Judge My Decisions

Judge My Decisions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Hi. Post your defining moments.

Mine "ac path1 after the second scepter pieces have been gathered but before running through the last tunnel the dungeon host, who posted the lfg, says we are doing Kholer… one players says here is five silver we are not doing Kholer and proceeds down the tunnel… I proceed to Kholer…. other two player pause for a second and one follows down the tunnel…. third player pauses a second longer and follows down the tunnel….host is standing still halfway to Kholer the entire time… Im at Kholer host starts toward me after the other three run down tunnel

vote to kick initiated by the host and seconded three times by me in the space of three
seconds

one came back and helped us kill kholer it was all good

this is the kind of stuff that makes dungeons interesting imo

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, kicking players for not wanting to do something you didn’t advertise for in the LFG (and then doing it in the wrong order when killing Kohler was actually wasting more time than usual). That’s the kind of stuff that makes dungeons interesting.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, kicking people for silly reasons is definitely interesting.

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Judge My Decisions

Slither Shade.4782

so you claim that you would not have kicked myself and other for going to kholer at that time… very interesting

it is interesting that you see yourselves from the perspective of the three and believe that your choice to not do kholer is the correct one… unable to accept someone elses wishes as relevant as if there is a correct choice and as if there is an order it is to be done in… an order taught to you and that you accepted and now anything outside of the box causes distress… as if everything must be written in the lfg and accepted as a legally binding contract… i dont even remember what the lfg said but somehow you seem to know that it said nothing

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Just do both bosses at the same time.

Everybody wins.

Judge My Decisions

Slither Shade.4782

edited title from “Outcome Determining Decisions” (I forget already lol) to “Judge My Decisions” as this may be much more interesting

ok judge this decision(s)

I made an lfg for and was the dungeon host for an “ac path3 lvl35+”. As a side note I was on my geared ele 80 which in my opinion is an excellent support class for ac if needed. This was while the standard method of spider boss kill was to stack for the entire encounter. It turned out that my choice to bring the ele was a good one as I got all under 80 players who were new to the dungeon. All except for one of them who gave me the impression from the way he played that he had done the dungeon before but long ago as he kept doing everything the old ways. I suggested to him that the unwritten rule of lfg’s was to stack and skip and that he should come stack with us. He responded so I know he could read English but continued to wipe us by causing aoe.

I made the decision to not kick him (the other new players either didn’t know what kick was or were too nice. I said in chat “ok everyone out in the open we are doing this old school”. Which we proceeded to do. Then he insisted that we do kholer which I again allowed (new players should experience doing kholer anyways imo) where we wiped a couple times as he was determined that we do it old school. By this time the others were asking if we were nearly done yet and I could tell they were getting close to quitting so I then hurried us along and skipped everything possible.

At the final boss I say “we are stacking this boss as they have all been in here long enough and I don’t want anyone to quit this close. they have been in here a long time.” He proceeds to kite the boss out of our site from the stacking spot and I then decided to kick him. I figured we could four man it … nope. After wiping made an lfg and his replacement was a very new player. The boss proceeded to kick the living kitten out of us all and wiped again at which point the new player quit (Im surprised no one else did). Lfg again and an experienced warrior or something came and we barely managed to kill the boss.

I regretted a couple decisions that run. The last one being to insist on stacking the last boss… we probably would have killed it first try nonstack.

What would you have done?

Remirome I like your idea. Ive wondered on a ac story speed run why the three (four counting both lovers) champs before the final boss are not done at the same time.

(edited by Slither Shade.4782)

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Slither if you were on your ele, did you bother to stack might and FGS rush him… ? Just wondering. I’m guessing not and that the people you had with you wouldn’t have had a clue about conj weapons based off of your descriptions. :S

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I wouldn’t have kicked someone for wanting to do Kholer or even walking over to do Kholer (or for not wanting to do so). I find dungeons runs to be more enjoyable if I just go with the flow. So, taking AC for example, if I pug I ask (after the elite and champ gravelings) if they want to do Kholer. Whatever the majority says I go along with in this case, just to save time. Even if a stalemate happens, like in your original post, I don’t kick them. More often than not everyone gets on the same page, the dungeon continues, and we get our rewards.

Now, if they start mouthing off in party chat, I’d be ok with kicking them.

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t kick in AC either unless they spawn the oozes in P1 before the scepter pieces and give some smartmouth response after I question them about it. Being new to AC is fine, as long as they say so. Normally if something dreadful happens I’d prefer to just leave and let them have fun with their nonsense. :P

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

We usually don’t kick pugs aswell as long as they do not make big mistakes! It’s not a cool move to kick someone at the end of a dungeon when he did the whole rest with you.
And that being said by an “elitist noob zerk only” speedrunner!

toxic since 2012

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

So… “PHIW” ended up being more traumatic to new players than stacking/buffsharing/meta.. yes interesting. I think you should’ve kicked him earlier.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Judge My Decisions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

so you claim that you would not have kicked myself and other for going to kholer at that time… very interesting

it is interesting that you see yourselves from the perspective of the three and believe that your choice to not do kholer is the correct one… unable to accept someone elses wishes as relevant as if there is a correct choice and as if there is an order it is to be done in… an order taught to you and that you accepted and now anything outside of the box causes distress… as if everything must be written in the lfg and accepted as a legally binding contract… i dont even remember what the lfg said but somehow you seem to know that it said nothing

Well, it completely depend on the LFG description. If it said killing kholer, then its alright. If not? Then you can ask if ppl want to kill kholer, but it seem like there was 3 ppl vs 2 ppl that didn’t want to kill it. At least that’s what I do. I never said killing kholer in my LFG, but in the dungeon i wrote ‘’killing kholer?’’ and react depending on what the rest of the group do or write. For me the power of the host is limited to the LFG description, after that it a decision that the party should take, not just the host. I don’t want to be rigid in pugs, if i want to play in a really specific way, i’ll stick with my guildies.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Judge My Decisions

Slither Shade.4782

Purple. its true I did a poor job of supporting them i gave no advice on skills buffs whatever. i like to think ive improved since then but ive gotten tired of ele so unlikely to see. that was the worst run usually they went better. also the number of new players has dropped imo and i have little interest in running people leveling their alts… they can make their own groups and do it themselves

cool this was more interesting than the usual stacking debate