Is everybody in the raids so toxic?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

After being trying to do the first boss for one hour or so, i’ve met the first toxic player. The problem you have to use teamspeak and you have to listen it.

I run heal druid, and i clarify that at the beginning but then he complain about i heal too much.
Then i have too much toughness.
Then complained about an engie.
Then about the people getting killed or teleported when it was in the green circles…
Then he was raging like a monkey when we got wiped out and he said and i quote I’ve done this thousands of times
Then i left, i couldn’t stand it anymore.

Is there many people like these? I don’t run dungeons or fractals for the same reason, i don’t play to have to listen this kind of insulting and toxic players..

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

“After being trying to do the first boss for one hour or so, i’ve met the first toxic player. "

There’s your answer. I’ve done dungeons for years now, some fractals, and now raids and I’ve met maybe a handful of people like this. Fact is, if you’re turned off from the content because one type of person might exist in there, then you probably shouldn’t be playing a multiplayer game in the first place. Toxicity exists in every community.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Lmao just avoid it then ,
You really want legendary armor that bad??? No, then don’t do it nothing else is worth it :P ,its a waste of time.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

To be fair if you are healing and have no intention of tanking you should NOT have a lot of toughness. You’l grab aggro from the tank. Doesn’t excuse the guy from being a jerk of course.

anduriell.6280

To be fair if you are healing and have no intention of tanking you should NOT have a lot of toughness. You’l grab aggro from the tank. Doesn’t excuse the guy from being a jerk of course.

Actually i wasn’t that tanky and not that healing just good enough to keep everyone in the confi zone (when i was able to because running to the greens and healing everyone is not that easy) , being in medium armor it is impossible to tank. My toughness was 1.8K. He just complained, i think he wanted it to be the tank but with revenant running zerker.

One thing though. Do not use Wilderness Survival trait line The bark skin will make yo a magnet for the boss and actually mostly from any trash mob in PvE, independently from your actual toughness.

You really want legendary armor that bad??? No, then don’t do it nothing else is worth it :P ,its a waste of time.

actually i like the raids, they are extremely difficult with is a nice change for me. But maybe you are right and i’ll have to do the same as i did with the fractals and dungeons.

Those i tried hard but the community were so toxic i had to stop playing gw2 for months.

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Teamspeak has an individual mute function. Use it .

And any person that thinks grousing at their healer is a good call pretty much deserves a lesson in “the selective nature of triage.”

Heal-bot Lesson for Jerks 1: Yes. I. Let. Him. Die. And. I. Will. Again. If. He. Doesn’t. SHUT. UP.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: CIndeR.3479

CIndeR.3479

Anduriell, unfortunately yes. I don’t do dungeons, and now raids for this very same reason (Fractals are still fairly sacred at least). Lot of elitist jerks in there. Unless you desperate need the gear you get from raiding, I’d just avoid it. It’s a very caustic atmosphere unless you are doing it with guildies as friends or something.

You can tell just by reading some of the comments you got here, these are the kinds of players you will meet. It’s how they like to play and there’s no changing it, so best to just avoid raiding entirely.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

My toughness was 1.8K.

Your toughness is vastly higher than needed.
use less clerics gear. More zealots or Magi. (Also mix in some zerk, full zerk still has enough heals for gorseval FYI)

And rev can aggro control with just cavaliers rings and facet of chaos.
VG I found works better with chrono tanking which has even less armor so you need to keep the Druid as low as possible.
Rev tank works out nicely on gorse as it lets the chrono focus fully on maxing out group dps though.

Raids are also making people wake up and realise they have to l2p, especially at actual dps under moderate pressure. People get stressed. Sounds like you did too.

You were genuinely hindering the group due to the mechanics of the raid however.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Nike.2631

Alright, who opened ‘Exhibit A’s cage?

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Actually i wasn’t that tanky and not that healing just good enough to keep everyone in the confi zone (when i was able to because running to the greens and healing everyone is not that easy) , being in medium armor it is impossible to tank. My toughness was 1.8K. He just complained, i think he wanted it to be the tank but with revenant running zerker.

