Jade Maw Fractal Agony Trigger Event Gating

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

Q:

Well this isn’t a matter of content difficulty. This is a real issue here. I can have a good party that breezes through the dungeon up until Jade Maw we get shut down with 30AR and burning all heals. First it forces all Fractal 40+ parties to either have a Ranger, or it forces you to purchase 500 gems for Revive orbs. Otherwise you can’t beat any Jade Maw 40+.

This is the only Agony in the game that is undodgeable as it is a Timed Effect when a player jumps into the first Jade Maw platform block. It will happen 2x in the boss fight.

For those who have reached Fractal 40+, is there a legitimate way of getting pass the Jade Maw Agony attack w/o needing to use a Ranger pet or Revive orb or is this just Anet’s way of sucking us dry with gem costs? You can also try to time Guardians to blow their Tomes but what about 46+ or so when you simply don’t have enough healing in the game to mitigate Agony? I don’t consider the 95-99% revival trick a legitimate method simply because it’s not an intended design.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

(edited by Stigma.7869)

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

I personally believe it was never Anet’s intent for players to reach 40+ so quickly. The differences in agony is just absurd for it to be intended.

As for your question, there is one other strategy that works for a while. Prior to phase change, have a member die of their own. Rez them to 99~% hp and wait for agony on phase change. Finish rezzing them during the agony damage, and they will revive without the agony. They can then get the rest of the party back up. Cheesy and a nuisance, but it works til 50 something I do believe.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

can’t u roll X guardians + a mesmer? all of them uses the elites ( tome of healing or w/e its called and quickness for 10sec aoe) will give the party a nice hp/sec. right? or is the agony insta downed?

Stigma.7869

can’t u roll X guardians + a mesmer? all of them uses the elites ( tome of healing or w/e its called and quickness for 10sec aoe) will give the party a nice hp/sec. right? or is the agony insta downed?

Fractal 40+ kills light armor in within 2 ticks w/ 1 tome + heals. Fractal 50+ Maw Agony ticks even harder n probably kill party w/ 2-3 guardian tomes.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Fractal damage at level 50+ is 2000% of your health ever second.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Whats scary is some players are 60+.

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

Whats scary is some players are 60+.

You meant: what’s scary is people hit the cap (80) and are wondering when Anet is adding more or if its a bug it stops there.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They couldn’t make rangers actually desirable in dungeons so they did this instead :P.

Stigma.7869

They couldn’t make rangers actually desirable in dungeons so they did this instead :P.

Despite how much I support GW2, I actually think they might have done this considering how totalitarian Anet’s decisions have been.

Groups who don’t have a Ranger must be using the 95-99% revive tactic. Which I don’t consider a proper method that was intended design.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Despite how much I support GW2, I actually think they might have done this considering how totalitarian Anet’s decisions have been.

Groups who don’t have a Ranger must be using the 95-99% revive tactic. Which I don’t consider a proper method that was intended design.

If you look at the way search and rescue pets teleport over the gap, it’s not intended either.

Stigma.7869

If you look at the way search and rescue pets teleport over the gap, it’s not intended either.

So pretty much the conclusion we have is that Anet didn’t intend for players to get to Fractal 40+ having released the dungeon in November? There’s already a team reaching Lv 81 and the only reason Fractal level progression is as slow as it is right now is due to the party level constraint. When the Fractal patch comes out, more and more people will hit 40+ and start raising flags at the gate.

DancingPenguins.9875

So pretty much the conclusion we have is that Anet didn’t intend for players to get to Fractal 40+ having released the dungeon in November? There’s already a team reaching Lv 81 and the only reason Fractal level progression is as slow as it is right now is due to the party level constraint. When the Fractal patch comes out, more and more people will hit 40+ and start raising flags at the gate.

That’s the point. They are gating it at 39 until they release more fractal gear. They’ll continue to do so until a point where all the fractal gears are released from weapon to armor. At least that’s the last they’ve discussed of ascended gear.

As for whether this still holds true or not, no idea.

Stigma.7869

It was in the other thread where Nokaru said this:

Jade Maw’s agony hits for over 1,172%/second at and past 50; it ticks 9 times too. To put it in perspective, it hit for 72%/second at 40-49. You need to abuse Revive Orbs, or Search and Rescue, or some other exploit to get your party back up. You need (about) 450+ Agony Resistance to “legitimately” survive it.

If 450+ AR is the estimated magic number to avoid this Agony attack then it would make sense for Ascended Gear with higher AR base stats than +5. It would approach more in line proportionally to other stats ie. 75 AR for each armor piece.

However, if that was the case, then I can no longer defend Anet against any gear treadmill protests. The issue is that the Jade Maw Agony attack is a Triggered Undodgeable Event throws away the notion that Agony is a pair of training wheels to teach players to dodge. I have long supported Fractals because no matter how much new players protest, the fact that all Agony attacks are dodgeable or healable makes their point moot.

It makes Agony a cheap concept to force players to get new gear. Make the Jade Maw agony a dodgeable attack and solve everything!

(edited by Stigma.7869)

DancingPenguins.9875

It makes Agony a cheap concept to force players to get new gear. Make the Jade Maw agony a dodgeable attack and solve everything.

This is why what they last said might not be true. Because a lot of people that actually do fractals do not like the idea of the hard cap and gimmick beyond 40. They’ve been silent with regards to ascended gear since, who knows, maybe they’ll lift the cap and change things.

The way it’s scaled, Fractals encourages glass cannons both by increasing mob HP and mob damage. There is a point it become dodge/reflect or fail. So it’ll end up being skill capped there.

As I mentioned elsewhere, given the use for reflects, I’m almost certain touch rangers will make a comeback in some form in future updates to fractals.