Is the LFG tool abuse being addressed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Anowyyn.2304

Anowyyn.2304

I’ve been reading about this issue for a while on Reddit mostly, with an occasional post here that ends up getting little attention. I just wanted to know if the Dev’s are aware of it and looking for a fix?

I’ve personally not been in dungeons or fractals in a long while (partly due to this issue to be honest), but I’ve been in plenty of squads, in particular Doric leather farming and SW RIBA maps where a group of people join and are really confused about what just happened. They were kicked from their instance because someone who joined their group from LFG merged it with an open squad, kicking them out of their dungeon/fractal instance and losing their progress. Some of these people have had the same person do this to them repeatedly in an evening when they try to reform as well.

Here are a few of the Reddit threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6tkjxu/a_player_was_joiningtrolling_fractal_groups_only/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6x213k/partybombing_people_that_join_parties_should_not/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6xsx6t/could_we_disable_squad_merge_to_prevent_blatant/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6xxc3m/major_concerns_regarding_party_management_and_lfg/

I’m not saying to fix it in any manner that these threads suggest. I’m just hoping this issue is getting some attention. There are many things that could help, it’s just sad some of the squads I’ve been in lately have seen this issue night after night. I feel really bad for the folks that are losing their instances.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

I am surprised they haven’t done anything about it yet. They could have at least turned off the party merging feature while this is happening.

Had this happen to a friend and I on the weekend. Someone went through the trouble to stalk our Aether Path LFG for about an hour to keep us from playing since we didn’t take him along. We were looking for level 80s and that was the only requirement we set. Was actually interesting to see that dedication.
Seems to have become the favorite way to punish those who dare to exclude anyone from their party by setting LFG requirements.

Posted by: Phox.6895

Phox.6895

Reporting them does nothing. The same kitten has been doing this all week, destroying groups, kicking people out of instances and calling us subhumans. Anet, this isn’t some low priority thing anymore – we need a fix, or at least a statement, because right now one person is enough to completly shut you out of Fractals, Dungeons and even Raids.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I imagine it’s not an easy problem to fix. They could make it so groups could not join squads, but that would inconvenience people who want that functionality. I’d say the inconvenience would be trumped by the loss of progress in instanced content, but I’m not one of the people who do join.

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

I am going to look into a solution for this.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Excellent news. Thanks for letting us know.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Would a possible solution be to disable the “join squad” feature while you are in an instance?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Anowyyn.2304

Anowyyn.2304

Thank you so much for letting us know someone is checking this out, I really appreciate the response. <3

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I love how much more communication we get from devs in this forum now. Pre-hot and post-hot is like night and day. I hope you guys keep it up, because its making a difference.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

can we also update the rules for the lfg tool to be shown within the tool itself and not have to go through forums for a list of the rules?

can we not have a guild recruitment section added in lfg tool to stop the map chat spam?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Would a possible solution be to disable the “join squad” feature while you are in an instance?

Either this, or have each player in group having to accept (and join) on individual basis, instead of merging the whole group the moment one person agrees.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Disable the merge function until you have time to fix it, the merge function won’t be missed until then.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Im gonna post in here because i had this happen to me this morning. I didnt catch the player doing it but they did it to multiple groups in the T1 fractal slot.

This person joined my group changed my LFG description to “Erotic kitten fractal fun” and the language to spanish and dropped my group.

Three minutes later they joined another group in T1s and changed the group to “Bible study truth revealed” and the language to spanish.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Galmuth.3967

Galmuth.3967

I’m going to chime in here to add that this same thing happened to my group a few hours ago. Someone kept adding themselves into our fractal LFG and merging with a squad, kicking us out of the fractal lobby. It happened a few times in succession.

In the end we pulled the LFG at 4 members and proceeded to 4 man the fractal. We didn’t want to risk having the troll come in and kick us out again.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

@Dante what do u mean by they ‘dropped’ your group? It can also mean in the sense ‘abandoned’, as in left your group. It would help to clarify

If all you’re saying is is there’s a troll joining groups and changing their lfg’s when the owners are afk, that’s kind of a harmless joke. Not to encourage that sort of behavior but some of those posts are sorta funny. I should remember on April’s fools or somesuch where rarely could u find a lfg that was for serious.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

@Dante what do u mean by they ‘dropped’ your group? It can also mean in the sense ‘abandoned’, as in left your group. It would help to clarify

If all you’re saying is is there’s a troll joining groups and changing their lfg’s when the owners are afk, that’s kind of a harmless joke. Not to encourage that sort of behavior but some of those posts are sorta funny. I should remember on April’s fools or somesuch where rarely could u find a lfg that was for serious.

Thats not harmless at all, if i get reported for having that in my LFG search block, and then i get banned, because of it, Which could happen, that is not harmless. I wasnt afk either, i said hello to them and they left the group.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: daethwing.7093

daethwing.7093

I just had a variant of this happen to me and I’m confused and angry and not sure who to blame. I was with a group running bloomhunger and we had to pug a 5th to fight bloom (we killed mossman) then we fought and killed bloom and right at the kill, two of us, myself and another, were booted out and found ourselves at the fractal portal in a random squad. The rest of our party wasn’t present. My friend was still in the party, as was this other guy’s friend, with the third person who we had pugged just before the fight. If some troll had merged the party, wouldn’t it have grabbed all of us? There’s really no system info at all telling me what happened or who did what, but whatever happened, neither myself or this other guy got credit for the daily T3 Bloom kill, and right before reset no less.

Posted by: Sarumsa.3895

Sarumsa.3895

This happened to me 3 times today, i couldnt even finish my daily fractals. Pls fix this, its so simple…