Is there any reason to do Story mode?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

It seems like story mode is longer and gives pathetic rewards. The titles only count completing the many paths of a dungeon right? Story mode is much harder to get a group.

For a dungeon behind an event, is there any reason to do story mode or should I just jump in and explore mode group?

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

For the sake of doing Story Mode once is all the reason right now. The only Story Mode dungeons I remember are AC since it was in the BWEs and was amazing at the time, CM since it used to be farmed, and Arah since its part of the story.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I think the only real reasons are to see the story of destiny’s edge unfold and so you can be the first one into future explorable instances of that dungeon.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

The only reasons to do Story mode are:

a To experience the story

b To unlock Exploration mode.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

The only reasons to do Story mode are:

a To experience the story

b To unlock Exploration mode.

^^ this.

Storymodes can be entertaining. At any rate someone in your explore groups will have had to do storymode. Nothing worse than having your group only to find out nobody can make explore mode. Thats how I usually end up doing story.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

1. If you’re a fan of the lore then I think they contribute a lot to the lore of the game

2. To unlock access to exploreable mode

3. Dungeon master achievement.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Ryuujin.5760

Ryuujin.5760

I can never find anyone to do Story Mode for the later dungeons. EVERYONE is doing EXPLORATION, which means I’m stuck. UGH =(

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Dungeon Master requires story mode? Seemed like it only required all paths.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Story mode is a path.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: AngelusTacit.5270

AngelusTacit.5270

Dungeon Master requires story mode? Seemed like it only required all paths.

Story Mode counts as a path

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

For the dungeons that can be contested, it helps because you may be the only person on an uncontested server.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Story mode’s for the story. Course you could go look up the story on youtube probably and watch it that way if you want.

Other than that, well someone in the group needs to have done it to be able to run the dungeon on explorable mode. As the person above me said, it’s nice to have that ability yourself since if you rely on it being other people, they might be on a server where the dungeon is contested and the one on your server isn’t. I did CoF story mode for that reason.

If you’re having trouble getting a group for story mode, use gw2lfg.com. You’ll find 4 other people wanting to do it too if you’re a little patient.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

nope as far as I know. you do it once and never return. I mean why would you do a path that gives no daily token reward when the explorable do. thats the only reason we’re forced to do story, because we won’t do it willing on our own.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

If you’re having trouble getting a group for story mode, use gw2lfg.com. You’ll find 4 other people wanting to do it too if you’re a little patient.

^^this.

The server I play on is fairly populated and busy and I dont know if I could find a group for story for any of the non-fractal dungeons. I use gw2lfg to find groups for everything.

And I agree that once you’ve done story mode there isn’t any reason to go back in unless your helping someone else with it. But you get to see it once and you are able to make explore modes. The only other reason would be if your chasing the dungeon master title.

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

so you’re not always in a group of 4 other idiots who can’t do their speed run since no one can start it.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Story mode is longer and does seem to give a worse rewards in comparison to expolorable mode.

So I wonder, why don’t they give any dungeon tokens for explorable? Might encourage more to run story mode again.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Well, for the story is why you do story mode, but honestly when I take guildies and friends through I am finally making a decent profit off of it with the introduction of the wonderous bags. That was a brilliant idea, not to mention it does give a nice little chunk of exp, so I usually bring a newbie alt and “powerlevel” it that way. Not all stories are longer, just sometimes it seems longer because not everyone knows how to do it.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: derkstout.9270

derkstout.9270

Just want to complete the personal story! Going to try gw2lfg this weekend. Hope that works as even in multiple guilds, it’s Extremely difficult to find 4 others to join in to help out otherwise. Frustrating for sure.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

you on US servers? If so message me in-game and I’ll take you through.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

Just want to complete the personal story! Going to try gw2lfg this weekend. Hope that works as even in multiple guilds, it’s Extremely difficult to find 4 others to join in to help out otherwise. Frustrating for sure.

It will work, that’s a very helpful website.

Within a couple of minutes, I found a group for Arah story. It was nice to finally finish my personal story.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

you get money and it is easy. i run story when i can’t find a group for exp.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

I just like helping people do story mode, sometimes I’ll just sit out side a dungeon looking for players that still need to do story mode and help them through it. So far the only story mode I like are, Ascalonian Catacombs, Citadel of Flames (my personal favorite!), and Crucible of Eternity. I didn’t really like Twilight Arbor all too much.