Is GW2 Endgame pve worth it yet?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bojangles.9124

Bojangles.9124

I realize they recently updated things and such, but to be frank, is it good yet? does it stand up to wow raids?

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

It’s even worse with all these nerfs, you can end game in about 2 month (3h per day playtime), unless you want to grind legendary

Posted by: Bojangles.9124

Bojangles.9124

I meant at 80, is it worth it to do soley dungeons? are they good enought to be a standalone game like wow raids are?

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Why not play and find out? Honestly, this kind of thread is just baiting the people who love to whine about how much the game sucks.

Honestly, I enjoy it. Been playing since launch and haven’t gotten bored yet. But that may just be me.

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I realize they recently updated things and such, but to be frank, is it good yet? does it stand up to wow raids?

I don’t know if any change has made it better or worse. I enjoy dungeons despite them giving pathetic rewards out of chests. I am farming tokens for armor and weapons for variety of builds. I wish that unique skins dropped from dungeons but even without I enjoy running dungeons.

Does it stand up to wow raids? Nope but nor do I expect them to. Wow Raids had good points and bad points. The good having 25-40 (i did raiding from vanilla on up to WoTLK) that joked around had fun and took challenges and learning mechanics to beat bosses was great but it’s the same as GW2 in regards to dungeons. No matter what people say it’s all simply learning mechanics and once down they are simple. The only thing that WoW has on that is more people so it’s harder to get more people on the mechanice.

What WoW beats out is that you got unique skins dropping from bosses. Yes I get that it was random but in GW2 the dungeons simply have chests that mainly dole out blues, occasional greens, yellow here and there but rare, and even more rare an exotic… which you could generally find out in the world.

It’s just a general complaint but in the end I like the dungeons even though just about everything I get out of them (again mainly blues/greens) are vendor trash.

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

What WoW beats out is that you got unique skins dropping from bosses. Yes I get that it was random but in GW2 the dungeons simply have chests that mainly dole out blues, occasional greens, yellow here and there but rare, and even more rare an exotic… which you could generally find out in the world.

So 60 dungeon tokens guaranteed is worse than a raid boss dropping the sword you want with a .125% drop rate? 5 dungeon runs and you can definitely have the sword you want. You may never get it from a WoW raid.

I remember once in the Firelands one of our Shammies wanted this particular axe. It didn’t drop once in the 2 months we raided Firelands, until the one night he wasn’t there and it dropped twice. It never dropped again.

(edited by Hoyvin.3241)

Drunken Mad King.8193

So 60 dungeon tokens guaranteed is worse than a raid boss dropping the sword you want with a .125% drop rate? 5 dungeon runs and you can definitely have the sword you want. You may never get it from a WoW raid.

I remember once in the Firelands one of our Shammies wanted this particular axe. It didn’t drop once in the 2 months we raided Firelands, until the one night he wasn’t there and it dropped twice. It never dropped again.

Take things out of context. No no and no. I said I enjoy dungeons in GW2. I run them regularly. What I said was that it’s nice to have unique skins come from dungeons. I like the system of tokens for guaranteed, but wouldn’t it be nice to get unique skins (albeit at a low rate) from dungeons.

Please don’t take things out of context. I wasn’t saying that I preferred that system. I just prefer that ASPECT over the other. Killing a boss that has a chance to drop a unique skin over greens and blues (yes please). Yes I like the token system. In fact I love it. Just asking for it to be improved so that tokens are not the only thing to work toward.

Hoyvin.3241

Take things out of context. No no and no. I said I enjoy dungeons in GW2. I run them regularly. What I said was that it’s nice to have unique skins come from dungeons. I like the system of tokens for guaranteed, but wouldn’t it be nice to get unique skins (albeit at a low rate) from dungeons.

Please don’t take things out of context. I wasn’t saying that I preferred that system. I just prefer that ASPECT over the other. Killing a boss that has a chance to drop a unique skin over greens and blues (yes please). Yes I like the token system. In fact I love it. Just asking for it to be improved so that tokens are not the only thing to work toward.

I’m not taking anything out of context. I quoted you directly. I didn’t paraphrase. You said that in WoW you have the ability to get skins from raid bosses. And I said: but only if they drop. In GW2 you get a number of tokens which you then spend on gear with unique skins. How is WoW better? Sure, you MAY get the skin you want, but it’s FAR from guaranteed. Ask the guys doing high level fractals to get a fractal weapon skin which way is better.

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

This thread is blatant troll bait, by the way.

Hoyvin.3241

This thread is blatant troll bait, by the way.

Oh absolutely. It’s for WoW fanbois to take back to the Blizzard forums and say: “See I told you!” Doesn’t mean I can’t argue with the people who post and actually play the game.

Drunken Mad King.8193

I’m not taking anything out of context. I quoted you directly. I didn’t paraphrase. You said that in WoW you have the ability to get skins from raid bosses. And I said: but only if they drop. In GW2 you get a number of tokens which you then spend on gear with unique skins. How is WoW better? Sure, you MAY get the skin you want, but it’s FAR from guaranteed. Ask the guys doing high level fractals to get a fractal weapon skin which way is better.

The paragraph before stated that I enjoyed the dungeons and I was running dungeons for tokens. What you did was took one paragraph and took that as the entire statement on what I was saying as I felt random was the better way. I simply was saying having random chances at unique skins is better than getting greens and blues and generic skins you can get from anywhere in the world.

That is how you take something out of context be it out of a sentence, paragraph, or entire document.

How WoW is better is that they had unique skins that would drop from dungeon bosses. How is GW2 better they have tokens to buy armor and weapons.

Now do you get the picture?

Also just because someone I say WoW does 1 little thing better than GW2 doesn’t mean I am a fanboy for WOW. GW1 had a similar system as well. Fighting Named Mobs each had a chance to drop a unique skin.

(edited by Drunken Mad King.8193)

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

nope its not worth it, because every dungeon will get nerfed to the ground until all the crykids can finish dungeons by going afk.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Josh.8154

Josh.8154

Why not play and find out? Honestly, this kind of thread is just baiting the people who love to whine about how much the game sucks.

Honestly, I enjoy it. Been playing since launch and haven’t gotten bored yet. But that may just be me.

I am another that has been playing since launch and have completed the storyline on 3 80s as well. In my mind it is worth the FREE Alpha Siege Golem even if the Pact weapons are only rares. Ya do not have to get the pact weapons if have better. WvW is the never ending endgame that most find themselves doing a lot when fully geared after running dungeons for tokens, farming Karma for the Temple Karma Vendors, or gold farming to straight out buy the gear off the market if not crafters. I have yet to become bored in the game. Might be the guild am in in as well.

Home Server: Kaineng, Guild: Domicile Officer
Yarlash, lvl 80 Human Thief
Guild Website: www.domicile.guildlaunch.com

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

nope its not worth it, because every dungeon will get nerfed to the ground until all the crykids can finish dungeons by going afk.

This. Being casual is one thing, being ultranoob is another.