Jade Maw + Leach Life

Jade Maw + Leach Life

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nalfein.1098

Nalfein.1098

Q:

Last night we fought Jade Maw using the Dark Field + Projectile Finisher with astonishing results. The fight ended shortly.
But that leads us to the discussion if that was legal or not.
I want to know if there was an official announcement about this. Anyone heard something?

(edited by Nalfein.1098)

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: cifer.2357

cifer.2357

Which 2 combos did you use and how fast was the fight?

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

So it does still work. I was told they fixed it.

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I shot a man but my friends said it was ok, and the government hasnt given me an official statement yet, its probably legal.

no, this is not ‘legal’ or well, not intended, the jade maw is immune to normal attacks, and Arenanet just forgot to take combo fields in consideration. There has, however not been an official statement as the dungeon forums are rarely visited by devs, and this exploit doesn’t get mentioned very regularly. Apologies if I come over more offensively than is professional.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

How fast does it go?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

I think it’s like 1 charged crystal hit = 1 or 2 combo hits.

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Lindbur.2537

So one crystal does about 404 damage to him… interesting. His health is actually lower than I thought.

A remnant of times past.

Jade Maw + Leach Life

spoj.9672

You only use it in phase 2 and from that point it takes a couple of seconds if you have an ele.

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Lindbur.2537

With this information out in the open, I’m expecting that they either make the head immune to lifesteal as well, or they multiply his health tenfold.

A remnant of times past.

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Sanderinoa.8065

This information has been out in the open for atleast months, it dissapeared after some time, but when it was here it was ignored as usual

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I shot a man but my friends said it was ok, and the government hasnt given me an official statement yet, its probably legal.

no, this is not ‘legal’ or well, not intended, the jade maw is immune to normal attacks, and Arenanet just forgot to take combo fields in consideration. There has, however not been an official statement as the dungeon forums are rarely visited by devs, and this exploit doesn’t get mentioned very regularly. Apologies if I come over more offensively than is professional.

But Sandy, actually now we have many devs visiting the dungeon sub-forum because Mighty Danicia asked them to do so! Or did she say she could ask them? Ah, I always get lost with Anet’s rhetoric.

Anyway in an other thread they said that stacking FGS’s fire field is not an exploit since it is “intended by design”. So… what is intended by design and what is not? I guess we have no way to know until they post about it.

Here’s the thing. There are many actions (both in-game and on the forums) that the devs consider illegal, but they will not tell you about it. Yes you read me right. In the agreements that everybody checked and read they mention that they can terminate your account for what ever reasons they see fit, without having to disclose them.

Boom, that’s the power of law my friends! Or is it the spirit of the law ? Ah, I’m confused again. Hopefully Danicia can clear this up for us: she’s our moderagod after all.

Luckily the developed states in which we live generally have a less interpretative approach to the law than Anet. This is why if say your name was something like Dalon and you were to get banned for a reason not mentioned anywhere then you should be able to ask for a refund. Or make a big mess publicly. Just saying.

In theory you should know what is an exploit and what is not. But in practice you can not. The reason for this is that Anet does not know either. Anet’s opinons are usually as enduring as living world content and they have profaned everything they wrote in their manifesto.

Note to mods: I am just stating the facts; please do not interpret anything I wrote as an insult to Anet’s staff. Edit: I am genuinely puzzled!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

(edited by Zelyhn.8069)

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: cifer.2357

cifer.2357

Does this work for world bosses as well?

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

@ Cifer.2357
Dark Combo Fields do work for world bosses but it isn’t nearly as effective.
World bosses have much more hit points especially when scaled up.

The jade maw has much less health than most bosses.
It is a unique boss since you can’t physically attack it and the damage it takes is typically regulated by throwing charged crystals at it.

Hypothesis: This has happened because

1. The change to allow dark combo fields to scale with power
2. Throwing Crystals that work as a projectile combo getting bonus damage?

(This is speculation based on what I have been reading. It doesn’t seem like preposterous hypothesis Did Steve tell you that, perchance? Steve?)

Attachments:

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

(edited by OIIIIIO.7825)

Jade Maw + Leach Life

spoj.9672

It works because the only dmg you are supposed to do is percentage based from crystals or previously killing tentacles (dont know why they fixed this). Therefore there is no reason for jade maw to have a large hp pool seeing as all intented damage is percentage based. So he only has a very small hp pool which means lifesteal projectiles to a considerable amount of damage compared to his total hp.

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Sanderinoa.8065

But Sandy, actually now we have many devs visiting the dungeon sub-forum because Mighty Danicia asked them to do so! Or did she say she could ask them? Ah, I always get lost with Anet’s rhetoric.

Anyway in an other thread they said that stacking FGS’s fire field is not an exploit since it is “intended by design”. So… what is intended by design and what is not? I guess we have no way to know until they post about it.

Here’s the thing. There are many actions (both in-game and on the forums) that the devs consider illegal, but they will not tell you about it. Yes you read me right. In the agreements that everybody checked and read they mention that they can terminate your account for what ever reasons they see fit, without having to disclose them.

Boom, that’s the power of law my friends! Or is it the spirit of the law ? Ah, I’m confused again. Hopefully Danicia can clear this up for us: she’s our moderagod after all.

Luckily the developed states in which we live generally have a less interpretative approach to the law than Anet. This is why if say your name was something like Dalon and you were to get banned for a reason not mentioned anywhere then you should be able to ask for a refund. Or make a big mess publicly. Just saying.

In theory you should know what is an exploit and what is not. But in practice you can not. The reason for this is that Anet does not know either. Anet’s opinons are usually as enduring as living world content and they have profaned everything they wrote in their manifesto.

Note to mods: I am just stating the facts; please do not interpret anything I wrote as an insult to Anet’s staff. Edit: I am genuinely puzzled!

TL;DR /15chars

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

It isn’t ‘too long; didn’t read’. Maybe ‘too du…; didn’t read’??!! I’m just guessing the words and do not invent its meaning.

On topic, so now I know not to mention dark field and jade maw together.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I haven’t played fractals since ANET decided to fracture their quality and fracture my faith in the company itself, but Engineer used to be able to solo maw really easily, and perform some other fun tricks in fractals as well.

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Sanderinoa.8065

lol I really did write TD;DR xD crap, quickly, think of something, oh right, too dull, didn’t read, nice one

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Jade Maw + Leach Life

spoj.9672

too dumb; didnt read*

:DDDDD

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

lol I really did write TD;DR xD crap, quickly, think of something, oh right, too dull, didn’t read, nice one

Yeah very nice. So that’s how you thank me for dying three time for you so you can test weird stuff in Arah?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Sanderinoa.8065

too dumb; didnt read*

touché xD

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Sanderinoa.8065

Yeah very nice. So that’s how you thank me for dying three time for you so you can test weird stuff in Arah?

Oi that only happened later

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Jade Maw + Leach Life

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

too dumb; didnt read*

Only spoj understands me! But again, I was just guessing…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids