Is Raid reset day final or subject to change?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Q:

Legit question. Would it be possible if the reset was on thursday or friday? Those who work during weekdays would be glad not to have to spend the night after a day of work to do some content that demands a lot more effort/concentration from them, and by wednesday people have already PUGed all raids.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s been requested several times. Gaile has commented that they aren’t planning any changes. So it’s very unlikely at this point.

Valento.9852

It’s been requested several times. Gaile has commented that they aren’t planning any changes. So it’s very unlikely at this point.

Well, that’s a shame. Hope they reconsider it.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

It will be nice if there is a petition to sign, because, I do my daily, and things at reset time, so with raids, I do the same. Monday after work in Australia. it will be so much better if it is on Friday or Saturday. Monday is the start of the busy week, sometimes it can be quite hectic. and very inconvenient. It is a game right, suppose to be entertaining :o

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Final? Definitely not, since they actually changed WvW reset time like 3 years after not changing it.

Highly unlikely? Pretty much. Besides, a lot of groups probably have set their own schedule based on the raid reset, changing it at this time is just asking for trouble IMO.

Anyway, IIRC one of the raid devopers said that they have their reason for choosing Monday. I’m not sure, but I think it’s because on weekdays it’s the time where most players can login consecutively? So if a group starts on monday and only kill a boss, most of the players in that group can continue with the next bosses for the rest of weekdays. So basically they’re trying to avoid interrupting a group’s raid progress in the middle of the week.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

“Others play when I don’t, please change reset”

If there aren’t any pugs later in the week, you may want to consider joining a guild that raids

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

If there aren’t any pugs later in the week, you may want to consider joining a guild that raids

when guilds mostly run earlier in the week, with static groups? myself included most weeks. Simply telling people to join a guild does not help those with busy work-lives. Raids should not exclude someone simply because they have a demanding job. Content should be discriminatory on skill, not on life situation.

I always find arguments for keeping the current date either: hilariously flawed ( anet used data from before raids were even live to decide when people like raiding.. they have directly admitted on this forum).

OR

Highly to the tune of " I’m ok thank you jack" – the move wouldn’t affect them in the slightest, but like it harder for others to participate – possible due to ego (the belief raids should be for a tiny group of players only).

OR

asking for it to be moved, because raiding during the week sucks lemons for various reasons. and weekend raiding also sucks lemons due to quantity and quality of pugs migrating south for winter.

It would be interesting to see the results of a poll regarding raid reset time. With login screen announcement for it.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

I’m also a proponent of a closer to weekend reset day (like Friday).

But I realize this would probably never happen.

Chris McSwag.4683

when guilds mostly run earlier in the week, with static groups? myself included most weeks. Simply telling people to join a guild does not help those with busy work-lives.

A lot of guilds clear the raids multiple times a week. Either to help those not present earlier in the week, or simply for the enjoyment it brings. I work full time myself, and so does a lot of people I play with both in the guild and outside of it. Regardless of how you put reset, there will be people getting the less of it because their life situation is different.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Artemis Thuras.8795

when guilds mostly run earlier in the week, with static groups? myself included most weeks. Simply telling people to join a guild does not help those with busy work-lives.

A lot of guilds clear the raids multiple times a week. Either to help those not present earlier in the week, or simply for the enjoyment it brings. I work full time myself, and so does a lot of people I play with both in the guild and outside of it. Regardless of how you put reset, there will be people getting the less of it because their life situation is different.

Sure, some people rerun. How long is that going to be sustained as people get bored with raids, start wanting to do LS/new fotm, or just want to get the next shiny?

Doesn’t change the fact people find it increasingly difficult to raid closer/during weekends, or that raiding during the week is actually a lot harder for many inherently.

your argument is hinged on guilds actually running later in the week and taking players they don’t know. This goes hand in hand with 10 vs 5 arguement ( and also loot lockout times, but that has its own issues to weigh up).

Finding 9 other players who: 1) want to raid 2) are good enough to raid 3) want to raid later in the week OR are willing to rerun for no extra loot 5) are online consistently ( rerunners are never consistent, so you need to find much more than 9 players).

The odds are stacked against you if you can’t or won’t raid early in the week.

Ultimately I can only see one of two three outcomes for raids in the current status quo:

1)There are so many wings people simply HAVE to raid at weekends to fit them all in.

2) raids end up abandoned by all but a tiny tribe culture group, and anet ends up shifting dev resources elsewhere like they did with dungeons years ago.

