Is Sorrow's Embrace Supposed to be This Hard?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: MirageFire.9265

MirageFire.9265

Here I thought Orr was tough, running Path 1 of SE and we couldn’t even get past the first Boss of the group of Silver Elites that never stop spawning when you fight the first boss. Path 2 is hard when you get to final and my party cant even get him down to 90% before wiping. I’m scared to even want to do path 3. Is Sorrow’s Embrace meant as a DPS check dungeon or something?

Posted by: Tulinor.6745

Tulinor.6745

Path 3 is the easy one. 25 min or so if you know what you are doing. Most people that run it do so you will learn it fast.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Path 3 is easy, 2 is long and boring though the last boss is atleast somewhat interesting.
1 has gone through a series of changes that have essentially made it pointless to even try to do it without a specific group/setup.

just do Path 3 for the time being.

Posted by: MirageFire.9265

MirageFire.9265

So what if I completed Path 3 and need Path 1 and 2 for the achievement? Also are these paths supposed to be intentionally hard or are they bugged?

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

essentially path 1 had a mechanic that spawns wave after wave of mobs, this was avoided by many players by simply keeping 1 enemy in the wave alive, have someone kite it around near the waypoint area out of harms way, this prevented other waves from spawning, this was considered an exploit and has since been fixed.

however the original problem was not fixed, the waves of mobs are insanely tough to kill and now you have no way of preventing the next wave from spawning making this route absurdly difficult, more so than it should be because of a silly mechanic and the oversight of actually fixing the problem in the first place by making the enemies weaker in the very least, bringing their massive HP pool down.

Path 2 afaik hasnt been touched, it’s not particulary difficult but it does take a fair bit of time to complete.

just avoid Path 1 until the devs change something hopefully for the better, do 2 if you need the achievement but if your after the Tokens just farm path 3.

Posted by: Icecreaman.5072

Icecreaman.5072

Path 1 is the shortest and quickest out of the three. With a solid group the first part can be completed without much trouble. I don’t think I’d like to see it made any easier. It’s already one of the shortest dungeon paths in the game.

I would like to see the waves stop spawning after you reach the second boss though. Running past him and fighing him on the far side of his platform to avoid endless mobs seems a little dumb.

Posted by: Cinaed.2649

Cinaed.2649

it can’t possibly be intended to be like that. it’s harder than other dungeons just because of this!

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

essentially path 1 had a mechanic that spawns wave after wave of mobs, this was avoided by many players by simply keeping 1 enemy in the wave alive, have someone kite it around near the waypoint area out of harms way, this prevented other waves from spawning, this was considered an exploit and has since been fixed.

however the original problem was not fixed, the waves of mobs are insanely tough to kill and now you have no way of preventing the next wave from spawning making this route absurdly difficult, more so than it should be because of a silly mechanic and the oversight of actually fixing the problem in the first place by making the enemies weaker in the very least, bringing their massive HP pool down.

Path 2 afaik hasnt been touched, it’s not particulary difficult but it does take a fair bit of time to complete.

just avoid Path 1 until the devs change something hopefully for the better, do 2 if you need the achievement but if your after the Tokens just farm path 3.

They changed the path 2 boss. And then a red post confirmed it bugged. Apparently the golem that shoots lightning is now shooting them far more often than it should, making the final fight about 1000x harder than it used to be.