One thing though. Do not use Wilderness Survival trait line The bark skin will make yo a magnet for the boss and actually mostly from any trash mob in PvE, independently from your actual toughness.

actually i like the raids, they are extremely difficult with is a nice change for me. But maybe you are right and i’ll have to do the same as i did with the fractals and dungeons.

Those i tried hard but the community were so toxic i had to stop playing gw2 for months.

Medium armor builds are fully capable of tanking. It’s based entirely on toughness and mitigation.

1800 toughness is high (very high) you might easily have forced the tank to run PTV trinkets which lowers DPS.

On split you stay at your post you don’t run around healing everyone. If you cross into another circle your debuf will hit you with damage.

Why in the name of Rytlock were you using barkskin?

The person may have been a major jerk but that’s not everyone who raids which is your topic. You’ve met an angry player, I suggest learning the encounters with people you like, guildies perhaps.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I’m not sure if that’s Toxic, or just Frustrated.

You know, it’s topics like this that make me realize People Skills are a woefully under-appreciated skillset in MMOs, but it’s arguably one of the more important determining factors of your success. I don’t claim to be an expert, but I have picked up on some things over the years in other games that seem to help dealing with poor attitudes like this.

• Don’t try to win the argument, try to solve the problem.
    It’s real easy to take an abrasive comment personally, but your teammate took the time to speak because they really did feel something was worth mentioning. Don’t let the fact they have no tact and the social grace of a basement dweller get between you and a possible improvement. Consider what might motivate people to say things, but for the sake of your sanity, only just consider.
    (EX; On it’s face that ‘too much healing’ comment is totally absurd, but in all likelihood he was probably wanting to explore the possibility of greater DPS utility from you, which isn’t an unreasonable request.)
  • Do have a clear plan on how you can alter your build to suit the needs of your group, and communicate what you’re doing.
    Don’t ask permission as in most groups the position of ‘leader’ is ephemeral and you’ll be left with awkward pseudo-silence, but do give others a heads-up in case they have to make their own adjustments. In the very least that sort of talking is a papertrail of your effort, proof of your fight knowledge, and sometimes people feel less like they’re hitting a wall if they see adaptation within the group. Basically, head off obnoxious advice-guy at the pass by being proactive and vocal about your effort.
    (EX: “The red circles are giving me a hard time, in this next fight I’m going to switch one of my group-DPS utilities for an AOE knockback one and see how it goes”.)
  • Set a Time or Attempt limit once you’ve recognized you’re hitting a wall and you’ve done everything you can think of to get around it.
    This is a hard call to make, as nobody wants to be a killjoy or cause their teammates to lose motivation. But sometimes it’s just not working out, and in all honesty everybody probably knows it. A Clear End-Point can catalyze people to either voice their frustrations before they’ve reached a boiling point or swallow them for good – and sometimes it pushes people to make key communications and improvements. Don’t be judgmental and don’t invent excuses, just let people know how many more times you’d like to try.
    (EX: “Hey guys, I think I have about 3 more tries in me.”)

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

After being trying to do the first boss for one hour or so, i’ve met the first toxic player. The problem you have to use teamspeak and you have to listen it.

I run heal druid, and i clarify that at the beginning but then he complain about i heal too much.
Then about the people getting killed or teleported when it was in the green circles…
Then he was raging like a monkey when we got wiped out and he said and i quote I’ve done this thousands of times

Is there many people like these? I don’t run dungeons or fractals for the same reason, i don’t play to have to listen this kind of insulting and toxic players..

You did the most unpardonable offending here, Anduriell. You played a character that was suitable for the role, but not optimal. And as every raider and elitist(not necessarily any of the people commenting about this right now) knows that if it is not the absolute best, it is garbage and useless and the raid failing is entirely your fault while all others took their build from battlegeek or some other, approved place. And so they can rest easily despite falling left and right, facetanking or for whatever stupid reason they chipped in for your raid to fail.^^

anduriell.6280

You did the most unpardonable offending here, Anduriell. You played a character that was suitable for the role, but not optimal. And as every raider and elitist(not necessarily any of the people commenting about this right now) knows that if it is not the absolute best, it is garbage and useless and the raid failing is entirely your fault while all others took their build from battlegeek or some other, approved place. And so they can rest easily despite falling left and right, facetanking or for whatever stupid reason they chipped in for your raid to fail.^^

Yeah.. i guess i should get my build the DNT quality certification and Metabattle seal of approval before posting this things here…
You know so i could say it wasn’t my fault my build is certificated and approved.

