Is this normal in pugging raids?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

I decided to try to pug Xera today. On the second try someone got downed right after we get the shard down on the buttons, I tried to res him but we were 1s late of getting to the ley line of middle platform, we fell down and I got instakicked with the other guy

I don’t usually pug since I got my guild group, but we didn’t kill Xera this week so I decided to give LFG a try. Is this common to happen in pugs, and did I just find the reason why people hate raids? Or did I just find a really weird raidleader?

This isn’t a salty post, I only found the kick to be hilarious, since I lean more towards a milder kind of elitism too. I killed the boss three times and got almost 90 LI, so I’m not really inexperienced either. This just made me curious that is this kind of behaviour really common in the pugging world of raids?

Posted by: valheru.7891

valheru.7891

In my experience. This isn’t normal. You just happend to have a bad raid leader.

Because it was bad luck for him to go down just after the shard had been destroyed and you where the only one smart enough to start res him. If everyone would have ressed nothing would have happend. I have bad experience with pugging. But I also have very good once. until yesterday one of my best clears of w1 and w2 where both pug raids. one shotting 4 of the 6 bosses and the other 2 just 3 or 4 try’s

Posted by: Nozome.7853

Nozome.7853

If it was indeed the second try , then the raidleader was just really kittenty.

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

It indeed was. Glad to hear these incidents aren’t that common though!

(edited by Huttunen.8309)

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

As a pug raider with a bit over 100 li i can say i seen this a lot of times, and my xp is its really common. To add to this from just today i joined to help gorse run coz when im done my runs i like to help when i cant wvw, so i joined raid and on start ofc i can link all and was fine. Two ppl joined and whwn linked 12 and 24 li got insta kicks. I asked why . We dont need bad players . How he know they are bad ? I left coz i cant look like that. Joined other run 30 min after, vg . As i was back on my war and it wasnt ps set i didnt look at all . Same thing , someonw linked 48 li , kick . Both time there was no xxx li in lfg set . Ok i stay coz some ppl were nice in and we killed it. I realized then, kicked person was ps . He linked asc gear with pref runes scholar, i used str. I wasnt even ps , just useless dps . He got kicked and i was left in coz “tonic” i was skilled.
So in general i was really not helping much , and it was ok but some poor person who would help more for sure got kick coz low li. Shame on me but also really shame on how thigs go for pugs. My 2c

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

It may be that i choose the groups a bit more strict than others, but i haven’t seen a group which kicks someone for a single death yet. It can happen that someone is kicked if he goes down many times several trys in a row, but it was never instant.
@ryandeniszorro: I agree. Kicking someone at VG for having “only” 48 LI is stupid as heck. And the PS thing happenes sometimes. I enjoy playing condi-war in our guildraids sometimes and somehow i manage to switch gear but not the traits if i swap back to ps sometimes. Often i don’t even realize it because I have 25 Stacks of Might (but noone else :S)

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I have never seen that in my time raiding. I’ve only gotten 20-30 LI from pugs though.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

elitist attitudes like that are really shortsighted imo, if too many people are like that the pool of people to raid with will never grow

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

What a dumb reason for a kick.

If they weren’t cognizant enough to realize why you were reviving, then they probably wouldn’t have been a great pug group anyway :/

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Trolling is real

Posted by: Nana.9512

Nana.9512

Yeah, the reason for kicking you, well was not a reason at all.

But come on guys, everybody knows, that the world is full of kittens and raids are no exception. You can get lucky with pugs and find nice and helpfull people, but sadly that’s not always the case.
So if you pug, you must expect to encounter some bad/toxic leads or just people, who are impacient. If you don’t want that, find yourself a static group or a guild for raiding

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

i started pugging instead of playing with my casual raid team since couple of weeks now. i can say, pugging is better for me, fast and easier. pugging can be fun and not fun at the same time.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

My block list is growing rapidly, full of all kind of kittens I met during pug raids.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Sorry that happened to you OP. That raid leader was a grade A kitten. Clearly the only person who tries to res others at appropriate times is the one who makes the runs fail. Clearly /s

Posted by: Arthas.1074

Arthas.1074

Seems like you had low dmg on this platform so i dont see a Problem on kicking people with low dps

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

If one is downed after the shard got destroyed, the damage can’t be that low. That only happens, if the player reaches 10 Stacks after the shard is destroyed. otherwise he would rally.