Is fractals of the mist dead?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Recently (last couple weeks) I went to run fractals to get pristine relics to get rings for another character I frequently play. However I’m finding nobody joining LFGs for levels 10-21. The two times in the last two weeks I have managed to get 3 runs complete out of the 5 times i have gotten a full group. These 5 times it took insanely long to get the group, minimally 30 minutes. The rest of the time I couldn’t even get a full group by the end of my play session of 3 hours. And the 2 failed times the group didn’t refill in a timely matter and people left making it worse for those who were willing to stick it out. Until finally everyone gave up when too much time passed sitting idle waiting in a almost completed run.

I would have thought since you can get a pristine relic for every reward tier that there would be tons of people doing fractals at all sorts of levels including new people who have never done them before or are a lot slower at progressing or don’t want to go higher than 2 or 3 tiers. Doing a 10, 11, 21 to get 3 pristine relics doesn’t take very long and fits my play time perfectly. And so I have no need for higher levels personally. But it has me wondering on the state of fractals and if I am wasting my time on it now.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I do a Fractals run every weekend. It normally takes about 5 – 10 mins to fill a group, but once that happens, I have no problem completing the run. (Takes about 40 mins to 1 hour on average.)

However, you only get about a gold + incidental good loot for that time, so most players tend to just Champ farm/World Boss Train/speed clear dungeons for better rewards.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

There are people that still do FotM ofc, but a lot of people (myself included) don’t bother doing it anymore due to the lack of rewards. Probably faster gold/hour begging for gold in LA or something like that.

You should be sure to always do them before reset because unlike dungeons, you probably will only get a group together after reset once in a blue moon.

Peak times are usually around lunch time or slightly before/after for me (I am in the US but play on EU). Not sure how it differs with NA servers.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

The rewards are abysmal. I try to do it a couple of times a week. I would honestly do them everyday if it wasn’t for the rewards. Unless you get lucky and get a few exotics which you manage to salvage insignias from your losing alot of gold running fractals.

Its kind of sad tbh. I really like fractals.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Fractals are still a thing but higher levels are where the players and successful runs are at.

Lower levels – not so much. That’s a sad reality but it is what it is.
If players had more incentive to do FOTM runs through better rewards / unique rewards that actually worked ( NOT RNG) maybe we’d see more players doing lower tiers as well.

Right now people who still do fractals do higher levels where they have higher chances of better drops and ascended drops to make their play experience worthwhile.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Yes it’s kinda dead because of bad rewards and no guaranteed tonic/weapon skins for tokens.

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

There are two reasons why I avoid fractals even though I enjoy doing dungeons. 1. It’s way too long and have annoying puzzles. 2. I don’t like RNG for skins. If they would shorten fractal runs and give better loots and guaranteed tokens for skins, then I would do it.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

The real question is: Aren’t you excited for the second half of LS S2!?!???

Honestly, from my experience both dungeons and FotM have both been relatively dead for a while now. You can still get a party together, but there has definitely been a noticeable drop-off in the number of players doing them. Good luck.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

it sounds like youre trying for the wrong levels. 10, 11, and 21… try 9, 19, and 29 instead. people who join your group are most likely looking to raise their personal reward level, and every level you picked basically offers nothing to your potential player pool. for each of those levels you need maximal ar for the lowest level gain potential. (ie: people with 10 ar wont wanna do 10 or 11 cuz theyre prolly level 12-18. people with 25 ar wont wanna do 21 cuz theyre prolly level 22-28.)

my groups have always filled fast looking for 9, 19, and 29.

however, player quality is a real issue at low level fractals. dont be lookin to get carried, because you will run into trouble often.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Dont expect to be carried expect to have to carry the team at all time. This is what ive got to expect from pugging team and i actualy dont mind it. People in pug are less mindful of builds and composition then meta team as a general rule so this kind of flexibility suits me well.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Level 80 server populations will have been steadily dropping in this period without any LS updates. Wait until after the Halloween and LS releases and see if numbers have improved.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

10-21s are the worst levels to pug which is why the LFG for those levels are usually empty. At those levels, you tend to get people who don’t know the mechanics of the fractals or don’t have the AR so keep dying all the time. Pug groups in those levels end up taking forever to do them. Better to find a guild group to do those levels or just pug 40s and 50s as they tend to go a lot smoother.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Better to find a guild group to do those levels or just pug 40s and 50s as they tend to go a lot smoother.

dont pug 40s and 50s if you yourself dont know the fractals well =.=

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Honestly, every time I see a “Is x dead” thread, I can almost hear the veins pulsing in my temples.
Rghhh.
Other than this, don’t pug fractals.