I TOLD YOU SO

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

People who insist on playing a specific build are toxic, not the players who try to reach success.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I really don’t want to sound like one of those “Toxic elitists” but if you have no intention of building your character optimally for raids, then you have no place in raids. Simple as that.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Aidenwolf.5964

Yeah.. i guess i should get my build the DNT quality certification and Metabattle seal of approval before posting this things here…
You know so i could say it wasn’t my fault my build is certificated and approved.

You ran barkskin in a raid why exactly? You’re mocking builds that are made for raiding now though which seems strange to me.

Your post asks about toxic players but you’re talking like you meant why can’t I run soldier’s as a healer and why are you all yelling at me?

Raids are absolutely meant to be run in optimal gear, with the best builds, and by a good (at least) team composition. I did ask above why you had barkskin on your Druid in a raid I think you might want to ask around for a good build, or use one of the sites you just mocked since other players have been kind enough to do the work for you.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I really don’t want to sound like one of those “Toxic elitists” but if you have no intention of building your character optimally for raids, then you have no place in raids. Simple as that.

I hate raids. Part of the reason I hate them is because what JashuaRAWR said is completely true.

I’m sure you’re a good player, maybe even an impressive one. But right now you’re like a member of the track team that’s suddenly taken a spot in the weight lifting team. You’re not right for it, and you’re going to drag everyone else down.

That’s not to say that the person wasn’t rude, I’m sure they were. But it seems they were also right.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

And this is why raids don’t need to be a thing in this game.

Aidenwolf.5964

I hate raids. Part of the reason I hate them is because what JashuaRAWR said is completely true.

I’m sure you’re a good player, maybe even an impressive one. But right now you’re like a member of the track team that’s suddenly taken a spot in the weight lifting team. You’re not right for it, and you’re going to drag everyone else down.

That’s not to say that the person wasn’t rude, I’m sure they were. But it seems they were also right.

Apart from the “I hate raids” I agree with every word of this. Raiding isn’t for everyone.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

We run guild groups, certainly not a toxic environment and definitely a lot of fun. Everyone in TS and have been playing together for years now.

Join a fun, non-elitist focused guild and enjoy the game! With even just a bit of Patience and communication, you’ll be downing the bosses soon enough. I couldn’t imagine playing with people who do gear checks and rage quit after the first wipe. That’s not my idea of fun.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I had a really nice pug group doing Gorseval tonight, everyone was super friendly and willing to make switches. We even had a few stupid deaths like someone not paying attention when getting on the platform and everyone just cheerfully killed themselves without a word of complaint.

I tend just to Raid with friends/guild but I was pleasantly surprised by the group (didn’t kill the boss but got him down to <25% pretty regularly).

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

LOLOLOL “I’ve done this a thousand times.” That was a good read, thanks for the laughs.

You can look at this from multiple perspectives like the posts above, but in the end, it’s not gonna be worth kitten. You’re probably never going to see the kitten again. Move on like life. You’ll find some very understanding, willing, and overall kind people and you’ll find cesspools of scumbags.

#blessed #lifeisbeautiful #Idontevenplaythisgameanymore #EuckFlitists

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

There are multiple sides to every story.
All we know you cloud’ve been absolutely useless and dragging the whole group down and then you got upset when you got told off and came on the forums to cry.

Just because you made the post, doesn’t mean you were in the right.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The word elitist much, like the word toxic seems to have lost all meaning.