3) both of the above.

Chris McSwag.4683

“your argument is hinged on guilds actually running later in the week and taking players they don’t know.”

No. I said join a guild, meaning that you will be someone they know. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of guilds that raid on different levels and frequencies and with 5 guild slots you should be able to find at least one.
Do remember raids were not balanced around pugging to begin with, and hopefully won’t be either.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Artemis Thuras.8795

“your argument is hinged on guilds actually running later in the week and taking players they don’t know.”

No. I said join a guild, meaning that you will be someone they know. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of guilds that raid on different levels and frequencies and with 5 guild slots you should be able to find at least one.
Do remember raids were not balanced around pugging to begin with, and hopefully won’t be either.

So a guild knows you before you join?
Meaning you’d have to have raided, or done some other content with them first? Or know them outside of gw2.. In which case they wouldn’t be having to find a group to run with in the first place..

yeah.. your statement is self-contradicting,

Chris McSwag.4683

sigh, do I really need to explain this?
Joining a guild makes you a guild member. Guild members typically help eachother, and do stuff with a bunch of members of the guild rather than a select few who never speak to anyone else. While it takes time to get to know people, I doubt that had any real relevance in this case. Clear enough?

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

sigh, do I really need to explain this?
Joining a guild makes you a guild member. Guild members typically help eachother, and do stuff with a bunch of members of the guild rather than a select few who never speak to anyone else. While it takes time to get to know people, I doubt that had any real relevance in this case. Clear enough?

So you have to be a guild member before you join?
Meaning you’d have to have raided, or done some other content with them first? Or know them outside of gw2.. In which case they wouldn’t be having to find a group to run with in the first place..

yeah.. your statement is self-contradicting,

Chris McSwag.4683

I really don’t know what’s so hard to understand, but here we go.

*Finding people to raid with is easier in a guild that raids than with pugs, especially if you are inexperienced.
*few guilds, especially if we talk about those that do training runs, have static groups that never let anyone else in.
*how you join a raidguild varies a lot on the guild. Some are open for all, some have requirements and trials on different levels.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Artemis Thuras.8795

So either join an LFG rosta ( no entry req’s at all)
or
be in a guild already.
Again for a group that may or may not run when is convenient.

So the options are:
extended LFG,
Already be integrated into a guild..

Yeah keep arguing my point for me. thanks

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

I really don’t know what’s so hard to understand, but here we go.

*Finding people to raid with is easier in a guild that raids than with pugs, especially if you are inexperienced.
*few guilds, especially if we talk about those that do training runs, have static groups that never let anyone else in.
*how you join a raidguild varies a lot on the guild. Some are open for all, some have requirements and trials on different levels.

*So you have to be an inexperienced pug that raids with a guild to join a guild?
*So you have to be in a static group that never lets anyone in to join their guild?!
*So you must have requirements and trials on different levels to join those guilds???

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

Yeah, let’s change the entire game just because of one person’s schedule.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

I have no idea what people are arguing here — both sides seem confused in their arguments.

The idea to a Friday reset time is that more people are able to raid on the weekend, because of jobs and such. This allows pug groups to fill better on the weekend.

The change would be for pug groups — guild groups already organize on whatever day they want.

I don’t think anet is likely to change the day. Their logic was that a Monday reset is where players can experience the most consecutive raiding days.

I’m not sure this logic is completely sound, because the reset has always been Monday. That influences when pugs and guilds schedule their raids in the first place. So the cause and effect may be backwards.

Just my two cents.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What they really wanted to do was avoid too many resets overlapping so that guilds that play multiple parts of the game could, for instance, WvW raid on the weekend with the Friday reset and then PvE raid come Monday. For people like me that’s been great, and I wouldn’t want it to change.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Valento.9852

Final? Definitely not, since they actually changed WvW reset time like 3 years after not changing it.

Highly unlikely? Pretty much. Besides, a lot of groups probably have set their own schedule based on the raid reset, changing it at this time is just asking for trouble IMO.

Anyway, IIRC one of the raid devopers said that they have their reason for choosing Monday. I’m not sure, but I think it’s because on weekdays it’s the time where most players can login consecutively? So if a group starts on monday and only kill a boss, most of the players in that group can continue with the next bosses for the rest of weekdays. So basically they’re trying to avoid interrupting a group’s raid progress in the middle of the week.

Hmm how does changing the time mean “asking for trouble”? Do they base decisions on raw statistics without considering outside elements? That seems like a blind decision.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer