Is dungeon experience being nerfed too?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

All that was mentioned is that dungeon “liquid rewards” are being nerfed heavily. Does that include experience gain? I’m wondering if this is also a move to stretch out central Tyria masteries…

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

“Liquid” means the ability to be traded or exchanged. You can’t sell experience, so I imagine no, experience will not be nerfed.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I thought the same Tulki, for unlocking Old Tyria masteries, a dungeon tour or even a single dungeon is truly helpful.

And like you I hope they do not reduce the amount of experience you get from dungeons. This at least would give them “something” that is interesting in terms for rewards. At least until you have unlocked all your masteries.

Anet however might decide this make unlocking Old Tyria masteries “too easy” or more precicely “too fast”. And since a lot of the mastery system is designed to gate content, thus extending the time people invest if they want to get somewhere and keeping them playing longer than the actual content would warrant, I am afraid they might just do that.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

“Liquid” means the ability to be traded or exchanged. You can’t sell experience, so I imagine no, experience will not be nerfed.

No liquid is gold, silver and copper directly. It doesn’t mean stuff that can be traded or exchanged.

The difference is huge for a mmo, because they don’t affect the game the same way.

Liquid (gold), increase the inflation of the game by pouring more liquidity in the game and dropping the value of that liquidity.

Stuff that can be exchanged, traded (loots) doesn’t increase inflation (at least not directly). They don’t create new liquidity (gold) they can only be used directly or traded for gold that already exist in the economy. With the TP system, giving loot is actually a gold sink because what will be traded on the TP will destroy 15% of it’s value in gold, decreasing the overall amount of liquidity in the economy and pushing the value of the gold up.

Loots reward give value to gold, while gold reward decrease the value of gold. You need to control the amount of gold you give to your player, but you can be a lot more free with the amount of loot reward you give to your player. That’s why Silverwaste have a lot less impact on the economy than dungeon, even if both a super effective way to gain money in the game.

To anwer OP question. Liquidity equal gold reward so the only thing they gonna nerf will be the gold and silver you receive. That mean that loots, xp and token won’t be affected.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

No liquid is gold, silver and copper directly. It doesn’t mean stuff that can be traded or exchanged.

Gold is able to be traded or exchanged.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yes and? That fact doesn’t change that loots isn’t liquidity. You are still wrong when you say liquid mean that ability to trade or exchange.

I can trade a Chicken just like I can trade a 10$ bill. But the chicken isn’t liquidity, only the 10$ bill is.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Well if they’re totally killing it even as an avenue for characters to level then that really sucks. Fractals are hard-gated behind agony and nobody’s gonna take a sub-80 into a raid so that leaves… no instanced content for new players whatsoever? That seems incredibly wrong.

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Yes and? That fact doesn’t change that loots isn’t liquidity. You are still wrong when you say liquid mean that ability to trade or exchange.

I can trade a Chicken just like I can trade a 10$ bill. But the chicken isn’t liquidity, only the 10$ bill is.

The chicken is liquid.