It’s actually quite ironic that the ones that uses these terms though are often the root of the issue and are quick to label others, but not willing to learn, adapt, or question their own mistakes and assume that they are golden and that they can be doing no wrong.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Saying that medium armor isnt meant for tanking and having 1800 toughness as the healer+barksin in VG just indicates that OP wasnt prepared for raids. People in pugs expects individuals to be up to par since time is a currency. But learn from it, adjust, dont judge the community basd on some bad apples.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just run a counter build to this kind of behaviour.

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/48907-superior-rune-of-antitoxin

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Teamspeak has an individual mute function. Use it .

And any person that thinks grousing at their healer is a good call pretty much deserves a lesson in “the selective nature of triage.”

Heal-bot Lesson for Jerks 1: Yes. I. Let. Him. Die. And. I. Will. Again. If. He. Doesn’t. SHUT. UP.

Yup, this was Priest 101 in WoW when I first started playing a healer right after Burning Crusade launched and I got tired of playing a hunter all through Vanilla.

It worked really well.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Nike.2631

Yup, this was Priest 101 in WoW when I first started playing a healer right after Burning Crusade launched and I got tired of playing a hunter all through Vanilla.

It worked really well.

Honestly in 6+ years of raiding across 4 games I’ve only had to do it maybe 5 times. Of those maybe two were so dumb I had to tell them directly they could either shut up and get heals or keep talking if they wanted suck more floor. Turns out hyperactive would-be achievers A ) don’t like to watch the raid succeed without them from face down on the floor and & B ) are vastly easier to replace than a raid-ready healer.

People wanted raids? They get the role power-politics that go with them.

(…and NOBODY gives a tank unwarranted grief. The personality type that likes tanking is even rarer than healers. My rule of thumb is 7:3:1 for DPS:heals:tank gameplay preference)

But, if you are gonna quit out of a group, withdraw gracefully. When the post run chit-chat happens its always better to be the one they want next time when they know it’s a choice of you or the other guy.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

To answer you question, I’m not toxic:D and I raid:D so no not everyone who raids and fotms are jerks. Toxic also depends on the person on the receiving end though, some people cannot take as much criticism as others, and some might take any form of Criticism be it good or bad as bad. So yeah it actually depends on both sides^^

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

(…and NOBODY gives a tank unwarranted grief. The personality type that likes tanking is even rarer than healers. My rule of thumb is 7:3:1 for DPS:heals:tank gameplay preference)

Someone should send the memo to some raid groups, then… because I don’t think they got it.
But then again, if you don’t like doing what you’re doing and you do it only because you’re afraid of being replaced even more readily than usual, I suppose you’re… very easy to replace.
Aye, ok, it doesn’t work very well.

P.S. How the kitten do you get to 1k8 toughness while being a “healer”?

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

P.S. How the kitten do you get to 1k8 toughness while being a “healer”?

“Bruh, do you even tank?”

Seriously though, part of the problem is that even in the healing role you are still responsible for your portion of contributing to DPS. So with that high of toughness you’re stealing from other stats that help contribute to damage.The other part of the problem is that now the team’s tank has to surpass that 1.8k toughness to fulfil the role. So, now there’s two players on the team that nerfed themselves.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Actually i wasn’t that tanky and not that healing just good enough to keep everyone in the confi zone (when i was able to because running to the greens and healing everyone is not that easy) , being in medium armor it is impossible to tank. My toughness was 1.8K.

WOW that’s a lot of toughness. Our tanks have between 1400 and 1600 toughness. And 1600 toughness we need to swap thing up to reach that. How being a medium armor make it impossible to tank?? Necro and Mesmer thank like crazy are they are Light Armor. One of the most popular tank for Gorseval is Engineer a medium.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

The real problem with the player base in this game, is that they’re not used to wiping on content for hours or having to work at difficult content. For the most part this game is easy, everything is just about handed to us on a nice gold diamond encrusted platter.

The minute people have to adjust/adapt/kick up their gameplay to clear content, the salt farm ensues. Some people get it, some people don’t.

The ones that don’t are the ones who come to the forums and complain that their being “excluded” because they can’t clear the content.

