Is Arah shard farming intended?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

When the game first came out, I remember u could get shards from chest in Arah, obviously alot of ppl started jus farming the chest instead of finishing the full dungeon, and evenutally it was patched.

Somehow when Anet implemented the new dungeon reward system, they failed to realise a simple fact that ppl is gona farm shard the same way again if u allow champ and bosses to drop bags that contains shard.

This is really a bad thing cuz it deminishs the value of Arah armor and weapon value, Arah used to b a dungeon with some challenge and u wil need to work hard in order to get its armor set, but now every avarage joe can get it with ease as long as he or she put in the time for mindless grinding, it is really not fair for ppl who hav put in the efford to learn and beat the dungeon properly.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You get only 3 tokens and it’s not even guaranteed. People farm it for gold I presume.

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

300 for the pants alone and you’re talking 100+ runs for one piece of armor. Might as well do the whole dungeon as it’s not that hard with a half decent group. I ran path 2 and 3 on my mesmer in lvl 80 greens and wiped once. If someone is really willing to grind that much then thats more of an accomplishment than actually completing arah, good for them.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

Posted by: havoc.8569

havoc.8569

When the game first came out, I remember u could get shards from chest in Arah, obviously alot of ppl started jus farming the chest instead of finishing the full dungeon, and evenutally it was patched.

Somehow when Anet implemented the new dungeon reward system, they failed to realise a simple fact that ppl is gona farm shard the same way again if u allow champ and bosses to drop bags that contains shard.

This is really a bad thing cuz it deminishs the value of Arah armor and weapon value, Arah used to b a dungeon with some challenge and u wil need to work hard in order to get its armor set, but now every avarage joe can get it with ease as long as he or she put in the time for mindless grinding, it is really not fair for ppl who hav put in the efford to learn and beat the dungeon properly.

You mean people who have put in the effort to exploit the dungeon early? People were already decked out in Arah armor from those early shard runs. Sorry but having Arah armor doesn’t mean you’re 1337, it just means you exploited Arah instead of CoF as far as I’m concerned. Arah armor is right behind CoF armor in noob level.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You mean people who have put in the effort to exploit the dungeon early? People were already decked out in Arah armor from those early shard runs. Sorry but having Arah armor doesn’t mean you’re 1337, it just means you exploited Arah instead of CoF as far as I’m concerned. Arah armor is right behind CoF armor in noob level.

Does that mean I am noob?
On the serious note, I thought all dungeons were quite easy.

havoc.8569

I just meant plenty of people have exploited Arah in the past, so seeing people with Arah armor doesn’t mean anything because you dont know how they got it. It’s not some prestige armor so TC should stop complaining as if it were.

MibuGenjuro.2365

Don know abt others, but I got my full Arah armor set and GS + underwater spear from proper runs, I hav even started to salvage Arah rare armors in order to get ectos since I hav nothing else to buy with extra tokens, and all of which I ran legitimately. I hav done all 4 paths and does not know any exploits for beating giganticus if there is any, I do Arah when I want some fun after mindless event farming.

MibuGenjuro.2365

I just meant plenty of people have exploited Arah in the past, so seeing people with Arah armor doesn’t mean anything because you dont know how they got it. It’s not some prestige armor so TC should stop complaining as if it were.

I really dono wat kind exploit are there that u keep referring to for Arah? and if there are exploits in the past, can u tell me are these exploits stil in the game? if not then it already indicate Anet’s stand on the matter, in which case there is nothing wrong for me to warn them abt the current exploit.

and Im pretty close to 100% sure that the initial design of Anet is for Arah armor to b prestige or at least harder to get, otherwise why would they put giganticus in every path, which is the only hard thing abt this dungeon if u can even consider it “hard”.

(edited by MibuGenjuro.2365)

MibuGenjuro.2365

300 for the pants alone and you’re talking 100+ runs for one piece of armor. Might as well do the whole dungeon as it’s not that hard with a half decent group. I ran path 2 and 3 on my mesmer in lvl 80 greens and wiped once. If someone is really willing to grind that much then thats more of an accomplishment than actually completing arah, good for them.

I never said the dungeon was hard, but u must understand the definition of “hard” is relative to the ppl using it, so wat u find not hard might not apply to everyone else. If u ever paid attention to map chat at Cursed Shore, u would find that there are much more ppl lfg for arah farming then actually dungeon, this can only tell u one thing, that alot of ppl cant complete the dungeon.

And I really cant agree with u that grinding alot suppose to equal to some kind of accomplishment, at least that cant b true for dungeons, otherwise Anet wouldnt need to spend time designing all kind of different dungeon plays and jus make it all like event farming. There are things in this game that was meant for mindless grinding such as legendaries, but there suppose to b things that mindless grinding cant get u.

havoc.8569

I’m talking about the shard farm that you even mentioned. You said the average joe cant get Arah armor, but you’re wrong. People have been doing easy shard runs since the beginning to get a full armor sets. Arah armor doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.

MibuGenjuro.2365

I’m talking about the shard farm that you even mentioned. You said the average joe cant get Arah armor, but you’re wrong. People have been doing easy shard runs since the beginning to get a full armor sets. Arah armor doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.

And do u know how long that shard farming lasted? How many ppl got a ful Arah set from that kind of farming? Funny I never see alot of ppl wearing Arah set, and out of those who does Ive never known one that sucked at any dungeon, so even though I agree some ppl must hav gotten Arah armor from early farming, I don think there is alot of them at all, unlike what is happening now and gona happen in the near future.

Beside, jus becuz something happened before doesnt mean its acceptable to happen again, the fact Anet patched shard farming should indicate its not intended, and thus this thread serves as a message to warn Anet that its happening again.

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

I never said the dungeon was hard, but u must understand the definition of “hard” is relative to the ppl using it, so wat u find not hard might not apply to everyone else. If u ever paid attention to map chat at Cursed Shore, u would find that there are much more ppl lfg for arah farming then actually dungeon, this can only tell u one thing, that alot of ppl cant complete the dungeon.

And I really cant agree with u that grinding alot suppose to equal to some kind of accomplishment, at least that cant b true for dungeons, otherwise Anet wouldnt need to spend time designing all kind of different dungeon plays and jus make it all like event farming. There are things in this game that was meant for mindless grinding such as legendaries, but there suppose to b things that mindless grinding cant get u.

Nah man, what I’m saying is that for such a little reward (100 runs x 5-10min/per) = ~9-18hrs of farming arah nonstop. Boring, grindy, useless, but if someone has the patience for that….good for them. Doesn’t harm me any.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Does that mean I am noob?
On the serious note, I thought all dungeons were quite easy.

I wouldn’t say easy, but they certainly beat WoW’s 40-mans in terms of both ease and fun, if that’s the comparison.

Also, hello Haviz, and thanks again for taking us around Arah paths 2 and 3 on Saturday and for making it so easy! /wave

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

MibuGenjuro.2365

Nah man, what I’m saying is that for such a little reward (100 runs x 5-10min/per) = ~9-18hrs of farming arah nonstop. Boring, grindy, useless, but if someone has the patience for that….good for them. Doesn’t harm me any.

Sure this might not harm u directly, but then again bots didnt harm most of the players either, in fact they helped to keep things more affordable, but that doesnt make it ok.

There is little difference between a gaming community and a real one, while certain actions does not affect the live of others, as a member of the community its each and everyone’s responsiblity to make sure that its funcitoning as intended, I believe its called the duty of citizen in some countries.