island and thus you be better of having a mix of zerk and condition users. . . . i.e. on that colossus level. You may want some condi in your team for the archdivine, but the trash around seals arent getting much of a toughness boost so you want strong zerkers with you too in order to quickly clear them.