Translated: I dont want to adapt or get better, so please nerf this content.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Anyone who owns HoT can PuG. If you want to control the friendliness of players in your raid groups, just remember that raids started with a CDI wherein they were called Guild Raids.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

WOW that’s a lot of toughness. Our tanks have between 1400 and 1600 toughness.

The tank in my group runs 1134 toughness and it works out just fine. The only reason we even do that is because one of our condition engineers doesn’t have full viper/sinister and is still using some rabid gear. As the Druid of my group, I am running 1000 toughness and about 1000 healing power, and that’s enough to compensate for the errors other members of the group make.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

To answer the question: probably not everybody.

You said yourself it was 1 person. That leaves 9 others, you included, who were just fine. Maybe you should have gotten rid of him earlier isntead of taking the abuse.

The real problem with the player base in this game, is that they’re not used to wiping on content for hours or having to work at difficult content. For the most part this game is easy, everything is just about handed to us on a nice gold diamond encrusted platter.

This is unfortunately very true.

On topic, and not wanting to nitpick, but 1,800 toughness is a lot. You should be running base toughness as much as possible. The problem is simple, the agro mechanic of the first boss is based straight on highest toughness. If you run 1,800 toughness, your tank needs to run 2,000. You both do less damage than you could.

As mentioned, usually tanks run 1,400-1,600 toughness (often full zerker with some knights trinkets to get the toughness needed). You are well advised to be below that value with about 200-300 toughness.

It also amazes me how all the praise for arenanet finally letting us “play the way we want” has disapeared. I remember page long posts of people here laughing at zerkers being required and praising the implementation of tanking thinking they could finally run their Soldier, Knights, Clerics or whatever gear in content.

Where are we now?

- unless you are tanking, you better have full damage gear of appropriate type (yes, zerkers won’t do any more. better have that condi gear ready too if your class demands it)
- the selection process has become even steeper
- the cutthroat attittude has become worse due to harder content

Now some players, myself included had warned about this happening. We got blamed that all we wanted was to stick to our “zerker meta” (which in hindsight was never as enforcing as the current situation is).

So here is my recommendation once again:

- play with friends and guildies (this is a big one)
- try to be informed and properly geared (not talking full ascended. but exotic armor and ascended trinkets is a good start. ascended weapons help too)
- have the appropriate buff food, and don’t be cheap. having second grade food is okay for tries, but make sure you bring the grade 1 stuff for serious tries
- don’t take abuse. leave if things turn sour
- do plan to invest 1-2 hours. nothing is more frustrating than having people leave after 2 failed attempts

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think people are over sensitive. Most of the time people just want smooth runs.

But one thing about elitist is if you are so elite, please be elite enough to find other elite players to play with regularly instead of bothering other more casual players.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

To answer the question: probably not everybody.

You said yourself it was 1 person. That leaves 9 others, you included, who were just fine. Maybe you should have gotten rid of him earlier isntead of taking the abuse.

This is unfortunately very true.

On topic, and not wanting to nitpick, but 1,800 toughness is a lot. You should be running base toughness as much as possible. The problem is simple, the agro mechanic of the first boss is based straight on highest toughness. If you run 1,800 toughness, your tank needs to run 2,000. You both do less damage than you could.

As mentioned, usually tanks run 1,400-1,600 toughness (often full zerker with some knights trinkets to get the toughness needed). You are well advised to be below that value with about 200-300 toughness.

It also amazes me how all the praise for arenanet finally letting us “play the way we want” has disapeared. I remember page long posts of people here laughing at zerkers being required and praising the implementation of tanking thinking they could finally run their Soldier, Knights, Clerics or whatever gear in content.

Where are we now?

- unless you are tanking, you better have full damage gear of appropriate type (yes, zerkers won’t do any more. better have that condi gear ready too if your class demands it)
- the selection process has become even steeper
- the cutthroat attittude has become worse due to harder content

Now some players, myself included had warned about this happening. We got blamed that all we wanted was to stick to our “zerker meta” (which in hindsight was never as enforcing as the current situation is).

