Is pulling, an exploit?

Is pulling, an exploit?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lothial.7859

Lothial.7859

So joined a fractal group difficulty level 20. the guy said he wanted to run without exploits. Fine by me. I join up, and we go. We draw the dredge. Get to Rab, and the guy says focus the boss running in as he does, and is of course dead in 3 seconds. While we start to pull the adds out of the room.

So he shuts the group down apparently pulling the adds out of the room is an exploit. I didn’t think so, but I’m certainly no guru so what do you guys think? Is pulling an exploit?

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

No, that’s stupid.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

No, it is not an exploit. It is a natural use of monster behavior to try to split enemy groups into more manageable parts. This exact tactic is why certain skills, like Necrotic Grasp and Scorpion Wire, are valuable in PvE.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Autumn.5093

Autumn.5093

Absolutely not.

Nova Arterius, Nex Level [NeX] Guild Leader
Tarnished Coast

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

No its not, the guy sounds like a control freak if you ask me. Explain to me why the boss digs in and respawns at the start if he comes to the door and the regular mobs just run right through…

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Is pulling, an exploit?

Lothial.7859

Ya I kinda felt that way. We were all a bit dumb founded.

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

Pulling was a tactic that was a necessity in GW1 to make it through content. I have no doubt the devs intended for pulling to be used in GW2 as well.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Not only GW1, pretty much every MMO I’ve ever played.

That guy was dumb, you should link him to this thread.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

How anyone could thinking pulling is an exploit astounds me. Seems a pretty obvious mechanic.

I think that people are terrified of exploits at this point. I was running CM path 2 yesterday with some guildies and during Bridgette we were using line of sight to pull her out of retaliation. My guildmate was like, is this a mechanic or an exploit????

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

Is pulling, an exploit?

Lothial.7859

That would be a violation of the forum rules I believe. I guess the lesson should be if someone says no exploits before you join the group you get them to clarify what they consider to be an exploit, and what they consider good tactics.

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

Is pulling, an exploit?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Pulling mobs and separating them from their group is not an exploit. It has been done in every game, its just a way to control the battle with more ease. Before this, players used to pull Champion Rabsovich out of the room, but this was corrected and the Champion does not leave the room now. However pulling the rest of the dredge is an acceptable tactic.

Remember, always that you find an exploit or think that something might be an exploit, send a message to exploits@arena.net with as much evidence as possible so the team can provide an answer and fix the exploit.

Thanks for your understanding.