Jade Maw 5 Minutes or Less...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Aizza.4950

Aizza.4950

Okay so maybe me and my buddies just suck but we are really struggling with this one.

We rush in and kill the tentacles ASAP and then in that scramble right after they die we usually lose about 30 seconds getting settled in that usual corner and getting some crystals to us so we miss probably 2 or 3 hits on the Maw. Is a perfect, no-miss run needed to kill that idiot in 5 minutes or less?

Guild Officer|Head Recruiter|Strait Outta Kryta [KRTA]
SBI NA Fight Guild|4 WvW Raids/week Mail me for info
Champion Illusionist|Champion Shadow|Champion Magus|Champion Paragon|Champion Genius

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Just use lifesteal.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Just use lifesteal.

It’s fixed, according to the patch notes. Did you try it yet?

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Life steal is still possible.

Source: personal experience

Nova [rT]

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Brb doing this quickly. Thanks for the info.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

This one is actually really easy to do without lifesteal just by paying attention in a somewhat decent group. We did it on the first try where we actually knew when the timer started, and we had one DC, so it was basically 4-manned.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Nothing that they said got fixed was actually fixed. Condi dmg at dredgeboss e.g. still doesn’t scale up when he gets hit by the fire.
They probably just thought “hey, lets write it into the patchnotes, people probably won’t even try it out and just think that it got fixed.”

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

dutchiez.7502

It’s very easy on the low levels.

We did it on level 20 to also get another achievement (do Jade Maw at level 20).

Nova [rT]

dutchiez.7502

There’s actually new bugs, some things that used to be solid now aren’t anymore (molten facility drill, thaumanova forcefield in the turret room).

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

We did it with guildies and succeed first try (no lifesteal), still was far from perfect run.

Kill all tentacles during the p2 with the colossus, and as much as possible afterwards.

Or, if you’re lazy, lifestealsploit is the way to go.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Nothing that they said got fixed was actually fixed. Condi dmg at dredgeboss e.g. still doesn’t scale up when he gets hit by the fire.
They probably just thought “hey, lets write it into the patchnotes, people probably won’t even try it out and just think that it got fixed.”

That’s what I thought. lol
I don’t think any of those things mentioned there were actually fixed, except maybe Mossman. You can’t stack in the corners in Aetherblade Retreat either apparently.

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

I pugged it and also did it without live steal. The tactic is to just run into the middle, kill everything and prioritizing staying near crystal rather than running around and dodging the attack. Remember to prioritize killing colossus (look for red circles), but make sure that all tentacles are dead before phase 2. During phase 2, first spike one of the side tentacles and then stand there and range the rest. I found that ranged characters had a slightly easier time in standing near a crystal and killing tentacles.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Make sure you have a bit of time left on the timer when you do it. Me and a couple of guildies were doing for teh lulz, he started his last animation at like 5-6 seconds left on the timer and it didn’t count.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i did it without lifesteal pretty easily

Posted by: Mesona.5293

Mesona.5293

What my group failed to realize the first two or three attempts was that Maw attacks faster in his final phase. We were originally keeping the jade colossi alive until we ran out of crystals, but when we realized he attacks maybe twice as fast after you kill the last colossus, we rushed maw into that phase and killed him with a good 30 seconds left, with several misses thrown in.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This is true except for Mossman. Open world really is the priority.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Just curious, what happens if you pull mossman under water?

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

There’s actually new bugs, some things that used to be solid now aren’t anymore (molten facility drill, thaumanova forcefield in the turret room).

Urban Battlegrounds barriers as well, you can just take the short path all the time

You can also skip the three champions in uncategorized and old tom but apparently that bugs the instance

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Just curious, what happens if you pull mossman under water?

My group wasn’t able to pull him in anymore.. That said, a pug was doing the pulling so he could’ve just failed miserably.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

pugged it, 4man maw (5th personal d/c during the running part and didn’t get back in time) and did it with 4 seconds to spare. we also didn’t do lifesteal.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Is that why Alphard’s crates are now only partially solid?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Did it with pugs, no lifesteal and about more than 30 seconds to spare. I think we missed one or two lasers.