So here is my recommendation once again:

- play with friends and guildies (this is a big one)
- try to be informed and properly geared (not talking full ascended. but exotic armor and ascended trinkets is a good start. ascended weapons help too)
- have the appropriate buff food, and don’t be cheap. having second grade food is okay for tries, but make sure you bring the grade 1 stuff for serious tries
- don’t take abuse. leave if things turn sour
- do plan to invest 1-2 hours. nothing is more frustrating than having people leave after 2 failed attempts

This is 100% true. I ran knight’s necro before HoT and pugged my way to the dungeon master achievement (didn’t buy any arah paths either) and personal reward level 50 in fractals. And it wasn’t hard to stay in groups or get the content done. I rarely used other characters. I literally just played what I wanted to play.

Now I am lucky because my chosen thing is a valid tank for raids but generally my group prefers to have a chronotank. I’m also lucky that I enjoy the condi warrior so I can play that instead. But I’m just super lucky that the stuff I enjoy is effective. Most stuff sucks, especially the popular “muh a few soldier’s pieces mixed in my zerker” is now among the worst thing you can do.

Zerker was meta because it was the fastest, most efficient way to run content for rewards. It wasn’t like people actually forced other people to do it. I never had people asking me to ping gear or telling me that I didn’t do enough damage. The only thing I couldn’t do was join a “meta builds only” group as my necro since necro wasn’t meta.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

I think people are over sensitive. Most of the time people just want smooth runs.

But one thing about elitist is if you are so elite, please be elite enough to find other elite players to play with regularly instead of bothering other more casual players.

Isn’t it like the casual players usually want to find the elite players? Elite players will always want to find elite players unless they are feeling particularly helpful lol. Than again ‘elite’ players will always be everyone better than me, and ‘casual’ players will be everyone worse than me.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Imagine how raids would look like in a perfect world:
-Every single player has mastered his class
-Plays multiple characters
-Is able to perform mechanics like gliding or dodging in his sleep
-Has multiple sets for each character
-Has gathered all of the information possible about raids before he attempts to do them
-Uses TS or any other software
-Is able to communicate
-Is ready to use the optimal gear for each boss and each party of players
-Is not stubbornly refusing to adjust
-Uses the best (and yes, most expensive) food
-Listens to advice
-Takes punctuality seriously
-Most of all cares more about succeeding and not dragging nine other players down than he cares about playing the way he wants.

Most of us should know how far away from reality that actually is.
A lot of the complaints seem to be aimed at those who point it out if someone (call people out in person without the use of the careful “Us, We, Everyone”) is missing any of those points.

Obviously, one can do that without the rage. Yet, some players seem to need the rage to start taking it seriously.
Reminds me of the dungeons LFG where you write down requirements in detail and still get people who don’t fullfill any of those and still don’t give a kitten . Those are also the ones who insult you, call you out on having no life, tell you they play for fun, etc. if you kick them.

The idea about the raid mindset and raids not being for everyone has been mentioned a couple of times already. And it really needs to be said, I think.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

No. Fifteen Characters.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes. Literally every single player ever in this game that does raids is exactly as toxic as the guy you encountered once.

Not more, nor less! Precisely as much!

/s

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

Someone got mad at you for joining a raid while having the wrong gear, screwing up aggro, and failing to dodge attacks so you came crying to the forums?

Maybe if you were properly prepared for the raid and didn’t expect to get carried you wouldn’t have this problem.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

So 1800 toughness is too much for druid? Because i geared my druid with clerics armor, rings and amulet and got 1800 toughness from that too. So i should equip magi armor instead?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

So 1800 toughness is too much for druid? Because i geared my druid with clerics armor, rings and amulet and got 1800 toughness from that too. So i should equip magi armor instead?

Keep the clerics gear for Goreseval (2nd boss), but yes, Vale Guardian you don’t want toughness unless you are the tank.

Some comps have the druid tank Gore while the rest of the group runs maximum damage.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Most tanks prefer to have like 1400-1600 so you’re forcing the tank to change their gear if you have full cleric’s.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

People have this obsession with overhealing and overstacking toughness. I don’t understand why. 6 clerics armor pieces and you heal the entire team back to full with a CA 4.
And well, even that could be considered overhealing..